Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    the fail that is...Dixie Carter

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    yeah most of the names have already been announced. Thankfully someone has sense in avoiding this potential train wreck
    I was hoping to write a bigger article about the TNA: ECW Themed PPV, because I am getting bombarded with questions, but I've got a very busy schedule for the next week, so I'll just address this here and now.

I was asked if I would be interested in taking part in the TNA: One Last Stand PPV. I think it was big of them to extend me the offer, considering my general opinion of the TNA product, and want to I thank them for that, but I will not be taking part.

I feel it would be hypocritical of me to work the show, considering my out outspoken views of the TNA product. I have a great deal of respect for the boys who will be working the show as well as the great workers on the TNA roster, but I have no desire to be a part of the TNA creative process. As for ECW, One Night Stand in 2005 was my farewell and am content in letting sleeping dogs lie.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well what the fuck is she supposed to say? "Our product is supposed to be a surprise and obviously that's what makes a story great, so here's a list of the wrestler's names that were leaked by websites that most of you probably haven't even heard of!"
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited July 2010
    they should of knew his answer ahead of time and spared even asking him. He constantly takes a shit on their product.
    Well what the fuck is she supposed to say? "Our product is supposed to be a surprise and obviously that's what makes a story great, so here's a list of the wrestler's names that were leaked by websites that most of you probably haven't even heard of!"
    is a mark
    edited July 2010
    How the fuck does she say the card looks amazing and then in the following sentence she claims she's still waiting for Tommy to announce it? Brian, stop marking out for this bullshit. Originals have been turning down this pathetic attempt of a show left and right, and keeping the little dignity they have left.
    Alright, sorry.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    The only reason I'm really excited about this is because I wasn't old enough to witness the original ECW, and while I know that this will be nowhere near as good as it, it will still be something fun for me to see. I guess the reason I'm getting so pissed about you guys talking shit about the event (which I'm sure is deserving) is because I'm jealous of the fact that you guys got to actually witness it and all I have is WWE releases, Hardcore Homecoming, and Youtube. It's not the same.
    edited July 2010
    The closes thing you'll ever get to the original ECW was One Night Stand '05. I would say Hardcore Homecoming. But, that was Shane Douglas trying to overshadow ONS. He couldn't put his ego aside for one night and go work Vince's show. So he tried putting on his own special night. Alot of those guys that did HH ended up working ONS anyways, so that made HH even less special. Plus Heyman wasn't part of HH, and if Heyman isn't creatively behind it, it isn't the real deal.

RF Video put together some good sets of old ECW footage and what not. Get your hands on some of those and enjoy.

some of my favorite all time moments....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaJUBvSpU
    Post edited by NOLA on
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited July 2010
    I downloaded every original ECW PPV. I haven't gotten through them all yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yeah, I've been wanting to get some fancams from RF. Once I have some cash (that I don't need for concerts) I'm gonna buy a few.
    Holy fuck I just watched that shoot on Vince...I'm speechless...

I wonder how much of that was really supposed to be in the promo
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Don't buy from RF, he's a pedophile.
    Oh...well that sucks
    The closes thing you'll ever get to the original ECW was One Night Stand '05. I would say Hardcore Homecoming. But, that was Shane Douglas trying to overshadow ONS. He couldn't put his ego aside for one night and go work Vince's show. So he tried putting on his own special night. Alot of those guys that did HH ended up working ONS anyways, so that made HH even less special. Plus Heyman wasn't part of HH, and if Heyman isn't creatively behind it, it isn't the real deal.

RF Video put together some good sets of old ECW footage and what not. Get your hands on some of those and enjoy.

some of my favorite all time moments....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEaJUBvSpU
    i actually asked cornette what he remembered from that bit for his podcast and actually got an answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZIAALiXnZ4

about 5:30 in
    a LOL from the fcw tapings

Austin Watson, formerly TNA tag title co-holder Consequences Creed, debuted at the sold out FCW live event this Thursday. He was the tag partner of NXT’s Percy Watson in a losing effort against Donny Marlow & Brodus Clay.
    ROH on HDNET tonight announced

Charlie Hass and Shleton Benjamin vs. Kings of Wrestling Sept 11 at Glory By Honor.

Will be on internet ppv too. Loved the worlds greatest tag team, lets hope they're there to stay

FINALLY, FINALLY!!!

After all of the no compete [expletive], we are RELEASED AND UNLEASHED to wrestle the way we want, and no longer do we have to put up with KISS ASS POLITICS!

WGTT is coming to a company that respects professional wrestling, especially the art of TAG TEAM WRESTLING.

ROH is said to have the best Tag Team division in the wrestling world. That is why Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas have chosen to reunite in Ring of Honor.

The so-called Kings of Wrestling are the ROH World Tag Team Champions! ROH is your backyard; we are just guests. But make sure you bring your ‘A’ game, because rest assured WGTT will be at the top of ours. WGTT promises that the KOW has never been challenged by a more aggressive, tenacious, and well schooled wrestling tag team.

We are angry and more motivated than ever before to prove why we are WGTT.

WGTT now stands for “Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team” and on September 11th we will once again show the world why.

- HAAS and BENJAMIN (WGTT)
    im looking forward to it.