Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Wrestlemania XXX will take place at the Superdome on April 6, 2014.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Jack Swagger's new gimmick is friggin hilarious
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Holy fucking shit... FINALLY a new wwe championship belt.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    I honestly can't decide if thats even any better then the spinner belt.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I fucks with it.

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's the new belt? Looks fine to me
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I don't really like all the black on the main plate.
    I guess I can see that but idk, I think it looks pretty sharp. Yeah it's just the logo but who cares? It's not like it's a sponsor's logo
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

Give me those two anyday.

I just wished it looked more traditional and not just a huge WWE logo.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Imo they could have done so much better designing it. But I'm so glad that fucking spinner belt is gone
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2013
    I just don't see how grown ass men get so absorbed in wrestling. It's for kids who still believe it's real. As soon as I figured out it wasn't, all the luster was completely gone. That was at like 10-11. Then it goes down to PG rating, and then I saw the new toys at the store the other day, they're like minis and they have the wrestlers drawn as cartoons and shit. I was like "Yup, definitely targeted completely at kids now.".

The only reason I've gotten back into watching it here and there again is 'cause they're basically bodybuilders that "fight", so there's that connection for me, and then just watching the pure strength amazes me sometimes. The fighting's fake, but John Cena catching someone jumping at him from the turnbuckle, holding him up, then putting him behind his back squat style and slamming him down, that's just pure power. And I've watched his lifting videos on YouTube, motherfucker goes nuts in the gym and pushes some insane numbers.

But beyond that, I just don't see the appeal for a grown ass man that knows it's fake. It completely takes the fucks I give about who wins away, 'cause that was decided before the match, as well as already practiced. And then the storylines. When I was a little kid, I got so fucking into it, 'cause I thought these niggas actually hated eachother, would hate anyone who fucked wit any of my favorites, etc., but watching it now, the writing is very poor and just flat out corny.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Its' entertainment for a reason...

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Honestly, watching backyard wrestling on YouTube is more entertaining. 'Cause they're actually dumbass wreckless kids who are actually fighting and have an actual winner. They just beat the fucking shit out of eachother lol.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    We all know what happens in the WWE doe...
    And FUCK that Cena faggot
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    When people ask if I know wrestling is fake I usually ask them if they know The Walking Dead (or whatever scripted show they watch) is fake.

Also, it's more than just the on-screen action and storylines that the hardcore fans are interested in.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I dont watch it anymore, but its sportsmanship, athletic ability, etc. Who wins doesn't really take away from two wrestlers putting on an awesome match.

Also as an adult I find the "backstage politics" to be interesting. Seeing a guy who's been in the business for years finally get his title shot for example.

I dont watch it anymore, but its sportsmanship, athletic ability, etc. Who wins doesn't really take away from two wrestlers putting on an awesome match.

Also as an adult I find the "backstage politics" to be interesting. Seeing a guy who's been in the business for years finally get his title shot for example.

Exactly. I haven't watched in a long time but I'll still read about what happens behind the scenes from time to time