Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Wrestling thread WWE & AEW

Comments

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    i forgot that Ed hates him
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    I don't hate him

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I still don't believe this 100%
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    wow (yeah i know we have tags, but no one prob gives a shit, so dont read if ya dont wanna know what happens)

MAJOR SPOILERS
    Vince said he really suspended Punk because be doesn't want to take a chance on Cena. He doesn't want to risk Cena losing to Punk and losing the title and taking it to another organization. He said he will not be embarrassed. Vince said he's afraid of Cena not beating Punk. Cena said he wanted this match regardless of Punk's status. Cena said if he was a fan, this sounds like the match of the year to him. He asked if Vince would suspend him for saying something Vince didn't like.

Vince told Cena not to piss him off. He said not to be Hogan or any of the guys before him. Vince said he doesn't believe Cena can beat him. Cena said to take a chance and give the people what they want. Vince said he doesn't give a damn what the people want, it's his company and he does what is right for them.

Cena said he gets it. He then said it's not what he signed up for. He said he busts his ass for Vince and he believes the belt stands for something. He said Vince is worried that the belt is meaningless, but by sending Punk away he made it meaningless. Cena handed the belt to Vince and walked out. Vince stopped him and followed him up the ramp. He stood face to face with Cena on the ramp and said Punk is reinstated and he has the match.

Vince said that if Punk walks out of Chicago with the title, he is firing Cena.
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's too bad they taped Raw for next week. Giving people a week to talk about CM Punks "suspension" would have been way better IMO.

Regarding the spoilers pretty much confirms that CM Punks promo was a worked shoot. But still a great promo none the less.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    OMG, this is the greatest thing I've heard/seen in years. I'm making my way to Chicago for this ppv. I don't give a fuck what happens, the atmosphere will be electric. Live updates via twitter/facebook. Shit's gonna be epic.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    edited June 2011
    Glad to see WWE is starting to grow its balls back and get a bit edgier.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Too bad the edge will leave if Punk goes in Chicago.

edited June 2011
    Cena's been working banged up and Punks burned out. Punk winning the title is the perfect way for both guys to get some time off. Cena gets fired for losing, Punk takse the title home and disappears for awhile. It's the angle the WWE needs to get people interested again. While they would lose two huge names for sometime, it'll give them an opportunity to build some others up. "Money In the Bank" is already the most talked about WWE ppv in sometime. They've only been building the damn show for a week now.
    And get a new belt finally

edited June 2011
    Perfect opportunity for a guy like Jericho to come back as well. With Cena and Punk being gone, you need a guy like Jericho to fill the void for awhile. Just so happens his tour ends the same day the "Money In the Bank" takes place. Perfect timing.

It's just a huge stretch on my part, but goddammit isn't that the point?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2011
    That promo was fucking awesome.

I really hope my uncle can get us tickets to money in the bank.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That was one of the best promos ever.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    After Raw went off the air, Michael Cole announced to the crowd in Las Vegas that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely.

Of course, this is all a work guys. Obviously they would have cut his mic off way earlier if it was a legit shoot. They did a tremendous job with it though.

Old news, but a new perspective.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I knew deep down something big was happening while on my way to the movies.

Punk was God in ROH, but the mother fucker is beyond God status in WWE. Jesus Christ that was amazing!!!!!!!
    exclusive footage that wasn't aired on tv last night......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtlzMgdFwSM
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Steve Austin posted the following on Twitter:

"just melted my 52 inch TV with a scorching hot promo...delivery, content, and attitude...one of the best promos I've ever seen."

Colt Cabana wrote the following on Twitter:

"Love Ya @CMPUNK. Just watching you make HISTORY!!! This is soooo f**king amazing...AMAZING!!! #IWantWrestling

Colt Cabana's Trending but @CMPunk should legit trend FOREVER. Coolest thing on wrestling since 1998. Can't believe theyre gonna let'm walk

Should I be taking advantage of this?!? uh...um... coltmerch.com?! art of wrestling on itunes?! ROH, Extra Polar Ice Gum, Diet Coke, Hugs..."

Here are some Twitter reactions to the big "worked shoot" promo of CM Punk's on RAW:

Mick Foley: I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff.

Jim Ross: Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow.

Joey Styles: Holy crap! I thought I was bad when I was shooting on Vince and the company. OMG! Holy crap!