Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Am i the only one who thinks Def Leppard is the worst mainstream rock band of all time?
    inb4lists
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Am i the only one who thinks Def Leppard is the worst mainstream rock band of all time?
    I don't agree. There are many that are far worse. They used to be pretty decent in the early 80's, but Joe Elliot's ego mad them very easy to loathe.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Their first album is incredible, it sounds like less aggressive Iron Maiden.
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

No sir, you are not alone.
    I don't agree. There are many that are far worse. They used to be pretty decent in the early 80's, but Joe Elliot's ego mad them very easy to loathe.
    Name me 5 worse mainstream bands that are worse.
    inb4lists
    Winger, Europe, Poison, Nickelback, Warrant
    Winger was wayyyyyyy better than Def Leppard, Nickelback are irrelevant cause they haven't been around that long, i think Warrent was a little better, Poison is better, I don't really know much about Europe.
    inb4lists
    Winger was wayyyyyyy better than Def Leppard, Nickelback are irrelevant cause they haven't been around that long, i think Warrent was a little better, Poison is better, I don't really know much about Europe.
    None of what you said is true, and you wouldn't be saying it if you heard the albums "On Through The Night, and "High And Dry". Plus Pyromania was better than anything any of those other bands ever released.

edited March 2011
    None of what you said is true, and you wouldn't be saying it if you heard the albums "On Through The Night, and "High And Dry". Plus Pyromania was better than anything any of those other bands ever released.

What chicken said is all true. The radio and MTV ruined alot of bands in the 80's. Def Leppard was right there at the top of the list to line up and produce bubblegum, cookie cutter crap music just to get airplay. Several others come to mine as well, such as, Aerosmith, Poison, Warrant, etc. I think the environment they were released into did as much to turn me from them as the shiity music they were/are making.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Def Leppard was one of my gateway bands that got me into metal, along with Ratt....
    Aerosmith was kickass in the 70's though, Train Kept A Rollin' is a good example of a great song by a meh band.
    Def Lep's first three are classics, after that pure shit.
    Aerosmith was good up til Toys In The Attic
    Poison and Warrant were always shitty poseur bands trying to copy that hair metal formula that was so popular in the 80's.

John, Ratt is still making GOOD music. Their last album was awesome. Carlos Cavazo was a great addition.
    About Poison, Unskinny Bop is a pretty cool song, nothing else by them really sticks out to me though.

Ratt has always been badass.
    fuckin br00tal!!!
    I've always liked Ratt and still do, their album that they released in 2010 was pretty cool
    Didn't one of them Nelson boys make an appearance on fat camp or rehab or some shit like that?
    Didn't one of them Nelson boys make an appearance on fat camp or rehab or some shit like that?
    Ya, he actually wasn't that much out of shape, but he was a last minute replacement for Gary Busey.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Two days in a row you assholes have tricked me into opening this thread
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Winger, Europe, Poison, Nickelback, Warrant
    all those bands are about as bad as def lep, they all blow hard
    edited March 2011
    Actually, I like Nickelback's first album, it is different from their radio rock stuff.

Still like radio rock, but much better written, something is just much better about it.
This discussion has been closed.