Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i know santana was upset, but i loled
    WASHINGTON DC CANCELLATION
    Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their February 10th show in Washington DC at the Verizon Center. Lead vocalist Chester Bennington is ill and under doctor's orders to refrain from performing. The band sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase beginning February 11th.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3n0vBcW5fc

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    <___________________________>
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Amon Amarth - May 6th - Boston Paradise
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Not getting excited about Amon Amarth. They never come here.

This gets me excited though:

"Children Of Bodom To Team Up With Devin Townsend For US Tour?

We heard information from a source close to one of the bands that Children Of Bodom are plotting a summer tour of the US with Devin Townsend as a support act. The tour is slated to kick off in July. No further information is available at this time."

JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    So for Amon Amarth, what's this about the new album in full?
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    That would be a tour I'd have to see. COB and Townsend is pure win.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Children of Bodom And Devin Townsend \m/
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    AVENGED SEVENFOLD, GODSMACK, THREE DAYS GRACE and STONE SOUR are among the hard hitting rock artists confirmed for the first-ever Carolina Rebellion. Set for Saturday, May 7 at Metrolina Expo in Charlotte, North Carolina, Carolina Rebellion will offer fans throughout the Carolinas, and the entire mid-Atlantic region, a full day of non-stop rock on three stages.

The current lineup for Carolina Rebellion is as follows:

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
    GODSMACK
    THREE DAYS GRACE
    STONE SOUR
    SEETHER
    BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
    THEORY OF A DEADMAN
    ALTER BRIDGE
    HINDER
    SKILLET
    SAVING ABEL
    HALESTORM
    BLACK STONE CHERRY
    MY DARKEST DAYS
    CAVO
    REV THEORY
    POP EVIL
    ART OF DYING

The festival will feature two main stages for the biggest acts in rock today, both sponsored by Monster Energy.

I assume that's the Rock On The Range NC that was talked about.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    AVENGED SEVENFOLD, GODSMACK, THREE DAYS GRACE and STONE SOUR are among the hard hitting rock artists confirmed for the first-ever Carolina Rebellion. Set for Saturday, May 7 at Metrolina Expo in Charlotte, North Carolina, Carolina Rebellion will offer fans throughout the Carolinas, and the entire mid-Atlantic region, a full day of non-stop rock on three stages.

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
    GODSMACK
    THREE DAYS GRACE
    STONE SOUR
    SEETHER
    BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
    THEORY OF A DEADMAN
    ALTER BRIDGE
    HINDER
    SKILLET
    SAVING ABEL
    HALESTORM
    BLACK STONE CHERRY
    MY DARKEST DAYS
    CAVO
    REV THEORY
    POP EVIL
    ART OF DYING

The festival will feature two main stages for the biggest acts in rock today, both sponsored by Monster Energy.

If I'm done finals by this time...I may take a drive down to this. *Needs to see Seether*
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    On February 9, Australian music journalist and rock guitar player Joe Matera (web site) conducted an interview with NEW YORK DOLLS guitarist Sylvain Sylvain. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Joe Matera: Former BLONDIE guitarist Frank Infante recently came onboard as the NEW YORK DOLLS' new guitarist and appears on the new album.

Sylvain: Yes, Frank and I are buddies and we go way back to New York City even before he was in BLONDIE. Over the years, we would hook up and jam together at live shows and even made some records together. We did that Johnny Thunders tribute record together and he's been on my "Sleep Baby Doll" album in the late 1990s.

Joe Matera: What is the status with Steve and Sami then?

Sylvain: We wanted Steve Conte and Sami Yaffa to continue with us on this new record, but they declined as probably it was due to the fact that the last year that we [NEW YORK DOLLS] played together, it wasn't a financially rewarding one. And because of this, they were looking for other gigs and things. And so by the time we came to start this new record, they had committed themselves to doing the Michael Monroe project.

Joe Matera: So will Frank be touring with the DOLLS as well?

Sylvain: Unfortunately, Frank won't be joining us for our upcoming tours basically because he wants to make some of his own records as he has had some good offers and so wants to pursue those. And we're about to go on the road for 40 nights with MÖTLEY CRÜE this coming June-July in the States, and that's a lot of work and so he chose not to be there. But we made some calls and now we finally have got Earl Slick playing guitar. So Earl's going to be joining us for the upcoming tour. He's the newest member of the NEW YORK DOLLS, if I can put that right now.

So New York Dolls is on Cruefest....never heard of them. Probably will play where Charm City Devils played in 2009.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    NEW YORK dolls on Cruefest...meh
    So New York Dolls is on Cruefest....never heard of them. Probably will play where Charm City Devils played in 2009.
    Huh? They were like the pioneers of glam. Been around forever. David Johansen.
    edited February 2011
    They're not big enough to take the slot of a Godsmack or Theory of a Deadman....I'm just speculating.
    edited February 2011

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
    GODSMACK
    THREE DAYS GRACE
    STONE SOUR
    SEETHER
    BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
    THEORY OF A DEADMAN
    ALTER BRIDGE
    HINDER
    SKILLET
    SAVING ABEL
    HALESTORM
    BLACK STONE CHERRY
    MY DARKEST DAYS
    CAVO
    REV THEORY
    POP EVIL
    ART OF DYING

If I'm done finals by this time...I may take a drive down to this. *Needs to see Seether*
    Its very likely that Judy will want to go to this so if you did drive down, we would probably meet
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

AVENGED SEVENFOLD
    GODSMACK
    THREE DAYS GRACE
    STONE SOUR
    SEETHER
    BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE
    THEORY OF A DEADMAN
    ALTER BRIDGE
    HINDER
    SKILLET
    SAVING ABEL
    HALESTORM
    BLACK STONE CHERRY
    MY DARKEST DAYS
    CAVO
    REV THEORY
    POP EVIL
    ART OF DYING

Its very likely that Judy will want to go to this so if you did drive down, we would probably meet
    Sounds good. This lineup is mainstream enough I can probably convince a few of my friends to go too...as long as they don't have finals.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
This discussion has been closed.