Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Isn't there a band missing? Like Motley Crue?
    imageimage
    Well..should have been a little more specific sir
    imageimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well..should have been a little more specific sir
    COME AT ME SIS
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Here's how I see it. If Ozzfest got their shit together they would have already been inviting bands. Which ones is a mystery and if that's the case, they'll probably announce earlier and have more tour dates. This would def be the smart way to compete with stupid mayhem
    imageimage
    Just to kick Gayhem's ass they should sell tickets to 2012 Ozzfest at 2011 Ozzfest.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Mayhem has more money, more sponsors, more momentum and a WAY better reputation for how they treat bands and run their festival. There is in fact no chance that ozzfest can pull and upset and trump them head to head. I believe this is exactly why ozzfest only had six dates last year when it could have easily been a full tour
    edited December 2010
    Behind the scenes isn't what we're discussing here, we all know that they supposedly treat the bands like shit.

The fact is that Ozzfest started as a metal festival and has stayed a metal festival. Are there some hard rock bands on the lineup? Yes. But they do not dominate the lineup.
    I think a little differently. Mainly because they waited too long. And sure Ozzfest doesn't treat bands the greatest, this is well known. But to say Ozzfest has a worse rep then mayhem is stupid. Mayhem hasn't even been around long enough to establish a good or bad rep. Lyman knows how to run a tour but Ozzfest had had the better lineups no matter how you look at it. Ozzfest had a shit load of sponsors until they didn't tour for a year and Mayhem popped up. If they didst have an off year they would have had a better touring year this year
    imageimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Mayhem 09 was great though....
    As far as consistently good bands goes, ozzfest wins. As far as management, ozzfest manages a tour about as well as my bosses manage everyone where I work. In other words, they suck to no end
    3 years is indeed long enough to establish a reputation
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Ozzfest 01 and 05>Anything Mayhem will ever put on.
    I love winning with women
    09 was a good lineup, but Ozzfest has had at least 4 better lineups then that. I loved going to Ozzfest...Imo Mayhem is a little bit toned down in atmosphere
    imageimage
    3 years is indeed long enough to establish a reputation
    I think 5 years is needed. We don't even know if they're going to go full mainstream yet or not. We still have to wait and see, therefore not enough time
    imageimage
    Its obvious at this point that Mayhem is an exceptionally thought out, well run and marketed festival. that's the point i was making, i doubt that's going to change any in the next 2 year
    09 was a good lineup, but Ozzfest has had at least 4 better lineups then that. I loved going to Ozzfest...Imo Mayhem is a little bit toned down in atmosphere
    I know I'm not exactly in a position to say this in criticism, but Mayhem has a much younger targeted audience.
    I know I'm not exactly in a position to say this in criticism, but Mayhem has a much younger targeted audience.
    Yes, I would say so. I never seen so many young people at a metal/hard rock festival in my life. And most were either under 10 with their parents or scenie teen bitches that thought they were the shit
    imageimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    It's fairly obvious that they are different festivals. Saying Mayhem is selling out into a mainstream crowd is retarded seeing as their first lineup was headlined by Slipknot and Disturbed. Either you like it or you don't, why bother comparing?
    image Photobucket
    Because it sparks conversation. Plus for some reason I automatically compare things to other things.
    imageimage
    It's fairly obvious that they are different festivals. Saying Mayhem is selling out into a mainstream crowd is retarded seeing as their first lineup was headlined by Slipknot and Disturbed. Either you like it or you don't, why bother comparing?
    I'm not saying they sold out, I'm saying that they are moving in a more mainstream direction. The first lineup did have some big names, but a lot of the bands on the side stages weren't.

People are saying it's better than Ozzfest and that's where the discussion comes in.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I guess I can't argue that. I just don' really see the point when people go a rah rah metal rah ozzfest rah more rah boners rah rah
    image Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.