Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Mayhem vs ozzfest

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Saviors is the worst band I have EVER had the displeasure to see live. "

I was actually just about to say good for them for getting on this tour, I think they deserve every bit of success they get.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    kataklysm > both lineups

but mayhem still wins against ozzfest
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    Starring Ben Affleck??

"omg, all dose metuhl bands. I have to do sumthing"
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Mayhem kills shitty ozzfest. goatwhore and bls wasnt worth a three year wait......
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    WHAT? how can ANYONE compare Rob Fucking Halford to Nergal? really are you people huffing gasoline or something. i wouldnt even say i like halford or preist more then behemoth but there isnt even a comparison. rob halford had done more for metal the behemoth can even fathom.
    btw...turbolover is the gayist song ever and it doesnt take away from halfords cred!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    "I was actually just about to say good for them for getting on this tour, I think they deserve every bit of success they get."

I was excited to see them open up for Iced Earth a while back...liked what I heard on youtube....then they just blew chunks. We booed them off stage. Into Eternity should have gone on after Saviors, not the other way around.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    "kataklysm > both lineups

but mayhem still wins against ozzfest"

That's because as time goes on, I realize slowly that you listen to some bad music.

"WHAT? how can ANYONE compare Rob Fucking Halford to Nergal? really are you people huffing gasoline or something. i wouldnt even say i like halford or preist more then behemoth but there isnt even a comparison. rob halford had done more for metal the behemoth can even fathom.
    btw...turbolover is the gayist song ever and it doesnt take away from halfords cred!"

Yes. We are. Halford and Priest have done quite a bit for metal, they were one of the first real metal bands. However, genres aren't always defined by their founders, they're usually defined by the best. Granted, sometimes *Ironmaidencough* the founder is better than the rest, but usually the ones that come later are better. Death, Metallica, Megadeth, Immortal, and so on. So I disagree, with some true innovation, Nergal's legacy can be as big if not bigger than Halford's.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    I think the Ozzfest lineup is pretty good and most of you know how I feel about Motley Crue.

I could swap out a few bands and make the perfect festival for myself. lol

Sadly Ozzfest put the fuck on its fans that were waiting for this to be announced by only doing 6 shows.

So because Ozzfest teased their fans yet again this year I'm going with MAYHEM as the best festival.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    Mayhem is actually long enough to be considered a tour.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    Ozzfest may have the better lineup but at least Mayhem's a full tour.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Ozzfest does NOT have the better lineup. Ozzy and Motley Crue are absolutely awful live. Maybe 15 years ago the 2 as coheadliners would have been awesome, but nowadays all I see is a singer who cant sing a full song without getting winded and a 60+ year old guy who is barely coherent. So what exactly on Ozzfest is so awesome?
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ozzfest is coming by me so I'm completely satisfied. Even if it wasn't though it would still be a better lineup imo.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Ozzfest blows this year except for a few bands
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    "So what exactly on Ozzfest is so awesome?"

Rob Halford, Devildriver, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore, & Kataklysm.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    There's more at mayhem that's interesting to me
    korn, zombie, log, hatebreed, chimaira, winds of plague
    vs.
    Ozzy, devildriver, goatwhore, skeletonwitch
    edited May 2010
    Ozzy >>>>>> Korn

Crue < Rob Zombie

Halford >>> Lamb of God

Devildriver >>>>>> FFDP (And I'm not big on DD)

BLS > WOP

Kingdom of Sorrow > Hatebreed

Goatwhore > In This Moment

Skeletonwitch >x1,000,000 Norma Jean

Kataklysm > Shadows Fall

Drowning Pool < 3IOB

Saviours > Chimaira

Nonpoint > Atreyu

Ozzfest : 10, Mayhem : 2
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    this is fail^^
    like majorly
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    I'm with him on most of those...
    "this is fail^^
    like majorly"

I agree. Who listens to good music anymore?
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    "Ozzfest is coming by me so I'm completely satisfied."

This. I'll be getting lawn tickets, and I expect to have an awesome time.