Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I got a Silver Surfer action figure years ago that came with a Howard the Duck figure

I was like "who the fuck is Howard the Duck?"
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Brian said:

I got a Silver Surfer action figure years ago that came with a Howard the Duck figure

I was like "who the fuck is Howard the Duck?"

Damn I just looked it up and the price has gone way up.......whatevs

I got it from Toys R Us for like 5-7 bucks
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Thats the most random 2 characters to pack together :))
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I thought the Punisher, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider and Hulk movies were atrocious. Same for all X-Men except for X2 and First Class. I've had to watch the Raimi Spider-Man movies recently and they don't hold up well either. After about 20 minutes, I wanted to throw that shitty Aunt May out a window.

Have you guys ever seen any interviews with Joel Schumacher where he discusses Batman & Robin? The studio picked out the characters for the movie based on what toys they wanted to sell and already had multiple costume designs and shit to make as much money peripherally. Then they just dumped all that shit on the creative talent and were like "Here, go make a movie with this shit!" Same thing happened to Sam Raimi with SM3. He wanted nothing to do with Venom and it showed easily. Both movies killed their franchises, but it barely phased their studios because they quickly rebooted. Some characters are already on their 3rd reboot. There have been 3 different Punishers in the 3 different movies. I hate Hollywood for shit like that. I wish that every comic franchise would be treated with respect like what happened with Batman.

Anyone read 'The Preacher'? They were supposed to have an HBO show in development for it, but I haven't heard anything about it in years.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Just watched gangster squad. I liked it.

Now im watching dark knight rises for the first time since theaters
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Can we just change the thread from movies to grown ass men talking about capes
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Why so sensitive nola?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i watched this swedish(?) movie a little while ago called 'Frostbiten' (aka Frostbite). meh. i think some people who liked Dead Snow will like it. the first talking dog through me for a loop and made me LOL. pretty cool effects in that movie too.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,714 spicy boy
    We need a Marvel/DC team up: Manthing vs Swampthing movie
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    SATAN said:

I thought the Punisher, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider and Hulk movies were atrocious. Same for all X-Men except for X2 and First Class. I've had to watch the Raimi Spider-Man movies recently and they don't hold up well either. After about 20 minutes, I wanted to throw that shitty Aunt May out a window.

I think I may like those movies just because I grew up with them, but still. Idk. Even elementary school me knew that Hulk (2003) sucked dick

I still think The Incredible Hulk was and is better than all of the Iron Man movies. #overrated
    Hulk was such a disappointment on so many levels. You'd figure that having an Academy Award winning director with that cast it'd be at least a 7 and instead we got a 3.

I liked the first Iron Man until the final fight. I can barely remember the second.

I wasn't a fan of Incredible Hulk
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I was a fan of the first Punisher. But it might be my fanboy showing. I just think Thomas Jane is a good fit for the character. I'm not gonna lie I geeked out when I saw the Punisher short film Jane did last year.
    I liked all of the X-Men movies too. 2 was obviously the best, but 1 was entertaining. I liked 3 but ehh.....I could do without it. Wasn't a fan of the Dark Phoenix story but the Magneto part was cool
    the first punisher had promise, but i didn't like how they changed him from a street cop to a pretty boy undercover guy. punisher should be more 'taxi driver' than 'donnie brasco', imo. it was kinda disjointed as well. i know the comics they pulled from and i kinda feel like trying to go from standard fare to a garth ennis story in the span of 100 minutes is a recipe for disaster. it didn't help that it came out at the same time as 'hellboy' to make it look bad

the x-men and spider-man series both seemed good at first sight, but they haven't held up particularly well. especially spider-man. the last third of the first x-men particularly has some terrible dialogue. x3 is horrible to me. it gave me a headache. first class was aces though. i can't wait for the sequel
    [WTF] Original 1979 MEDIA ‘Halloween’ VHS Sells For Whopping $13,000 On Ebay!

With bidding ending on May 31, someone paid a shocking $13,220 (plus a bizarre $3.77 shipping!) for an original MEDIA copy of John Carpenter’s Halloween on VHS. I guess it is pretty cool to own Michael Myers’ first appearance in the format. I wonder what BETA goes for?

The original Halloween was released several times with the first incarnation being in 1979 (as seen above). Media Home Entertainment, which released various copies of the classic slasher, also referenced the film as HalloweeN (note the capital “N”).

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3235929/wtf-original-1979-media-halloween-vhs-sells-for-whopping-13000-on-ebay/

@-) @-) @-)
    i hope one of you has one of these. VHS tapes are collectible?
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    It's prolly more important how many of those things exist and what's on it. Some old formats have weird cuts of the movie that were exclusive. There were actually extra scenes shot for (I think) 'Halloween' exclusive to the tv version that helped segue it to the sequel. For years, it was really hard to find a recording of it to the point where they sold shitty dubs at conventions for $30 a pop
    oh i see. still, thats pretty crazy. it almost makes me wanna go through my old VHS tapes but im sure i have nothing of value
    Only movie I would ever pay a big amount of money for memorabilia of is 'Eraserhead'
    i don't think i would pay big money for any memorabilia. i like my stuff like i like my women............................i have no stuff :-<