Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,664 master of ceremonies
    Most of America it seems :-?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Lol at people actually going to see fast 6 dear heavenly god...
    Guardians Of The Galaxy movie is shaping up to be awesome \m/

Loving the casting so far and the Norva Corps are going to be in it as well. Shit is going to be crazy ^:)^
    Yeah. They got the director of 'Super' to make it. It's weird how Marvel has managed to turn some of their more obscure properties into successful films, while some of their heavy hitters flounder. I can't help but think that expectations and comic canon are a hindrance when it comes to translating these stories to the big screen. Even Iron Man has toiled in so much obscurity for most of the last 30 years in the comics that the movie was a surprise hit
    That's the one thing that shocked me about Iron Man. He's been known the be the "B" level character of their universe and no one really gave a shit about him at all or was mentioned as a favorite character. Movie comes out and BAM! Iron Man is now a house hold name and the face of Marvel now.

Saw that Glenn Close is in the movie as the leader of the Nova Corps :O Did not expect her in this kind of movie lol.

Also I love that Marvel is taking a big time gamble on this type of movie. It's practically nothing but space. It really will be the first of it's kind when it drops next year.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

I can't help but think that expectations and comic canon are a hindrance when it comes to translating these stories to the big screen

My friends and I had a conversation about this. You're right on the money. Sometimes cannon is a bigger roadblock than an asset. And it sucks for a director/writer because you have two different crowds to appeal to: the casual moviegoer and the diehard comic fan. More often than not one of those groups is left unsatisfied.

SATAN said:

I can't help but think that expectations and comic canon are a hindrance when it comes to translating these stories to the big screen

More often than not one of those groups is left unsatisfied.
    Iron Man 3 X(
    Also, i feel bad for DC. They want a Justice League movie so bad but its gonna be so hard to establish the universe and individual movies. They would have to reboot Batman AND Green Lantern, and then make either a Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie, both of which arent very good properties.

Marvel made it look so effortless :))
    Yeah :))

They should just stick to a Superman/Batman movie instead. That movie will be much easier to make and those two are already established pretty good. I don't think anyone really cares for a JL movie at this point lol.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DC should avoid the "PACKED FULLA HEROES" movies in general, because they'll just be in Marvel's shadow if they do so
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Did anyone else like the first Fantastic Four movie? Second was awful but I enjoyed the first
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I really liked the first one as well.

I like the choice of that black kid from Chronicle playing Johnny Storm. He's got the personality and style to play him.
    I never saw Chronicle

Also what? When is there going to be a black Johnny Storm??? and WHY???????

I know he's on fire so he's bound to get burned but NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!
    As long as these faggots stop casting the same actor as 2 different heroes. That bugs the shit out of me. Like there is no other actor that fits Captain America other than the guy who also happened to play The Human Torch? Fuck off
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    idk if its been posted here because i never come in here but Grumpy Cat is getting a movie
    imageimage
    Brian said:

I never saw Chronicle

Also what? When is there going to be a black Johnny Storm??? and WHY???????

I know he's on fire so he's bound to get burned but NOT LIKE THIS!!!!!!

You need to see Chronicle. Very good movie and was really great way of being a superhero movie.

They are going the adoption route with that one :))

Sue is going to be white and Johnny black. It's funny.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    so by the dislikes i guess it has been posted? :-??
    imageimage