Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i read the first couple chapters on christopher columbus and woodrow wilson today... btw tldr theyre douchebagz
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,723 mod

such as?

The most common American history topics: Columbus, Native Americans, The Civil War/Abraham Lincoln, etc.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    bianca would hate knowledge...go back to ur tween fairy tale books
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    id rather read about world history instead of american and for the record, the book a read before this series was 'Chariots of the Gods'
    i dont like knowledge? ok
    imageimage
    admitting it is the first step
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip

I didn't know that coming over here and wiping out the Native Americans was good morals and integrity...and that's just a start

ahh but they didnt wipe them all out, they gave lots of them special rights and privileges and now the native americans want more. but you know what, had it been the romans who had discovered this part of the world their would be no native americans today. so every time they go to a government (mine or yours) looking for anther hand out, i think to myself that their just fucking lucky they didnt get wiped out
    ^^that all being said, i do have ojibwe blood in me
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies

I didn't know that coming over here and wiping out the Native Americans was good morals and integrity...and that's just a start

ahh but they didnt wipe them all out, they gave lots of them special rights and privileges and now the native americans want more. but you know what, had it been the romans who had discovered this part of the world their would be no native americans today. so every time they go to a government (mine or yours) looking for anther hand out, i think to myself that their just fucking lucky they didnt get wiped out
    It was close enough to a wipe out. I don't even know how many are left or where they are
    I'm part cherokee and catabwa btw
    imageimage
    we royally fukked up the indians.. it may not have been roman brutality but it was pretty damn close... and i dont think this is what daniels was really even talking about in that clip lol
    no its not what he was talking about, but i do agree with what he said there. as a Canadian i will admit there was a time when the U.S.A. was the greatest nation on earth
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah, we kick ass!
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    look at what the Spanish did to the Aztec and Incas and the natives to south america and compare that with what the settlers of North America did to the natives here.
    i stand by my statement that the North American Indians go off fairly easy when you compare the conquering of their land to any other historical conquering of land.
    edited July 2012
    im not a history buff by any means but there's a couple things that i do know about where the US got full credit for certain things but we got a lot of help from foreign scientists. like the space race. we paid russian scientists or german scientists (can't remember which one) to come work for us so we could win. and Einstein was a german and came here to show us what the germans were working on (an A Bomb) but he didn't want the germans to win WW2 or something like that so he came here and showed us how to do it. so to give us FULL credit with those things isn't accurate.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    well after WW2 the Allies rounded up all the German scientists, and the Americans brought them back to the usa and let them work for the americans rather then arrest them on war crimes. Wernher von Braun was probably the most notable and most of the rocket technology we use today was developed by Von Braun during WW2
    oh i see. i was partially right lol
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker

well after WW2 the Allies rounded up all the German scientists, and the Americans brought them back to the usa and let them work for the americans rather then arrest them on war crimes. Wernher von Braun was probably the most notable and most of the rocket technology we use today was developed by Von Braun during WW2

October sky
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    nah October Sky is about Homer Hickam Jr, he came after Von Braun