Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Movies Thread*** (NSFW)

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    Just watched the teaser for "The Dark Knight Rises". Looks awesome!
    damn, it's been taken down
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,032 master of ceremonies
    I'm probably the only one that isn't remotely interested in The Dark Knight Rises.
    probably
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    I'm probably the only one that isn't remotely interested in The Dark Knight Rises.
    probably
    im with ya dood I COULD CARE LESS

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    This is how I feel about Harry potter
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Looks like Diablo Cody of Juno and Jennifer's Body fame is writing the script for the Evil Dead remake
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Looks like Diablo Cody of Juno and Jennifer's Body fame is writing the script for the Evil Dead remake
    I refuse to acknowledge that this is even happening
    imageimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Just finished watching this movie I taped on TV the other night
    It was called The Wrong Man (or Lucky Number Slevin).
    Fucking awesome movie.
    It reminded me a lot of Usual Suspects and Seven.
    Fantastic thriller with a twist
    Watch it now!
    Do it!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fucking awesome movie.
    Watch it now!
    Do it!
    What do you mean by watching a movie you "taped"? What is this taped business you speak of? Must be some weird new Zealand thing....
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Fucking awesome movie.
    Watch it now!
    Do it!

Lucky Number Slevin is a great movie
    this is apparently an image of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises
    Photobucket

for those that dont know Bane is suppose to be one of the most intelligent villains batman has ever faced and in The Dark Knight Rises he wont be a mindless brute like he was in those shitty early 90's batman movies
    edited July 2011
    this is apparently an image of Bane from The Dark Knight Rises

for those that dont know Bane is suppose to be one of the most intelligent villains batman has ever faced and in The Dark Knight Rises he wont be a mindless brute like he was in those shitty early 90's batman movies
    How do you figure? I actually own batman #497 where he first made his appearance, and I have all the issues associated with him breaking the batman's back + the azrael spin off where he took over for the batman when he was broken. I've sense stopped following comics, but that that point in time Bane was a mindless brute. He was not portrayed originally as being all that intelligent.

i know its from wiki but its his story line:
    Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul says that Bane "has a mind equal to the greatest he has known."[7] In prison, he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields.[4] He knows six active languages and at least two additional arcane and dead ones. Among these are Spanish, English, Urdu, Persian, and Latin.[7] The Bane of the Demon storyline reveals that he has a photographic memory. Within one year, he is able to deduce Batman's secret identity.[7]
    Although extremely dangerous at all times, Bane is perfectly sane and in control of his mind and actions—a trait that separates him from many of Batman's enemies. While he generally acts as a villain, Bane has worked alongside Batman at times and developed a great respect for the Dark Knight. He is also one of the few villains of Batman to have learned his true identity. He is also resistant to telepathy as he can think of something so quickly and so intensely that even the Martian Manhunter cannot read what is in his mind.[citation needed]
    He is also highly devious and a superb strategist and tactician.[4] In prison, Bane also invented his own form of calisthenics, meditation, and a unique fighting style.[7] Usage of Venom enhances his physical abilities, including his strength, and healing process to superhuman levels.[5][32][33] Although Bane had sworn off using Venom in Vengeance of Bane II in 1995, and his character is actually written as having kept that promise to himself, it is still not uncommon for artists to draw Bane as still wearing the tube leading from his old wrist device to the back of his head. This is likely due to the illustrators only being familiar with that early version of Bane's visual appearance. Writer Gail Simone explained these lapses in the continuity of Bane's appearance in an issue of Secret Six, in which Deadshot remarked that Bane merely kept his old Venom equipment with him out of habit, even though he states that he would sooner die before using any of it again
    hmmmm... read the whole wiki. maybe I dont remember how he was first introduced correctly. but it does seem that they made him more intelligent through the years. interesting. I wonder if next year would be a good time to see my bane books :) probably no better time when the hype of batman hits.
    i have over 1000 batman comics downloaded on my computer at home, i might look into the bane story lines and see when it was they came up with the intelligence background
    you should read #497 and the ones associated with that series line. Also, the Sword of Azrael (i think that is what it is called) is almost a 4 issue intro to that story line.
    i have over 1000 batman comics downloaded on my computer at home, i might look into the bane story lines and see when it was they came up with the intelligence background
    where'd you download that from anyways? what's the format?