Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Joey Jordison Confirms New Album (article and link added)

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Pantera changed with every album, rex. They kept promising that each successive album would be heavier than the last and they delivered every time. LOL

Rich is a relative term too, Rex. I've always thought that there was no such thing as being too rich.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,598 spicy boy
    my point is that pantera never sold out and did things they didn't want to do for a trend or for more money, slipknot did, you could tell some of the members weren't happy with AHIG....and that thought about no such thing as being to rich is just greedy....as long as i can have money to pay my bills and do pretty much any thing i want (which is pretty much drink smoke pot and travel and go to shows) than i am happy
    You need to be rich for that, rex. Beleive me I've been trying that philosophy of yours for years. Just be greedy and get the loot.
    I hate the phrase "sold out" too. I think all the 'knot did was broaden their fanbase and that makes the original group of fans upset because it's not as exclusive to like their band as it once was.
    i dont care if they want to get more fans, you dont have to turn into pussies to do that, there live show has even suffered they are not nearly as bad ass as they were in the late 90's early 2000's, yeah there getting old, but corey just isnt as exciting live
    Could be that your tastes are just eveloving while the band isn't moving the same direction.
    I'm not in the group that beleives any band owes me anything. If I like it, I'll buy it. If I don't.....Everybody looks at the whole "selling out" thing differently. I understand what you're saying I just don't think of it the same way.
    yeah i see what you mean, and i like evolving, just as long as the evolving doesn't suck....just look at the snuff video of cory dressing up like a chick and tell me thats not gay....it just isn't slipknot, granted im not that into them anymore but will always go to see them live like eric said
    Yeah I wasn't thrilled with that video either. I think it was one of them attempting to be artsy fartsy. I can live without that. It's still Slipknot, just not what we immediately think of when we hear their name.
    Sometimes a band can evelove themselve right off of my playlist, other times I evlove them off. Works the same in reverse too. I'm always open to listen to new shit from any genre with the exception of rap/pop/dance. My collection at home runs from Blues, Classical, Metal, Country, etc. I like to try new shit. didn't used to be like that and I probably missed out on alot.
    yeah i listen to pretty much any thing except rap (some eminem and doggystyle tho) and country....mainstays are BLS LOG sublime pantera.....but lately its been alot of jimi hendrix and oldies
    Mine changes every day.....today I am jamming Down here in the old corporate headquarters........right now everybody here is listening to "Stone The Crow". LOL The CEO says he likes it but he can't understand most of it. I just laugh at him. He's cool though. Gives me time off for shows as long as he knows in advance.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I'm not crazy about their choices of singles from AHIG, but I thought it was better than Volume 3, which was good in itself but all over the place. Iowa will always be their peak, but I'm still looking forward to this....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Slipknot/Iowa>Vol. 3/AHIG
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    AHIG is fucking stone sour not slipknot
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2010

DAWN IS LISTENING TO STONE SOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited April 2010
    So? Stone Sour is a good band.

"AHIG is fucking stone sour not slipknot"

Not really. You can tell the difference.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,663 master of ceremonies
    she says she no likey the sour. i caught her in the act. just like how she says she no care about the Pens and she is over here watching games and going crazy :P
    psychosocial!!!
    psychosocial!!!
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'll watch the next Spurs game and make them lose...you can count on that.
    imageimage
    How'd she like the triple overtime game last night? :P
    the spurts are gonna lose anyway