Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

What are you reading right now?

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i am reading the 'what are you reading now?' thread right now..
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Why?
    There's nothing profound in here.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    becuase the thread asks what are you reading now and thats what i was reading *-:)
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    anyone know of a good download site for epubs?
    Did you not get the one I sent you? :-? I sent it last night to the email you gave me.....

epub's are kinda a hard thing to come by. My guess is most people who pirate don't read. :-))

Anyways... so if I am looking for onesie-twosie books, I usually have the best luck at demonoid.me and I can get you membership there if you want it. But you gotta freaking use it if I hook you up. The absolute best place I got most of my fiction epub's was blackcat-gamer if you can believe that. blackcats is a game site that has every single game ever, but it is super elite and you wouldnt want in there because I downloaded their one book torrent and could send you books from it. It was sweet though... about 100 dope fiction books in perfect format that I had on my list. The absolute best site for getting electronic books is BitME.org. That site is a whole site devoted to ebooks, but the problem is the users arent big on any one format. So there are a lot of PDF's, that will sometimes convert perfectly to epub via calibre.... but other times it looks like shit. Basically... very hit or miss. I can't get you in there either... it is too elite.

Finished reading the book like 20 min ago.
    Time to hunt for the next one.
    read "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". It won a Nebula award.
    edited June 2011
    ***IMPORTANT***

It has come to my attention that some of you have e-readers, but don't know about Calibre. Calibre is a free open source under the GPL e-book management program. It is basically itunes for books, and it is quite simply dope. If you have an E-reader (all are compatible), you must get this program

http://calibre-ebook.com/

you're welcome.

I'm thinking about rereading "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" again after my current book.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    ive been searching for the third Percy Jackson book and i cant find it :(
    imageimage
    edited June 2011
    ive been searching for the third Percy Jackson book and i cant find it :(
    demonoid has the whole series in epub.

do you know about torrents? did you want to get into that if not? I can give you tips that will make it so you are never caught.
    how big is the risk? :-?
    imageimage
    Very very small. so the first thing you can do to mitigate your risk is joining a private site that tries and prevent people trying to catch pirates. Downloading from a place like demonoid is ten times safer then downloading from so place like thepiratebay. Downloading from even more elite sites takes those odds down to none.

Secondly and more importantly, if you are downloading non popular stuff then you have no chance of being caught. They can't watch every torrent and such... so what they do is hit the really heavy hitters. New movies, New popular albums (like gaga, justin bieber, etc). If you use it to download books, you have no chance at getting in trouble. There isnt a lot of that going on and so there is no point going after people like that.

The third thing you can do is install peerblock along with your torrent client. peerblock tries to block riaa/mpaa/etc... but if you are just going to grab books, then dont worry about this.

finally you can limit your upload rate to nothing. The community considers this a really shitty thing to do, but it limits your chances of getting caught because your upload pipe is so small it is hard for people to connect to you.
    how big is the risk? :-?
    I've been doing this for years, and have never received a letter telling me to stop. But I am also really careful... I don't download really popular shit on really insecure sites. If you just stick to ebooks on demonoid, then you have no chance of getting caught. when you get the hang of that and want better sites then I can see what I could do at getting you in
    What OS are you running if you want an invite?
    i just went to the homepage and it fucked up my computer a bit
    kinda sketchy
    lemme think about it
    imageimage
    kinda sketchy
    lemme think about it
    The homepage is actually www.demonoid.me (not .com/net/etc). There isnt anything sketchy about it, I've been a member there for since August 2007. I've never once received a virus from there, and never once received a letter from anything I downloaded...

NOTE - I don't ever download software, and only think I really use demonoid for is e-book and somtimes movies. (I downloaded every disney movie ever made from there a month ago)
    hmmmmmm alright
    imageimage
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    ***IMPORTANT***

It has come to my attention that some of you have e-readers, but don't know about Calibre. Calibre is a free open source under the GPL e-book management program. It is basically itunes for books, and it is quite simply dope. If you have an E-reader (all are compatible), you must get this program

http://calibre-ebook.com/

you're welcome.

:X
    \m/ dope program huh?
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner
    \m/ dope program huh?
    BEST THING EVER

I WAS SO PISSED AFTER DLING A SHIT TON OF BOOKS ONLY TO FIND THAT THEY DID NOT WORK WITH MY KINDLE :L

THEN I GOT CALIBRE

AND ALL WAS GOOD :-D
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    kinda sketchy
    lemme think about it
    The homepage is actually www.demonoid.me (not .com/net/etc). There isnt anything sketchy about it, I've been a member there for since August 2007. I've never once received a virus from there, and never once received a letter from anything I downloaded...

NOTE - I don't ever download software, and only think I really use demonoid for is e-book and somtimes movies. (I downloaded every disney movie ever made from there a month ago)
    yeah there is nothing to worry about with demonoid iv been a member for a good 3 years