Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Lord of the Rings Amazon TV

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
One thread to rule them all lol. 

Pass the god damn butter.

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Tolkien scholar Tom Shippey, who is supervising the show’s development, told German fansite Deutsche Tolkienthat the estate has refused to allow the series to be set during any period other than the Second Age of Middle-earth. This means Amazon’s adaptation will not cross over at all with events from the Third Age, which were dramatised in Peter Jackson’s Oscar-winning trilogy in which the hobbit Frodo Baggins journeys to destroy the One Ring.
    The series is authorized by the estate. 
    They said what can and cant be used. 
    It has to strictly stick to canon
    It’s got a Billion dollar budget

Not sure I see the problem here. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

See: Star Wars Sequels, Jurassic World, The Hobbit Trilogy, DCEU

SW sequels had no existing plan. Hobbit movies had there own production issues, switching directors right before shooting heat. DCEU has no plan and cooperate suits can’t get out of the way of the people the hire to make their product. (Can’t speak to JW, haven’t kept up)

LOTR tv shows no signs of any of that. All signs are looking great so far. They have the existing story framework, have been doing the pre production for years now, and went all in on the budget. The studio has committed to the product. They looked at GOT at its peak and said we can do better. They didn’t pick A fantasy world, they picked THE fantasy world.  They are banking on this to be the flag ship show of their streaming service. 

Then they also bought The a wheel of Time lol. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy

LOTR tv shows no signs of any of that. All signs are looking great so far. They have the existing story framework, have been doing the pre production for years now, and went all in on the budget. The studio has committed to the product. They looked at GOT at its peak and said we can do better. They didn’t pick A fantasy world, they picked THE fantasy world.  They are banking on this to be the flag ship show of their streaming service. 

Dude, they've been working on this for over 3 years and havent been able to finish the pilot episode. They've rehired numerous members of the team, and are hiring fucking Bad Robot now because they couldnt get their shit together

Bad Robot kills everything they touch. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Also, you dont know Tolkien fans if you think this show is going to do well. 

NONE of the Tolkien fanbase are happy about this show. Nobody wants nudity and sex. Nobody wants anything that Tolkien didnt give his blessing to. Many people are scared they're going to try altering lore elements, they've already confirmed Sauron. 

I hope this flops hard. Enough is enough with these assholes ruining, and altering established properties. 
    edited December 2020
    All this show is, is a bunch of people who werent confident enough to make their own fantasy show, so they slapped LOTR on it to try and get more views. I dont trust them not to fuck this up. No more hype. I'd rather be surprised if it's miraculously good, than delivered another crushing disappointment. 
    “They are making a show based on things I like. I hope it sucks.” -MC

Hold on. I have to go find my Pikachu face. 
    “They are making a show based on things I like. I hope it sucks.” -MC

Hold on. I have to go find my Pikachu face. 
    Just because its "more of thing" doesnt mean it will be good. Jesus you are the worst type of casual ass fan

Demand better. 

These fucking execs keep buying up licensing rights to make new things because they have built in fan bases. They dont care about making good content and telling good stories, they're hoping to make a quick buck off an established fanbase. Only they end up dividing the fanbase and isolating the diehards because the new content is dog shit, but they gain a new breed of casual consoomer who doesnt care about lore and story and integrity. Its a win win for the companies. But sucks as a fan. 
    “I’m a die hard, you’re a casual”

lmao 

Pull your head out of your own ass. 
    edited December 2020
    You always seem to have this perspective that you’re the only true fan of anything. It’s fucking amazing. Cuz I’m pretty sure we watched the same cartoons and movies, and I lve been at these books and comics since before you were born, but ya. You’re the only real one. 

🤡 
    Yea, but you're the one ok with mediocrity
    "It doesnt matter if it sucks, ruins old lore and world building, has nothing to do with the creators vision, and has divided and isolated fans. Its more of the thing!"
    - Jobe 
    Fuck you Jay. Don’t just drop a lol and bounce. Chime in here for once. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    This is all news to me lol. I had no clue this was a thing until today. I'm sure I'll check it out. I'll leave the sparring with MC to you though.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Tits > no tits 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    "It doesnt matter if it sucks, ruins old lore and world building, has nothing to do with the creators vision, and has divided and isolated fans. Its more of the thing!"
    - Jobe 
    MC may be the little homie but you aint shit is what he's saying