Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Bitcoin Thread

Comments

• Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Some times I'll go on Twitter and look up $dnt, $oxt, $tel or any of the other cryptos I'm in just to see what other people are saying about them. Obviously don't put too much stock into what strangers say online but it helps to know what other people are thinking about certain cryptos. That's how I discover some of these cryptos that you're not gonna find on coinbase. 
    FLAT said:
    Wtf is a golden cross
    I don't fuckin know. Something about 2 lines on a graph crossing. I've heard it a bunch since I starting following Bitcoin but I'm not gonna pretend to know what it means.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Idk what that means lol
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Lol Im never going to get this. 
    I dont have the time or attention span to constantly follow crypto trends and forums. I dont know who or what to invest in until its too late. 

Get in and play the long game. It only seems like it’s too late if your trying to day trade. Crypto to has yet to hit anything near mainstream adoption. Build a position over time and as you get more used to things you can play more of the short game. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I dont have the time or attention span to constantly follow crypto trends and forums. I dont know who or what to invest in until its too late. 
    You dont need to. Set up a coinbase account, and set up a recurring withdraw for whatever you can afford (to lose) 25 bucks a month, 100 bucks a month, whatever. The majority of your money should be going into bitcoin and Ethereum because in my opinion they are the safest long term. They won't make you a millionaire but it'll make you some spending money. 

All the other shit we talk about in this thread is essentially gambling. You may double or triple your money or you may lose half. If we got really lucky and one of these coins worth pennies shot up into the 100s, we'd all be millionaires. But its like playing the lotto. Dont invest more into these coins than you can afford to lose. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    People bullish on btc think it can hit 100k in a year.  People bullish on Etherium  think it’s gonna shoot up like btc did in 2017. There is currently more money going into Etherium than BTC. For alt coins most  DeFi projects have been on a steady tear this year. Biggest thing is to just keep chipping in where you can. Day trading can have you watching charts and candles by the minute, but it’s important to zoom out once and awhile and look at the long term trends as well. It may not look like much on the way to day but today’s investments should look really juicy in 2024. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I think it will hit 100k towards the end of 2021, early 2022. That's what I've been hearing. 
    Just put 50 into ethereum 
    Just put my dnt into too. I wanna be on that wave if it happens lol
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    You dont need to. Set up a coinbase account, and set up a recurring withdraw for whatever you can afford (to lose) 25 bucks a month, 100 bucks a month, whatever. The majority of your money should be going into bitcoin and Ethereum because in my opinion they are the safest long term. They won't make you a millionaire but it'll make you some spending money. 

All the other shit we talk about in this thread is essentially gambling. You may double or triple your money or you may lose half. If we got really lucky and one of these coins worth pennies shot up into the 100s, we'd all be millionaires. But its like playing the lotto. Dont invest more into these coins than you can afford to lose. 
    I mean, I made a Gemini account (on advise from my friend who doesn't like Coinbase), for Bitcoin and Ethereum with the intent of putting like $100 into those a month. 

But I don't get how to invest in the short term shitcoins, and make it work my while. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Ah, i gotcha. Altcoins are hit or miss man. ALGO is up 68% this week. Aave is up 44% this week. Ox is up 140%

Its also a bull market right now so everything seems is winning big. When the bull market is over thats when you have to be more careful. 
    Everything rn 🚀🚀

Don't buy shit 

I mean, I made a Gemini account (on advise from my friend who doesn't like Coinbase), for Bitcoin and Ethereum with the intent of putting like $100 into those a month. 

But I don't get how to invest in the short term shitcoins, and make it work my while. 
    You could have invested in literally anything yesterday and you'd be in the green rn

Yeah my portfolio lookin nice

every crypto I've bought is way up besides Telcoin
    Jk TEL is up now too

Also bought some BTT a couple nights ago

Don't expect much of it but I'm killin it rn so I bought like 300k coins just in case

Buy Telcoin while it's under a penny
    Here’s me missing the boat 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Gemini doesnt sell Telcoin lol
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?