Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Worst

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nothing I've heard from Deftones stands out as even remotely remarkable to me. At least SOAD has riffs
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    White Pony is one if the 90's most overrated albums, and Passenger is one of the most overrated songs.
    inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Passanger>>>>>>> facefuck
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Really? First of all, it released in 2000. Automatically, you're telling me it's more overrated than Hybrid Theory/In The End. You're full of shit.
    Thought it was 99, my bad on that. I also said "one of", not most.  It's a solid album, but not monumental. 
    inb4lists
    Overrated =/= terrible 
    inb4lists
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I'm just confused why you guys insist on comparing the Deftones and SOAD.

It's like comparing dog shit that you accidentally stepped in and pizza.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    ... said:
    White Pony is one if the 90's most overrated albums, and Passenger is one of the most overrated songs.
    Bait
    Deftones are nowhere near SOAD's level.

SOAD - 6.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify.
    Deftones - 1.9 million 

It's a comparison of Headliners vs a mid tier band at best =)

Deftones have reached Drowning Pool heights, no more.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    They headline the same venues Lamb of God does....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Seriously if someone is bored link me 2-3 of Deftones absolute best songs. If there is any interesting back story to them, lyrical inspirations, etc let me know too.

It drives me fucking nuts that i just don't see what the big deal is about these guys. 
    edited August 2018
    They headline the same venues Lamb of God does....

Not sure what that has to do with anything but OK.

LOG hasn't even cracked one million monthly listeners yet. They're right up there with Nonpoint lol.
    Besides the fact that comparing Spotify listens for bands that have been around for a couple decades is flimsy at best, you said:

Deftones have reached Drowning Pool heights, no more.
    Which isn't true. Deftones/Lamb of God can't headline arenas and amphitheaters like SOAD does, but they headline the next level down, i.e. the big theaters and smaller amphitheaters, and play direct support for arena bands. Drowning Pool is a club band, just a bad comparison. That's all I meant.
    Yeah....Deftones usually headline the Hard Rock here, roughly 2k cap. Drowning Pool play the 350 cap bar venue 
    inb4lists
    edited August 2018
    You're basically saying the same shit as me.

Play back the tape...

Deftones are nowhere near SOAD's level.

Statement 1.

Statement 2.

Which isn't true. Deftones/Lamb of God can't headline arenas and amphitheaters like SOAD does (STATEMENT ONE), but they headline the next level down, i.e. the big theaters and smaller amphitheaters, and play direct support for arena bands. (STATEMENT TWO)

So you're saying that they aren't on the same level? That one plays arenas and that one doesn't?

Interesting.

edited August 2018
    I was disputing 1) that they're a mid-tier band, I consider bands just below arena headliner to be bigger than that but that's semantics, fine, and 2) that they're on the same level as Drowning Pool, which is objectively not true lol.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    fhag

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Maybe I used Drowning Pool as a bit of a troll example, but the numbers worked lol. Spotify cuts them the same check every month.

The worst part of this discussion is that now I'm imagining a Deftones "long vowels in whiny tones" version of Bodies =))

"Let the bahdiiiiieieeeeieeeeieees 
    HhhhhhhhiiiHhhhhhhhiiiiiit thaaaahhhh
     flllllooooooooorrrr"

It's not good.
    Really? You're gonna judge a band's status on Spotify listens. This ain't country music 
    edited August 2018
    Seriously if someone is bored link me 2-3 of Deftones absolute best songs. If there is any interesting back story to them, lyrical inspirations, etc let me know too.

It drives me fucking nuts that i just don't see what the big deal is about these guys. 
     Just to name three random ass great songs off the top of my head. Check out "My Own Summer (Shove It)" and "Diamond Eyes." Both very popular songs of theirs that both have fucking crushing ass heavy riffing. Look up "Minerva" for an awesome melodic/catchy tune. "Hole In The Earth" is one of my favorite songs but them if you like these three, check that one.