Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Posters and Artwork

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Still not interested in buying posters outside of shows I have been too 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    That’s what I do pretty much. Few exceptions. I got tired of growing out of my shirts 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    All my tour shirts get worn so they fade, shrink, get ripped etc. The posters seem to hold up better. Let's hope anyway lol.

Lots of people prefer to do posters only for shows they have been to and they stick to just those. Others may upgrade to AP (Artist Print) foils or other variants instead of their SE (show edition) posters. Some people want band signed only. Others hate the sigs on the art. Then some may dip a toe when they go to one show but the poster is part of a set so they get the other poster too. Eventually you may fall in love with a certain artists style. Some people are just band obsessed and want all they can get from that band only. Some people will say anything other than framing them up like the constitution is doing it wrong. I did one like that and it was $300 after being 70% off. Now I know better lol. Now most of my prints go in ~$20 frames I pick up on sale at Michael's. Art is on the wall, all spaced out nice an even, good enough for me. To each their own.

Some basic tips though...

Flatten them first if you can, humidity and UV rays are bad long term, use UV Plexiglas if fading is a concern (lots of direct sunlight) Glass is heavy and can stick to prints (especially foils) and can break if the frames fall off of the wall so most people prefer Plexiglas. I haven't upgraded any of my frames to UV or anti-glare Plexiglas yet, but I keep the blinds drawn and swap posters out a lot so I'm not too concerned about it myself. Maybe once I have all my frames up and in place I'll start to work on upgrading. Mats will help keep foils off of glass, not sure if they will stick to plexi but I threw my SOAD foil right in a frame without one and it looks great, good enough for me. I didn't want to have to use a frame larger than the other. Other people may cringe at the thought. I just want to enjoy the art, I'm not so concerned about the value long term. There are also acrylic spacers you can use to create a gap between the glass and the poster but I haven't used those yet. Other people hate them and say they damage the edge of the prints. It kinda all comes down to how much you value the prints you frame vs how much you want to spend preserving them. You can do the hobby as cheap or as expensive as you want to.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    No sunlight in my office where I keep everything so we are good there lol 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Purple Cincy >
    Purple Cincy is getting professionally framed with my ticket, picks, and photos 
    If those are the plastic poster frames that slide/clip on, I would avoid those in the future. Super easy to damage the edges of your prints in those, plus the bracket to hang those on isn't very secure. You can get much better frames at Michael's, you just have to wait for them to go on sale 65 - 70% off (they end up being around $16 to $20. I'll post next time they go on sale. (I'm hoping it's this weekend)

AP drop is tomorrow noon eastern.
    They are the clip in. I took my time to make sure I didn’t damage them 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    mrAPE said:

I hope you're leaving some space on that wall for the NZ one.....
    I do. I have more than one wall lol 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You seem like a one wall kinda guy
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You seem like a one wall kinda guy
    I'd say that's 1 out of 3 reasons to only buy posters for shows you went to, but the Soto foil kinda grew on me =))
    Copped a pixies poster. Had damage when she handed it to me so I asked for a different one and she looked at me like I was retarded. 
    Frames 70% off at Michael's today. Not sure how long the sale lasts for.
    Holy shit did I strike at the right time. Lol sorry for the buyer but whatever. Here you go Jobe 

https://jenbartel.shop/products/metallica-concert-poster
    I’d prefer the show edition.