Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Posters and Artwork

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Copped an Indy poster.

One of us! One of us! One of us!
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Copped a purple turtle.

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    At first glance I thought it was a Phish poster and I was gonna have a talking with you 
    inb4lists
    edited March 2019
    I'd have still bought it if it was. 
    I'd prefer it as an art print though.

>N.C. Winters 
    >Purple 

Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lol I’m praying for that poster gnomes sent you. I can almost see the damage in that tube. 
    It's only got 8,400+ miles to travel, what's the worst that can happen lol? The distance adds to the story. I'll be tempted to frame them up even if they get wrecked along the way. My OG Star Wars posters are in dog shit condition, but looks great framed up still. Sometimes the damage and distress adds something to the piece. The SW poster is 40+ years old and shows its age. It's seen some shit lol. 

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    NEEW said:
    Lol I’m praying for that poster gnomes sent you. I can almost see the damage in that tube. 

Dont be hatin bro.
    That tube is solid as fuck.
    The only thing is that the posters could move an inch or two inside the tube as the tube was longer than it needed to be.
    I shoulda packed some tissue or something inside the end of the tube to stop the posters moving back and forth. 
    Confident theyll be ok though 

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Put it in a cheap frame for now so it wasn’t sitting rolled up. Looks a lot better in this picture. 

You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Great use of foil on that. It looks way better than the show poster.
    Put this in a frame for now as well 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    mrAPE said:
    Put it in a cheap frame for now so it wasn’t sitting rolled up. Looks a lot better in this picture. 

Did you flatten it out first lol
    No I put it in the frame. I don’t have room to lay it out for a period of time 
    It’ll get wavy after time. 
    My Chicago tool print i didn’t flatten and you can see the waves. It’s not terrible but I’d change it if I could lol 
    You can always take them out and flatten them more if they curl up. Harder to do if it's been matted though. Cheap frames have benefits lol. 

Question though. 

I would assume the waves are caused by gravity since it wasn’t previously flattened out and it still naturally wants to roll. So I’m wonder if just leaving them in the frames and finding a spot to lay them down instead of sitting upright would take care of this flattening process 
    When the posters come out of the tubes, they have some curl to them (some will try to roll themselves  back up) The waves would be several small sections still curling, like trying to draw a straight line with pizza crusts lol. Not gravity but the paper trying to retain the rolled up shape. Curling  usually isn't too bad if the poster has been in the tubes just for shipping, they will flatten out right away. If they have been stored in tubes for a long time, it will be more likely to curl.

Hang it and enjoy. If you start to see waves down the road, you can take it out and flatten it. A couple of 24x36 foam core sheets and some binder clips and you can sandwich it and stick it under a bed for a few days.
    Thank you for the advice. 

I think i like this getting poster thing at a show more than ore than buying a shirt at the show.