Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Options
    DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited November 2017
    Just got back from Justice League and I honestly like it. It's not amazing or anything. I don't like to compare the two but JL had a clear disadvantage to The Avengers for one reason; character introduction. Avengers was able to get right to it because they had already introduced everyone. The first hour of JL kind of lagged because we had to introduce/recruit and set everyone up which is a big disadvantage especially when dealing with characters (Aqua Man, Cyborg, The Flash) who hadn't gotten their own movies or who had been absent from the big screen until then. That being said, I enjoyed the chemistry between the JL characters way WAY more.  For Avengers, I was really watching for one or two characters. For JL I enjoyed every character and their chemistry was brilliant which is a little weird because I thought Flash hit 1 good joke for every 4 and I didn't like Aqua Man that much due to the cocky pretty boy attitude he adapts for most of the movie (but maybe that's because I'm used to him being a dork lol). Anyway, that's enough comparison between those two different movies because JL definitely stood on its own. Every minute watching those characters work together was a blast (Especially Wonder Woman and my man Cyborg). My God they did Cyborg so well and I loved it because I was scared they were gonna fumble that. I thought the villain was a little stock but the fight scenes were great so I can forgive that. Finally, Superman. I actually preferred him this way. Yes, he was a bit of an ex-machina but I liked him so much in small doses because we just got to watch Superman be Superman without the kryptonite bullshit being presented for the millionth time. JL was a little brighter a little looser and played it's serious parts well and it's fun parts fun and that is a huge advantage over past DC flicks. You felt that the characters were having fun and the story and environment didn't suffer because it worked so well. They really really captured the team dynamic. It threw a little more than it should have out in one movie so it became jumbled and dragged at times, but overall it did well at piecing everything together and I look forward to where it progresses from here. Also, Affleck is still a great Bruce Wayne/Batman so suck it. 7/10. 
  • Options
    ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    My buddy who saw it said that Superman's CG was awful? He basically said he was a floating face on an obviously CG body. 
    inb4lists
  • Options
    MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,551 spicy boy
    Everyone I know liked it. Im probably gonna go Tuesday
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Options
    It wasn't bad. They had to CGI his moustache off  though because he was contractually obligated to keep the stache for the filming of Mission Impossible 6 =))
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Wouldn't say awesome but definitely good. However I just got back from Thor:Ragnarok which was fucking sweet! Loved it. Was entertained and laughing the entire time. Dat cameo when they were looking for Odin \m/
    Post edited by Dime on
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,221 mod
    Lol it was ok. Def not suicide squad or BvS bad but they still have a lot of work to do 

• Options
    I dont think it was the best movie ever. But it was really good. 

This year has been great for comic book movies. 
    Logan, Wonder Woman, Atomic Blonde, Thor... if the worst one is Justice League we're doing pretty good. 
  • Options
    Yeah superhero films have been pretty lit this year. I'm expecting Infinity War to be the best superhero flick ever next year so fingers crossed. Also, you forgot Homecoming 
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    Wasn't sure if he forgot that one or left it off on purpose. He had a lot of issues with that one.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,467 moneytalker
    Also, Guardians 2.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Options
    Guardians 2 is the best comic film of the year. 
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Also was Atomic Blonde good? Everyone I know says they didn't care for it much. 
    inb4lists
  • Options
    NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,221 mod
    I found it to be very disappointing considering it was directed by the same bloke who did John Wick. There was only one scene in the movie that stopped me from fully hating it and it's the tracking shot near the end in the stairwell. 

• Options
    Dime said:
    Yeah superhero films have been pretty lit this year. I'm expecting Infinity War to be the best superhero flick ever next year so fingers crossed. Also, you forgot Homecoming 
    Jobe said:
    Wasn't sure if he forgot that one or left it off on purpose. He had a lot of issues with that one.
    Jobe said:
    Also, Guardians 2.
    I forgot about em. I liked Guardians. I had issues with Spidey, but it was still good as well. 

Actually liked Justice League more than Spidey though  
  • Options
    ... said:
    Logan and Wonder Woman >>>

... said:
    Also was Atomic Blonde good? Everyone I know says they didn't care for it much. 
    I liked it a lot. Anyone going in expecting John Wick 3 will be dissapointed. But its a good spy flick. Charlize Theron kills it. Plus the soundtrack is good. 
  • Options
    FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,408 spicy boy
    Guardians 2 was meh for me tbh
  • Options
    ... said:
    Logan and Wonder Woman >>>
    I would have agreed with you on WW if the ending wasn't awful. That battle was typical Zach Snyder cliche. 
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Guardians 2 was meh for me tbh
     Ya know, I had a blast watching it, but I can't remember a single thing about it now lol it's one of those films that fun in the moment but not very memorable. 
  • Options
    Anyone notice the "MAGAHorde" shot at Trump in JL?