Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited April 2018
    Fuck it...

What I liked:
    -The vast majority of the movie
    -Not a single character was portrayed shittily imo
    -Thanos's power really showed, especially the way he beat Hulk in the beginning. 
    -They did a good job balacing screen time with the vast amount of characters
    -Best fight scenes in the MCU to date
    -Good balance of humor without going overboard
    -Characterized Thanos beyond just a killing machine
    -The ending was perfect, especially, like I said, with that single droning tone building tension, the characters reacting to fading away, and Thanos's satisfied look at the end. 
    -Im surprised by which characters the did kill off, and which they let live

What I didnt like:
    -I wish they actually showed Thanos kill more with his bare hands
    -I kinda wish they would have shown the whole Death character love story with her and Thanos - but I kinda knew they wouldnt
    -I wish they showed some of the TV characters, even if it was just a tease post credits. If those worlds are connected to the MCU, they would have been affected, and it would have been cool to see S.H.E.I.L.D., The Defenders, or Ghost Rider's reaction to people disappearing at the end
    -No Ant-Man, Hawkeye, or Adam Warlock 

Favorite parts:
    -I love Dr. Strange in these movies.
    -Fucking War Machine was my favorite in these fights, seeing all those bombs and missiles shoot off was fucking awesome
    -Mantis is cute as fuck and I love her. 
    -Every fight scene was perfect 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Ant-Man is supposed to take place before and during Infinity War. Curious to see what's going to happen in that movie. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    A plausible theory I've heard is he and Wasp go into the micro dimension or whatever to save her mom and time passes at a faster rate. So they go in for an hour or whatever right after Civil War and when they come back at the end infinity war has already happened 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Didn't they say Ant-Man was on house arrest?

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah they did. Curious to see where they go with that.
    Dime said:
    I actually wish he went further. I wanted to see him beat Iron Man to death, and snuff life out with his hands. Really drive it home that this dude means business. Yea him snapping his fingers and people disappearing was sad and showed his power. But Vision's and Gamora's deaths were the most impactful imo because he did it himself.   
     Nigga he choked Loki out in the first ten minutes
    Yea I wanted more of that. My bloodlust knows no limit. 
    Don't you think it would have been kind of silly for him to go stomping around choking people out one on one when he can snap his fingers and vanish fools in the blink of an eye?
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Infinity War opens to $250 million domestically and $630 million globally shattering all previous records. The film hasn’t opened in China or Russia yet.  
    Saw that earlier \m/
    Bought to peep again in two hours.... :!!!!
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Dime said:
    I actually wish he went further. I wanted to see him beat Iron Man to death, and snuff life out with his hands. Really drive it home that this dude means business. Yea him snapping his fingers and people disappearing was sad and showed his power. But Vision's and Gamora's deaths were the most impactful imo because he did it himself.   
     Nigga he choked Loki out in the first ten minutes

He got King Joffrey'd. The changing color as he went out was brutal. You knew they weren't fucking around with that.

Spider going out was rough,  but Bucky calling out for Steve with that questioning tone hit right in the feels as well. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    What I liked:
    - The opening was fucking fantastic. Hearing the distress signal before the Marvel logo left the screen was very jarring. Loki and Heimdall's death in the first 10 minutes really set the tone as well.
    - The pacing was great. Having 4? groups of characters in different countries and different planets really gave the movie a giant sense of scope.
    - All the new character interactions made it feel like Avengers 1 again. Strange calling Tony a douchebag, Rocket asking for Bucky's arm, Groot and Cap meeting, Quill posting up on Thor were all amazing moments.
    - FUCKING RED SKULL. Biggest surprise of the movie. I let out an involuntary "wwwwhaaaaat" when i saw him. Nice loose end getting tied up that a lot of studios would probably never touch.
    - Thor and War Machine going beast mode in Wakanda

What I didnt like: 
    - Star Lord punching Thanos in the face before they could get the gauntlet off. I mean, it does match up with his characterization of being a hothead but i hate when movies make characters make the dumbest choice possible at THE critical moment
    - This is minor but power levels are all over the place. Vision was shown to be god mode in previous movies yet gets fucked on in this one. Thanos wrecks Loki and Hulk with two stones but Cap can take a punch from Thanos with 5 stones. I honestly thought when Cap got punched he was dead.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    I let out an "OOhhh shit!" when I first saw Red Skull again.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Also fuck you @MetalSynthades the Tony Stark/Peter Parker dynamic from Homecoming made his death scene that much more impactful. 
    As the credit roll again, I have come to a conclusion of a hypothesis I theorized the first time I saw this movie...I'm incapable of watching Spidey die without crying like a little fucking bitch. 
    Also fuck you @MetalSynthades the Tony Stark/Peter Parker dynamic from Homecoming made his death scene that much more impactful. 
    Eh. I still think Tony overstayed his welcome and eclipsed Uncle Ben in that movie. 
    Mantis's death though :'(