Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I mean this is a SPOILERS AND DISCUSSIONS thread. We could just say "from here on out, we talkin spoilers, stay out until you see it". 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    Who has to see it still?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I just PMed Jay so hopefully he reads it
    That should do it.

Last chance to turn back.
    Holy shit that opening 
    That middle
    That end

So much good shit.
    Dinkalage and his corny accent were the worst part of the movie.
    There was a lot to like. Some stuff I didnt like... Maybe not really "didn't like" but still minor gripes. Overall lived up to the hype. 
    They did a great job with the pacing and having so many characters to work in.
    That Hulk vs Thanos fight in the beginning was awesome.
    I'll give my full opinions, what I liked, what I didnt like, and my favorite parts tomorrow. I'll give the rest of the weekend for spoilers purposes. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Thought I was watching GOT

It has a LotR vibe to it imo. Hope they do an extended cut  
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Movie was fucking amazing. Holy shit from start to finish...

***spoiler time***

Feel like they are saving the big deaths for the next movie. These deaths were sad but it was all characters who haven't been around that long. When Cap or Iron Man dies that shit is going to have such a big impact. 

Also the spiderman death scene got me good. Dude acted that so fucking good and damn...yeah that one sucked lol. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm not gonna lie...I legit teared up when Spidey disappeared lol the way he was like "Mr. Stark, I don't wanna go" and was hugging him got me. Tom Holland is amazing. I just didn't expect that like holy shit. That last scene with Thanos smiling during the sunset...dude I came. I thought all the fight scenes were fucking fantastic, especially Wakanda. I think one of the funniest things was this black guy sitting next to me. His reaction was great. End of the movie he's like "Damn...goddamn." I'm like "Dude fucking awrsome" he's like "Yeah yeah man I love it but lemme ask you this big homie; how the fuck they finna kill T'Challa already. Man we just got that nigga!" =)) He left before end credits and I could still hear him going "Damn" as he was leaving. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So, let me get some opinions here. Alot of people reckon Dr. Strange knows some shit about the outcome. When he looks at Tony and says "It was the only way" before he disappears, alot of speculation is going around that he saw the way to defeat Thanos was to lose that specific fight. Others are saying he said that meaning it was the only way to save Tony's life. Thoughts? 
    Im assuming it was the only way to win in the end. Im holding off until tomorrow to tell my whole thoughts, but the fact they already have future movies announced OTHER THAN the next Infinity Gauntlet/whatever, really hurt this movie. We already know everyone is coming back :| 
    No shit everyone is coming back. Everyone comes back in the comic universe too. Who in their right mind would think that they would murk half of the MCU for real?

However, i disagree that it effects the impact the deaths at all. From a storytelling perspective, the deaths served their purpose. We watched Thanos wreck everyone's shit for 2 hours with absolutely no recourse. Other than Empire Strikes Back i cant think of a movie with such a bleak ending. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Captain Marvel bout to come in 

I actually wish he went further. I wanted to see him beat Iron Man to death, and snuff life out with his hands. Really drive it home that this dude means business. Yea him snapping his fingers and people disappearing was sad and showed his power. But Vision's and Gamora's deaths were the most impactful imo because he did it himself. I wish he fucked up some more of the Avengers like that before snapping his fingers and letting the others drift away. That was really my only complaint as far as deaths go. 

That said, the way it was shot with that single droning tone instead of a sad score was fucking perfect