Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Looks like Shriek is in it too

https://youtu.be/-FmWuCgJmxo
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Suicide Squad was decent. Still dont like Margot Robbie as Harley though. And the liscenced music was annoying
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Suicide Squad was fucking great. Easily the best DCEU movie so far. James Gunn just gets it. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Yeah i watched it this morning. Was pretty great. 
    Sigh
    Trailer was LIT
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    Spider-Man trailer got my dick on brick. 🧱 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    This is gonna be a fun ride. Not for MC of course, he doesn’t actually enjoy things, but the rest of us are in for a treat. There’s a shit ton to unpack in that trailer. I wonder how much of it is misdirection. These mutherfuckers better not be playing wit my emotions right now. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited August 2021
    I like how the simple reason that Strange is being brought in is “Make them forget my identity.” Makes it to where it doesn’t feel shoehorned in.
    > sucks off Toby and Raimi Spider-Man trilogy
    > Toby and best villains from trilogy in new movie
    > still cries

Keep leakin bitch nigga
    > sucks off Toby and Raimi Spider-Man trilogy
    > Toby and best villains from trilogy in new movie
    > still cries

Keep leakin bitch nigga
    Doesnt mean I want them in a different universe story. Cheap fanservice is cheap fanservice, I hate that shit. Not only that but its literally an adaptation of One More Day/Brand New Day - the WORST Spider-Man story ever written that has ruined the Spider-Man comics to this day. 

I just want a boots to ground, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. No cosmic stakes, no team ups with other heroes, no multiverse, no Iron Man suit... Is that so hard?

This version of Spider-Man hasn't even had his chance to be his own character yet, and they just keep shoving team ups, and Spider-Verse shit ad naseum. Spider-Verse worked because it was a one off and was different. I dont want fucking everything to be Spider-Verse. Multiverses suck. 

There that's my piece. Go back to your fun. I'll be back when Venom 2 comes out. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    God Marissa Tomay or however you spell it can get this thunder thimble any fucking day
    Tomei you uncultured swine.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    I'm just trying to smash not learn her last name you fucking simp

Jus finished all 9 movies. Goddamn.

So upon rewatching, I actually like the sequel trilogy way more than I did before. As I said, I never saw 9 til tonight, but 7 and 8 were rewatches. I remember when I initially watched 7 and 8, I didn’t do any kind of rewatch of the old movies and hadn’t seen them in prolly 10 years, so due to that, there was a lot of shit that I had forgotten, on top of the fact that there was an emotional disconnect even towards the original characters, let alone the new ones. The new ones I originally didn’t give a single fuck about. To the point that even tho I saw 8, I couldn’t really tell you what happened afterwards lol.

So watching all 9 in a row and having everything refreshed definitely made it all hit different and gave me a newfound appreciation. To the point that Han’s death hit me harder the second time even tho I knew it was coming and the surprise was gone. I legitimately didn’t give a shit the first time around.

Time for the hot take part and the part where MC prolly goes into cardiac arrest.

Not only did I like the sequel trilogy a lot more this time, but it is prolly my favorite trilogy of the 3, and 9 is prolly my #1 individual favorite out of all of them. Nostalgia does not sway my opinion whatsoever so I watched everything as it is right now in the moment in 2021. 

First and foremost, the SFX and graphics. Yea they’re not everything, but in action and sci-fi movies, they’re pretty fucking important. It’s why all these remakes keep happening, cause we’re finally technologically at a point where these classic worlds and their characters and battles within them can be done their true justice and look as epic and believable as they’re supposed to. So every single battle in the sequel trilogy from lightsaber duels to firefights to ship battles finally looked how everybody has wanted it to look since the 70s. Watching all the action scenes in the first 6 was rough, especially the original trilogy. It started looking better by Episode III, but still, everything looked so blatantly fake that it was disjointing and kinda took you out of the scale of everything. Like on the original trilogy, Vader never once actually looks as powerful as he’s sposed to be, because they literally couldn’t pull it off on screen. His appearance in the Jedi Fallen Order game and his Rogue One scene finally saw him painted in God mode.

So the sequel trilogy is finally what people always pictured in their head, visually. Kylo Ren, Palpatine, and Rey are the most powerful Jedi and Siths that we’ve ever seen depicted on screen and that level of power didn’t have to be imagined like it did wit Vader. They were finally able to flex and pull it off on screen in it’s full epic scale and all of it looked stupid fucking cold. The last 45 minutes of 9 is the most epic that Star Wars has ever been and it had that full scale Endgame type feel. It finally looked like full scale, apocalyptic, galactic fucking WAR. And then this mf Palpatine literally goes straight Thor God Of Thunder and starts taking out an entire fleet wit one hand. That moment is singlehandedly the most powerful that anyone has ever been depicted in Star Wars. That shit was like when Goku went Ultra Instinct in Dragon Ball Super.

That last hour had me so fucking hype and amazed in a way that Star Wars hasn’t made me feel since I originally watched the movies as a lil kid.

And speaking of Palpatine, he was also finally pulled off the best he’s ever been. In the other movies, he’s an annoying old fuck that’s irritating to look at wit a retarded ass voice. In 9, he’s actually a dark, menacing, threatening presence like he was always sposed to be. That is the most stone cold full blown evil that a Star Wars villain has ever felt. And he’s literally undead. That was the darkest Star Wars has ever felt.

I think the original 6 all definitely have more iconic moments, but I feel like nostalgia clouds judgment when it comes to certain things. Like for instance, I already stated how I felt that the Anakin heel turn felt really rushed, when that whole situation was the entire driving force behind the original trilogy. That especially should have been handled and presented a lot better. So the original 6 definitely fumbled certain shit.

Of course the sequel trilogy has a LOT of fan service and callbacks to the old movies, especially the original 3, even down to the parallel of Ren having a change of heart and doing good at the last minute like his grandfather, but the sequel trilogy did a good job of building the new characters, who I ended up liking a lot, while also keeping some of the originals around in a genuine way that didn’t feel cheesy. And the humor, emotion, and heartfelt feel good moments were all still there and pulled off very well, wit the added bonus of being able to be presented in a LOT shinier bow this time and feeling bigger and more believable as a result. This undeniably felt like Star Wars always has tho.

Safe to say, between The Mandalorian and this, I 110% prefer new Star Wars, and I’m hype for all the upcoming movies and shows. They’re definitely doing a great job of restoring the feeling as far as I’m concerned. 

I’m glad I did a rewatch and finally saw 9, that was great. I gotta finally get around to watching Clone Wars and the other animated shows. Only Star Wars shit I haven’t seen yet at this point.

You just gave me terminal cancer