Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Shitty Memes & Other Shit

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

Pass the god damn butter.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I'm so torn by joe rogan lol. The dude's a dumbshit but I love him and JRE, I wish he didn't have the biggest podcast in the world because I feel like that just solidified his belief that he's some sort of genius
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah fuck Rogan. Dude has been beating the COVID hoax and anti vax drum all year. He's delusional. I noped out last year after he was saying dumb shit like "you just have to create your own bubble of people maaaaan and this will all be over"

Motherfucker you realize most people have a job that deals with the public in some capacity which makes it impossible to do what you're saying. We're not all podcast hosts who can just hang out with the same group of people everyday. 
  • ThatGuyArloThatGuyArlo Posts: 1,430 jayfacer
    I've listened to several episodes of his podcast, and I completely understand why it's popular. The guy is engaging, funny, and just interesting to listen to and has some really cool guests.

The problem with Rogan IMO is just that he has a FAR greater reach than maybe he even intended to. It's seriously such an insane amount of people that see him as some kind of know-it-all god. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    edited May 2021
    Yeah. The covid shit ive had enough of him on. I still like his show, and there are still really good episodes, but he’s definitely out of touch with normal life. 

I dont think he even really tried to influence peoples thoughts, or anything like that. I just think he doesn’t realize how far of a reach he truly has. He has gotten better at it recently on some issues, but part of the reason people like his show is because he is pretty open and honest and a lot of people take his work and his guests word as god. 

I wish he would have some people on to talk about real dangers of covid though, instead of broadcasting to the masses that he thinks its not a big deal.

i do think in general he’s probably a good person, but i mostly still to the podcasts with people in MMA now, or old regulars i like to hear. 
    It was 2013 and me and my manager at the cafe I worked at were talking about stand up and joe's big special had just dropped on netflix so I brought it up. We talked about how much we loved it but he described him perfectly, "a genius idiot"
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,715 jayfacer
    I don’t like him simply cause he’s fake. I mentioned it previously on here, but he exposed himself when Kanye came on the podcast.

The whole time he sucked his dick up and down, “You’re one of the most genius minds of our time you’re really such an inspiration.”, when he had done nothing but shit on him for years, all on camera. “He’s a nutcase talking out of his ass.”

I ain’t mad he talked shit about Kanye, but keep that same energy then instead of being a coward. If I was Kanye, I wouldn’t have even done that interview in the first place.
    I dont think hes fake. He did that podcadt for the views. And you dont bring a guy on your show to talk about all the shit you talked about him. 

Anytime hes ever made fun of kanye, he always said hed love to have him on the show. Its on kanye to bring that shit up. Besides all he really said was that he was crazy, which hes said about a lot of people. Not really trying to defend joe. I just think that’s probably one of the dumber reason to not like him. 

Hell joe is the main reason why carlos mencia isnt famous any more. He never backed down from that. 

The kanye thing was a great PR move and i cant tewlly blame him for that. He turned talking into probably hundreds of millions of dollars
    Hes definitely not a coward though. Joe would kill kanye with his bare hands if he wanted to lol. Its was just a smart move. No one would come on his show if hes going to be an asshole. 
    I don’t like him simply cause he’s fake. I mentioned it previously on here, but he exposed himself when Kanye came on the podcast.

The whole time he sucked his dick up and down, “You’re one of the most genius minds of our time you’re really such an inspiration.”, when he had done nothing but shit on him for years, all on camera. “He’s a nutcase talking out of his ass.”

I ain’t mad he talked shit about Kanye, but keep that same energy then instead of being a coward. If I was Kanye, I wouldn’t have even done that interview in the first place.
    I listened to that full podcast and thought I was up to date on what he said afterwards. He's stood his ground since then defending the fact that Kanye wouldn't be where he is today without thinking the way he does and giving him credit for having far more involved thinking about global issues than people give him credit for. Yeah he's said he's sort of a loon but also did so in the interview, albeit in a laughing/buddy-buddy kind of way. I'm curious where he's been that aggressive towards Kanye in the media or podcast since his appearance? Cuz all I've heard since then is guests poking fun at Kanye and Joe half agreeing but also coming to his defense.

Which I personally don't even agree with. Kanye is just bipolar and can talk fast and means well, doesn't mean he isn't a dumbshit
    They definitely talk and hangout before they do these podcasts too. Its not out of the realm of possibilities that he changed his mind when he met him
    I dont think hes fake. He did that podcadt for the views. And you dont bring a guy on your show to talk about all the shit you talked about him. 

Anytime hes ever made fun of kanye, he always said hed love to have him on the show. Its on kanye to bring that shit up. Besides all he really said was that he was crazy, which hes said about a lot of people. Not really trying to defend joe. I just think that’s probably one of the dumber reason to not like him. 

Hell joe is the main reason why carlos mencia isnt famous any more. He never backed down from that. 

The kanye thing was a great PR move and i cant tewlly blame him for that. He turned talking into probably hundreds of millions of dollars
    I never caught any ideas of Joe being "fake" until his recent episode with Doug Stanhope. Doug brings up at one point that Joe asked him to avoid certain topics beforehand in the hallway, and joe's response to him is cut out by the mic before they resume seconds later. If there's anyone in that industry who's gonna call out bullshit, it's Doug Stanhope. I thought the episode was super entertaining but then at the end Joe goes "you should come on more you'll be more comfortable and it'll go better" which to me seemed like a super condescending way to end the episode