Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

2015 ALBUMS OF THE YEAR THREAD

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Your only responses are to call people gay and tell ppl to kill themselves huh?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lmfao I'm playin but for real that don't make no damn sense smh.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    As for that, yeah that was something I think would be fun to listen to in small doses or background music getting fucked up but the album as a whole can not be listened to in one sitting for me. 
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    With that being said, > episode 
    Lmfao I'm playin but for real that don't make no damn sense smh.
    i think big sean is corny, but I enjoy every song on the album. how the fuck can you not like Unlock the Swag? everybody likes that song. even kendrick tweeted about that the day SremmLife came out. SS&PC kind of encapsulates the whole meaning of SremmLife. yeah it's like super poppy but it's a good note to end the album on. it's all fun

As for that, yeah that was something I think would be fun to listen to in small doses or background music getting fucked up but the album as a whole can not be listened to in one sitting for me. 
    you know how ppl wanna get to the fountain of youth and drink to be young forever? that's SremmLife to me. it's tapping the fountain of youth.

I don't know what to say (say)
    The album don't hit me that way (way)
    Maybe I'm just not that cool (nope)
    But I don't think it's that dope (aye)

image Photobucket
    lol they don't do that every song
    There's almost nothing that I like after the first listen. I'll listen to it some more. And probably not shortchange it. I only got like 3 songs in and started skipping around.
    image Photobucket
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    As you get older, your brain becomes more and more unable to handle dopamine, which, as we've pointed out before, is a big factor in making us feel "the chills" when a new exciting piece of music comes on.

Because nothing you hear will have that same effect on you as the fresh exciting sounds of your youth, it will become harder and harder to get fired up about new music. Your musical taste will therefore stagnate, regardless of how on top of the trends you were at 17. If you want to know what new music will sound like when you're 50, go spend an hour watching TV shows intended for toddlers. See how long you can tolerate it.

So, you'll get older and settle down and, inevitably, the ubiquitous Rumours album by Fleetwood Mac will mysteriously appear in your collection, like a Gideon Bible in a hotel. Just accept it.

I've read that before, but I'm pretty sure that's not my problem. I still find new shit to listen to, just not much in metal anymore. Genres do fuck all for me personally, so that doesn't help much either. It just seems like metal is in another stale phase again. 

Pretty sure bands were just plain better back in my day lol. 

Pass the god damn butter.
    There's almost nothing that I like after the first listen. I'll listen to it some more. And probably not shortchange it. I only got like 3 songs in and started skipping around.
    if you don't like it, don't force yourself to listen to it. i'm just explaining why it appeals to me.
    Either way the conversation is above my head. You and Erik I'm sure are more up to date with rap and I'm just the dude that listens to Kendrick, J Cole and Chance and whatever good stuff someone throws my way 
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    ignorance is trendy because hipsters either don't wanna feel too pretentious or think disliking it makes them lowkey racist. either way, it's bad for current music. i don't feel old at all saying this, even though i know it'll be construed that way. if i were 21 and having to wade through this shit, i would be 5x as angry about it. instead i feel lucky that i have decades of old shit i've been reading about to catch up on
    Lol at the disagree while Iommi is your av.
    Well Jobe I'm not sure what to add because at my age, I haven't had anything specifin that would be "mine" I'm sure I'm not alone because the Internet completely changed that for our generation. Like my dad and uncles were your typical 80's rockers. They can tolerate some grunge but they live for everything 80s. For me, I was the normal middle school kid that listened to whatever was on the radio and though Eminem and 50 Cent > all. Then I started listening to metal and the mayhem boards and thought metal was me. Now I barely listen to metal other than what I already did and listen to a lot of shit you find on Pitchfork. Fuck knows where I'll be in 5 years. All I can say is the bands weren't better when you were younger because there's a lot of top notch hit you in the soul music out today for everyone

image Photobucket
    you can like classic stuff and what's happening curretly. i'd say that right now is the most active and creative time for metal, second to the 90's
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    active i can agree with, creative not so much
    hmm, i suppose a lot of the innovation happening now was set in motion in the mid '00s. still, there's plenty of good happening now. i'll post my list soon, and i'll be starting my thread with paragraph reviews on metalsetlists soon as well
    I'm not really the "stuck in the past music guy", I'm burnt the fuck out on most of the same older shit, but nothing really grabs me the same way anymore, and the few songs that do are very hit or miss with the rest of their stuff. There's tons of new shit out there, but none of it seems to stand out much and most of it is pretty obscure. Is there any cream rising to the top? What's the best new metal band to come out in the last few years? 
    I'm only half joking when I say bands were better in my day though. I had Sabbath, Metallliburton, and Pantera.

Now it's AX7 and FFDP.

:|
    what metal bands do you even listen to? give me something to work with