Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Suspended for 10 days......ain't this some bullshit?

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    doing good in school doesnt prove how smart you are, it just proves how much of a robot you are...

You know what? I fucking like you. Lol.

So true.

Because I'm not gonna use any of this bullshit in the future. Knowing the Table Of Elements isn't essential. Algebra isn't essential. Social Studies I suppose is important to know. Music class FTW. Gym class FTL. And even in reading. My reading and language skills are at a college level. (And I'm NOT bragging) that's what the school told me when we did evaluation tests.
  • MikeMike Posts: 7,820 admin
    But like I said Erik, I'm not talking about your grades. I'm just talking about actually GOING to school.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Nola, ain't nobody gonna force you to educate yourself. The world will always need under-educated people to dig ditches, wash dishes, etc. Don't do yourself any favors by getting that education cuz it's be just awful if you were successful at something.
    " yah if you dont graduate high school but i think its stupid that everyone is basically forced into college to learn shit they dont wanna learn and most likely will never use...fuck that"

So you think people should just be able to get any job they want without any formal education?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    no i want a job but most people dont use their degree. i wish i saw a statistic of people who are specifically in the profession of their degree
    That's true Nola, but you need a degree to get a job in the first place.
    I use BOTH of my degrees every day. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule.
    Plus. You want my grades? I'm not scared to show them. I'm passing easily. It's just a matter of being smart. And doing your work.

Math - D-
    Reading - B+
    Social Studies - A
    Science - C
    Music - A+
    Gym - N/A (I've been on medical leave for over a month.)
    and then colleges throw in shit like i need to take a foreign language, wtf has that got to do with anything? its so stupid
    I use BOTH of my degrees every day. Maybe I'm the exception to the rule.

not the exception but the minority nonetheless
    I'm not talking about your grades, that has nothing to do with our conversation.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Music will not get you very far in this world today, you can become a music teacher but being in a famous band is like 1 out of 1,000,000.

"and then colleges throw in shit like i need to take a foreign language, wtf has that got to do with anything? its so stupid"

Obviously school was a waste of time for you. That is the most idiotic statement I've ever heard. By 2050 white people will be the minority.
    You get paid more money if you are bilingual. Nevermind, you've already said you don't want to be successful. My bad.
    Im a history major and i need to take italian how fucking gay is that..
    But that's kinda contradictory Mike. Not to be a dick. But what is the point of going to school? To "learn" supposedly, and get your work done, and pass. Other than that, it's pretty much a daycare during the week. I'm getting my work done (For the most part) I'm passing.....I see no problem.

Plus, school is like a food chain when you look at it. Anything you "learn" only helps you with the harder shit in higher grades....that's it.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Erik, serious question here. All insults aside, (and I say none of this as an attack), but are you planning on basically saying "fuck school, I don't need it to be a rockstar"?

Because I'll be honest with you... that's what I believed for a good 2 years. Riding on the impending success of being a musician. Now, I won't say it doesn't happen, because it has before. Look at Angus Young.

But anyways, if that's you're case, let me tell you: It doesn't generally work that way.
    I love winning with women
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Also if you think Math is a waste pretty much 92% of the good jobs involve math not the easy kind the hard kind.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Eriks just riding thru the motions til he's old enough to drop out...
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket