Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Suspended for 10 days......ain't this some bullshit?

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    We all got "Left Behind"

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    So I opened this thread today and there's 150 more comments than when I opened it around 7-8 last night.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip
    You have to take classes outside of your major to be a more well-rounded person. When you work for people, it's usually not good enough to just sit around and do your work. They want you to be able to be to speak with clients, and clients don't really wanna talk about the work you're doing for more than 5 minutes. They'll want an update, then you have to make conversation. Edcation provides things to talk about with people. Sports and music won't cut it for every social encounter.

Also, high school provides a factual education for you. You memorize facts in high school. That prepares you to remember what goes on the burgers you're gonna be flipping. College teaches you how to think critically about things, and use facts to interpret information. Essentially preparing you for a career where you actually have to think for yourself.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    If you don't think high school teaches you critical thinking, you're wrong.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    It most definately does not. I'm in college right now, and high school is fact memorization, college is critical thinking. When you get to college (if you ever do), get back to me.
    Please, your insults are unnecessary. Did you go to a public or private school?
    Public school. All they do is present you with information, and spit it back at them on the tests. They don't check for thought, at all.
    I believe you are generalizing. My high school experience has been rich with qualities that you do not believe it possesses.
    And you've compared it to college, right? Since you're saying it possesses the same qualities, you must know what college is like, right?
    I have not compared it to college. College in this conversation is irrelevant. I am just stating that high school does, in some cases, interactively teach more than just facts. Your experience was not the experience I am having right now.
    When I was in high school, I thought it was critical thinking. Then I got to college, and realized I was wrong, that high school is simply factual information. So until you get to college and have a comparison, you're point is irrelevant.
    That's a good point. I believe that when I get to college, I will learn more, and at a faster rate than I am learning now. Your high school experience was one where you were taught how to memorize facts, but at the time, you considered it to be of a higher echelon of learning. My high school experience has had me learning in that high echelon for a long time. I believe the difference is that I currently go to private school. Now I don't want you rebutting with a simple, "Ooooooh, so public schools can't do shit huh?" response. You should think it out, wonder if there are differences between your high school, where you had your experience, and where others, in private or public, had different experiences.
    I can understand if private school teaches at a higher standard than public school. I was under the assumption that you were going to public school. I take back what I said about your schooling.
    I also have attended public school, and received a lesser quality of education, but the social learning was immense. I learned how to be a friend and social skills that I don't think I would have learned in public school. But here in California, I know a guy who was supposed to write an essay, but instead wrote a paragraph and a turkey from the outline of his hand and got a B.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    "I know a guy who was supposed to write an essay, but instead wrote a paragraph and a turkey from the outline of his hand and got a B."

thats me.....
    i put it on my fridge.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    My final semester of high school I miss some thing like 28 days, graduated with honours, won 2 awards and got into everything I applied for. My teachers didn't bother me about my attendance because I aced tests and assignments
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Deep conversation is deep
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    I went to a public high school, and looking back, there's really only one or two classes I took that I can say forced me to regurgitate information. Maggie is correct about college, though.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    "Deep conversation is deep"
    Not as deep as your rectum ;>
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I went to public highschool and looking back I slept a lot and wasted my time. Guesss what I have. A fucking factory job. Keep ditching school you'll regret it one day.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!