Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

to my M/U family...

TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
The last 13 months have been some of the most trying and difficult times in my life... I have failed at so much in life, and swore 15 years ago to myself that I wouldnt fail at being a father. My wife Jennifer made a huge diaaster out of our family's life, and wrecked our marriage. My 3 kids suffered the most during this ordeal, and continue to due to Jen's ongoing legal proceedings. I made the decision to bring Jennifer back into my kids' life and it has made a great difference. I wont give every detail here, but we are working on puttimg our family back together. If I thought my kids would be better without their mother, then I would have kept her out. But sometimes being a man means putting your ego and emotions in check.
I love my wife. I always will. Will we stay married forever? Dont know. We are going to counseling, and she is trying to prove herself worthy of being in our family unit.
She is still in a ton of shit for her actions, and my children are aware of her precarious position. I lost some support from a few people when i took Jennifer back, and the way I see it, dont give me your support if doing so means I must ONLY make xhoices and decisons YOU find agreeable. Support me, knowing and having faith that I am making what i think are the right decisions for all involved.
Love you guys,
MikeT.

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Best wishes man. Hopefully everything will work out in the end. You're right, you should do what you think is best for you, and especially your kids. Hang in there.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2013
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    Don't let other people get you down. You have to make the choice you feel is best for you and your kids, and it sounds like that's exactly what you did. Hopefully everything else will start to work itself out over time. Best wishes. >:D<
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    He loves his wife. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone makes mistakes.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    hey man, i respect putting everything you feel aside for the sake of your kids. that really is being a man. i dont know if i could or would want to do the same. if it was me and i still wanted her in our kids' lives i may have let her live in our house but i would want it to be treated as if we were broken up and were more or less "roommates" and i dont think i would ever consider staying married to her.

but again mad props for putting your wants and feeling aside to do what is best for your children. you sound like someone i would want to aspire to be in that sense. i support you and your decisions in the future. keep rollin, hoss
    And she don't love him. That's for damn sure. I know Im'ma get flagged up the ass 'cause we're on a forum full of yes men who won't speak their mind, but I'm just being real.

These bitches get these motherfuckers like a fish on a hook and essentially have free will to do whatever they so please, it's fucking sad.

YEA YEA SHE GOT YA HOMIE.

Y'all gonna ride my dick for this, but watch when I'm the only one right weeks, months, years down the road. Fucked around once, she'll fuck around again. She don't love you.
    EPSD said:

And she don't love him. That's for damn sure. I know Im'ma get flagged up the ass 'cause we're on a forum full of yes men who won't speak their mind, but I'm just being real.

These bitches get these motherfuckers like a fish on a hook and essentially have free will to do whatever they so please, it's fucking sad.

Y'all gonna ride my dick for this, but watch when I'm the only one right weeks, months, years down the road. Fucked around once, she'll fuck around again. She don't love you.

People aren't perfect Erik. Some people can learn from mistakes. I have no idea if she is a repeat offender. I'm new here
    Nah fuck that. Lots of bitches my age are sluts but have the chance to grow up. You're a grown ass woman wit what? 3? Kids, and married, and still fuck around and cheat wit ONE OF YOUR UNDERAGE STUDENTS? Naw. She'll do it again. If a circumstance like that wasn't enough to stop her the first time, it won't be enough the second time. And as I recall, this wasn't a one night stand, she was fucking dude on the regular 'til she got caught.
    You may be right. Time will tell. Just wish him well. He's been through enough already.
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    People can change; Erik.
    Mhm. People can change. Too many 2nd chances is exactly why people end up even more hurt than they were in the 1st place.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    That's great that you decided to keep her in your kids lives. I hope she never does anything to manipulate your kids and I hope she never lies to them about anything. But if I was in your shoes I would get a divorce after all the commotion dies down a bit. Good luck
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    My opinion is fuck my opinion, or anyone else's, and run your life the way you think is best for you and your kids. It's your action movie dude, be the star.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    This place changed me.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    EPSD said:

listen youngster, you fuckin think I don't KNOW all this....you think I fuckin TRUST her? I am trying to hold some semblance of a family together for my kids' sake....Things are better for them with their mother in the house and in their lives...Is shit perfect? hell no, and my children are forever damaged by this.

I give 2 fucks if you think you have life all figured out after 18 years....Because I can put my anger and distrust aside long enough to give my kids a few months of peace DOESN'T mean anyone 'has' me....
    I never pretend to have all the answers, and I fuck up more than I succeed...
    Oh I get it. So you put something this personal and serious on here, and immediately blow up if you don't get the kiss ass "I got your back no matter what you choose. >:D< " response.

K.

Keeping it together simply for them and living a lie is a ticking time bomb and only gonna make shit worse in the end when it erupts.
    ^ you stand a good chance of being right....Sorry if I 'blew up' at you......