Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Lone Star Thread. (First track from Lone dropped. "New Drug")

13»

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

The instrumental was cool, and I actually liked how you used the pitch thing to sound like a girl. Some of the backing vocals sounded a little nasally, but other than that it sounded fairly solid. Keep up the work.

Yea the nasally background vocals is 'cause of the filter. Downside but I love how it sounds otherwise. But thanks!

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Unrelated, but check out the producer suicideyear. I've been digging on his shit a lot recently.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I would've liked this a lot more if it didn't have the hip hop portion towards the end. It's a personal preference issue. I hate that Linkin Park-ish style of white dude hip hop. It always sounds like contrived posturing to me. It removes the song from some druggy, dreamy place and puts it in a frat house living room. I feel like (and this applies to pop music at large) there's a feeling that you have to have a little rap part. I think it's really unnecessary here. It would be cooler with just the ambient shit and the beat. Aside from that, my only other issue is the song is a little long. It needs some sort of variation in beat to justify the length. My girlfriend was in the room when I played it and she liked it a lot. This is the best and most honest thing you've done since the Nyan Cat song
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    For your benefit, I think you should check out 'Mezzanine' by Massive Attack. It's the gold standard for trip hop. It's like 15 years old and it still laps most if it's post-hip hop progeny in terms of creativity. I think knowing what's already happened makes it easier to go forward in style
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

I would've liked this a lot more if it didn't have the hip hop portion towards the end. It's a personal preference issue. I hate that Linkin Park-ish style of white dude hip hop. It always sounds like contrived posturing to me. It removes the song from some druggy, dreamy place and puts it in a frat house living room. I feel like (and this applies to pop music at large) there's a feeling that you have to have a little rap part. I think it's really unnecessary here. It would be cooler with just the ambient shit and the beat. Aside from that, my only other issue is the song is a little long. It needs some sort of variation in beat to justify the length. My girlfriend was in the room when I played it and she liked it a lot. This is the best and most honest thing you've done since the Nyan Cat song

@-) Did not expect this from you at all. I honestly tagged you 'cause I figured you'd call me a no balled faggot because of the "female" part. Thank you.

But what Hip Hop part? I didn't rap anywhere in here... Unless you mean the 2nd verse simply because it's faster, but that wasn't intended as a rap verse at all. I sang that. When I rap I just use my speaking voice.

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    no balled faaggot