Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The "Don't be a Faggot" Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    mrAPE said:

How was it not boring aside from the ass and titties? Francos character was annoying as shit

I didn't see it, I just thought it was funny to see someone say that it wasn't amazing
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I just couldn't get into the movie. The girls were fine as fuck but the story wasn't very good and neither were the characters.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    It was annoying for me because my movie nerd friend talked up the movie a lot saying shit like "it's not at all what you'd expect it to be dude", which I ways kind of got from the movie from the beginning. So I was expecting something kind of shocking and didn't get much at all. It's nothing too special. But yeah, fine bitches was cool
    Nah. Surprisingly most of my favorite movies are stoner movies.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    TheShield said:

I guess if the movie had fighting robots or superheroes it would be bomb...

Fighting robots and superheroes \m/
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    A couple things about spring breakers

1 you should be high as balls when you watch it or its prob just gonna seem dumb
    2 like almost every other movie it was def way better seeing it in the actual theaters
    3 ape is right, it's technically not a " good" movie, the storyline is thin and the characters are about as deep as puddle but it's def got a uniqueness to it.. It's not like other spring break teeny bopper movies.. I like the art direction of it..very cool stuff but as far as the actual story line yeah I mean it's nothing memorable.. I'd still suggest to get fucked up and watch it at least once tho
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Harmony Korine is known for being metaphorical and having subtext. I noticed a lot of higher minded things going on. Like how they kept going back to the slow mo of the spring break tits and ass and parting to kinda show how much further away the girls were moving away from the other spring breakers. I saw Franco's character as an inhibitor that simply helped the girls achieve what they really wanted to when they went down. I thought Franco's character was there for humor, but not a blatant sort. The scene when he was going through his home, naming off "gangsta" gear and he was like "I have 'Scarface' on repeat all day every day" I was dying. I found it to be a solid lampooning of gangsta culture, and the fact that he managed to get Gucci Mane involved made it even more surreal
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    My friends say that I went too deep into the meaning of the movie when I was explaining it to them when we saw it.

I love when people try and polish a turd.
    Not a fan of poetry, are we?
    The movie was so straightforward with everything its funny that you were trying to say its over the heads of those who don't like it.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Yeah I pretty much got everything you got out of it Satan. Those were my thoughts. I still wasn't too impressed. I think my friend talked to movie up too much for its own good.
    Its cool if you like it I like shit others think is stupid but don't try and justify it by saying people just don't understand it.
    mrAPE said:

The movie was so straightforward with everything its funny that you were trying to say its over the heads of those who don't like it.

I'm really not though. There are a ton of movies where ill have no idea something else is underneath until its mentioned or i find out something outside of the actual film. Like knowing that a filmmaker made something after his Mother died. A lot of times, knowing the peripheral work of the filmmaker is key. Knowing Korines other movies would make you see this movie a good bit different than say someone that only knows 'High School Musical'. I promise I wouldn't talk down like that. A good chunk of why I soured on making movies was based on the the incessant pretentiousness of other film people
  • evilDDevilDD Posts: 572 just the tip
    SATAN said:

mrAPE said:

I'm really not though. There are a ton of movies where ill have no idea something else is underneath until its mentioned or i find out something outside of the actual film. Like knowing that a filmmaker made something after his Mother died. A lot of times, knowing the peripheral work of the filmmaker is key. Knowing Korines other movies would make you see this movie a good bit different than say someone that only knows 'High School Musical'. I promise I wouldn't talk down like that. A good chunk of why I soured on making movies was based on the the incessant pretentiousness of other film people
    stop being a puss and make me some movies dammitt!

I started work on a surrealist noir detective thing this week. I talked to the main actor for 2 hours Wednesday.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    iv always wanted to make movies....had a couple good ideas but never took the time to write full scripts out....probably would need to find someone with mutual interest as well...since i have no idea how to write a script really lol