Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

This is a Government Fuckery Thread

Comments

• New_GaryNew_Gary Posts: 314 salt miner

Can I get a source?

Can I get a source?
    go to the page I posted. It's the most unbiased page on the internet. I wouldn't read stuff that's obviously lying to me to ultimately cost me eventually.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Reborn said:

Can I get a source?

Can I get a source?
    go to the page I posted. It's the most unbiased page on the internet. I wouldn't read stuff that's obviously lying to me to ultimately cost me eventually.
    Ahh yes, an opinion article on a site called "The Hill". The most factual of all news outlets. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    I dont understand US politics and how it all works. It confuses me to fuck. I just think the way Trump communicates and some of the things that come out of his mouth are just absolutely bizarre. Hey maybe he is running the place well and making America great again. I can't comment on that. Just as a person and a leader I think he is nuts.
    Also I'll never understand how anyone can vote for Trump after the disastrous handling of COVID and the complete rejection of science and common sense. He's literally said "Biden will follow the scientists" as if that's an insult somehow.

The GOP is the anti education party and preys on that to stay in power. 
    This is what made me slide to the left. 
    The way he managed this pandemic, fanned the flames for civil unrest, doesn't seem to care at all about police reform, and straight up says and does the most racist shit all the time - it really pissed me off. I used to be more center. Voted libertarian 4 years ago. Still believe in capitalism as an economic model (I do have a business degree. I am an entrepreneur) - but holy fuck do we need to start taking care of each other, and the planet. The economy is not worth more than people's lives. 
    Also I'll never understand how anyone can vote for Trump after the disastrous handling of COVID and the complete rejection of science and common sense. He's literally said "Biden will follow the scientists" as if that's an insult somehow.

The way he managed this pandemic, fanned the flames for civil unrest, doesn't seem to care at all about police reform, and straight up says and does the most racist shit all the time - it really pissed me off. I used to be more center. Voted libertarian 4 years ago. Still believe in capitalism as an economic model (I do have a business degree. I am an entrepreneur) - but holy fuck do we need to start taking care of each other, and the planet. The economy is not worth more than people's lives. 
    Some police do need better training and understanding especially in inner city communities but on the flip side if someone is running at you with a knife or a gun and you are armed I don't think you will be aiming for the leg. Yes some people need to be more respectful of other people's idea's..lifestyles etc. The majority of this population is like that but we are easily influenced my the media to how they wan't us to lean. These are facts. I deliver to Balt. DC Boston. I deal with lots of spanish black etc...I consider them my friends and I got their back. They are some of the coolest people I have ever met. Most people are like that. It's the media who is trying to destroy us. A certain scholar once said "The way to take down a great nation is to start from the inside" or something like that.
    Gnomez said:
    I dont understand US politics and how it all works. It confuses me to fuck. I just think the way Trump communicates and some of the things that come out of his mouth are just absolutely bizarre. Hey maybe he is running the place well and making America great again. I can't comment on that. Just as a person and a leader I think he is nuts.
    Trump does talk too much but he does what he says he will do besides The Health Insurance problem we face as a nation.

Just heard on the news it's a red wave with reports coming in
    Reborn said:

Can I get a source?

Can I get a source?
    Ahh yes, an opinion article on a site called "The Hill". The most factual of all news outlets. 
    They say it's one of the most least biased on the net. The numbers back them. That scale with the 31.4% loss is just a scale that anyone could of made to discredit
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Reborn said:
    Gnomez said:
    Trump does talk too much but he does what he says he will do besides The Health Insurance problem we face as a nation.

LOL
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,790 jayfacer
    At this point everyone here knew I was voting for. I'm not adding more to this than that and an opinion of I hope Trump beats Biden which should be obvious. I also know where mostly everyone here stands. I'm not coming at anyone with disrespect and if Trump loses, it is what it is. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Reborn said:
    Reborn said:

Can I get a source?

Can I get a source?
    They say it's one of the most least biased on the net. The numbers back them. That scale with the 31.4% loss is just a scale that anyone could of made to discredit
    Its from the national bureau of economic research. 

Regardless the mismanagement of covid was also the major swinging point to me as well. Idk how anyone could vote for trump after that. 
    Reborn said:
    Reborn said:

Can I get a source?

Can I get a source?
    Its from the national bureau of economic research. 

Regardless the mismanagement of covid was also the major swinging point to me as well. Idk how anyone could vote for trump after that. 
    Dude. The states had the power also. Cuomo sent them to the nursing homes. NURSING HOMES. Who does that? The boat was right there as well as The Javitts Center which ere hardly used. Go check the number in NY who suffered pretty much more than anyone of seniors that died. Staggering. I'll save you the time 6200. Thanks Cuomo/Democrat
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My buddy said he's gonna give me a pair of Nikes if I vote
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Same man. I used to vote libertarian too but i just can't do it while this asshole sits in office.

Trump has purposefully grown the divide in this country for the past 4 years and I'm sick of it. 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    My buddy said he's gonna give me a pair of Nikes if I vote
    Don’t do it 
    Definitely gonna do it. These shoes are like $200-300.

Same man. I used to vote libertarian too but i just can't do it while this asshole sits in office.

Trump has purposefully grown the divide in this country for the past 4 years and I'm sick of it. 
    I disagree. The media is responsible. I could care less what race someone is. My community is made up of many races. We all get along. We all have cookouts and shit together. Tons of familes mixed together and we look at this shit and just feel sorrow. Democratic planted seeds to get rid of Trump. Oh and just so you know. I'm registered independant. I voted for Barrack the first time. He is a good talker that's for sure. Also I already stated there needs to be more tolerance by police forces but you can't confront them with knives and guns. If they have mental issues then go after the Dr. that released them afterwards for releasing someone with issues. Does that seem fair? Most of the people shot by cops deserved it.
    Dont get me wrong, the media doesnt help. Like SJWs were a big problem 4 years ago. The virtue signalling of hollywood and silicon valley is insufferable... 
    But Trump certainly doesnt help. He fans those flames. And riles up the right just as much as the arts media riles up the left. But as president, he should be bringing people together, not adding to the division. 
    I honestly don't understand how people think he divided us. For preaching law and order? Our cities are in turmoil. Peoples businesses were trashed for things they weren't even responsible for. Innocent people were under attack from BLM and Antifa. The cop responsible for Floyd and the others are locked up. Honestly what would you like him to do to bring people together after a horrible incident like that (Floyd). He condemned it and said it's one of the worst things he has seen. How has he divided us because nothing he has said or done has made me look at people of color a different way and regardless of what past conversations have gone like around here I can assure you I am not a racist. All men and women are equal. White Black Yellow Tan Gay Straight whatever. People can't destroy our cities. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Not saying you but the double standard is rampant these days. 
    Reborn said:
    I honestly don't understand how people think he divided us. For preaching law and order? Our cities are in turmoil. Peoples businesses were trashed for things they weren't even responsible for. Innocent people were under attack from BLM and Antifa. The cop responsible for Floyd and the others are locked up. Honestly what would you like him to do to bring people together after a horrible incident like that (Floyd). He condemned it and said it's one of the worst things he has seen. How has he divided us because nothing he has said or done has made me look at people of color a different way and regardless of what past conversations have gone like around here I can assure you I am not a racist. All men and women are equal. White Black Yellow Tan Gay Straight whatever. People can't destroy our cities. 2 wrongs don't make a right. Not saying you but the double standard is rampant these days. 
    Idk, maybe because he got elected on the slogan "Build the Wall". He constantly calls Mexicans rapists and criminals. He just made a new "holiday" in "remembrance of people killed by "illegal aliens"" on an actual Mexican holiday. He encourages his cult of followers to attack the opposition, holding people like Kyle Rittenhouse up as a hero, and encouraging acts of violence against Biden supporters. We can start there.