Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

This is a Government Fuckery Thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    This was fooooorever ago
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    This was in 2009....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    2009= forever ago
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

This was in 2009....

Just lurked back then. Became a regular poster when y'all switched =;
    I lurked for like over a year
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    The first thing I thought of when he posted it was "Why the fuck would you let anyone think it's ok to keep a stolen golf cart at your place? And then post about it like it's no big deal?" =))
    imageimage
    Mexicants learn the hard way
    Not really since I looked only once a month or so
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm 100% behind Snowden, but I'll quickly hope for his extradition if he leaks information that could harm national security.

This shit though? Fuck that. Leak all you want about PRISM.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    The more I read up on Snowden, the more I think he's a work of fiction. For real, there's something really odd going on. I think they're trying to draw out some "anonymous" types
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    Obviuosly Snowden knows alot of shit, or the US wouldnt care, and Russia would have gave him the boot already..
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

SATAN said:

The more I read up on Snowden, the more I think he's a work of fiction. For real, there's something really odd going on. I think they're trying to draw out some "anonymous" types

What makes you think this?
    edited June 2013

SATAN said:

What makes you think this?
    You know how in 'The Departed', they "fire" DiCaprio from the force so they can use him undercover? This dude supposedly was discharged from the Army for breaking his legs. He has a GED and some community college under his belt, so naturally he's hired right away by the NSA as security before rolling over to the CIA(!) to do IT security :-? He continues moving through one high-profile Internet security job after another for the next decade in a variety of cherry locales and making decent money before his disclosure. Jay couldn't pull the jobs this guy was bouncing between, but he's supposedly just as educated as Dirtball.

Two more things that are weird:

1. Somewhere along the way, he manages to learn Mandarin, convert to Buddhism and date a possible Chinese spy while keeping these high security positions (which he's practically uneducated for) with multiple companies and agencies.

2. This is all much ado about nothing because he didn't actually disclose anything we didn't already know was possible. The Patriot Act made this possible and people have been lamenting this for more than a decade. Nothing the govt is doing was really a secret.

In final, I also think that his entire story is just too scripted. I mean, it's been 2 weeks since the story hit and his entire life is on Wikipedia. We know less about Johnny Depps personal life than this guy. It reminds me of that weird Chris Kyle story where they acted like he was some sort of shooting prospect being recruited by rival branches of the armed forces. There's just too much information about someone that's supposed to be a regular shmoe.

Snowden looks to me to be a manufactured version of Julien Assange. Patriot, Ron Paul guy, conscientious, well traveled. I think he's a smokescreen. A story. A diversion. The anonymous guys are real leery of him. I can see why. It's not just anyone that can uproot and move to Hong Kong, then receive asylum in Russia with the President willing to piss off the US to protect him. Seems like bullshit. Prolly cuz it is
    SATAN said:

1. Somewhere along the way, he manages to learn Mandarin, convert to Buddhism and date a possible Chinese spy while keeping these high security positions (which he's practically uneducated for) with multiple companies and agencies.

Where did you read he was dating a possible Chinese spy?

Also, it's fairly common for people with tech backgrounds to get jobs that they are classically under qualified for because the tech and computer industries are really young and their top shelf talent is sort of innately genius. Apparently Snowden was definitely that type. There also is the serious possibility that his incredible computer capabilities were noticed by the CIA while he was doing his initial Army evaluations. Pretty normal stuff. I don't really find him being unqualified as evidence.

The reason his entire life is all of a sudden extremely public because he's the central figure of the largest government story of the last few years. They have hundreds of people whose jobs right now is to find out as much about Snowden as possible.

I'll say I see him in a similar light as Assange. What do you mean the Anonymous guys are leery of him? Anonymous are way too loosely associated with each other to really have a central opinion about anyone, but I'm really curious as to what hacktivists like them think about someone who's cast similarly to them by the public such as Snowden. I wouldn't say that I think it's all peachy, because it almost never is, but I think that calling him a "work of fiction" might be a little too much.