Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Newsted

2»

Comments

• balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Brian said:

The thing that bothers me about thinks that people only know it exists because Newsted is in the band. If any other band out out the same material, nobody would give a flying fuck.

................duh?
    It should be a 'duh' statement, but it doesn't seem like people seem to get that. They just go on with their "It's ok".
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Obv the only reason most people will listen is because of the familiarity with who he is and what he's done. However, with so much music and so many choices out there, you have to narrow it down in some way because it can be overwhelming. The majority of people will go with familiarity and some sort of track record vs a couple hundred bands that you've never heard of.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep

The majority of people will go with familiarity and some sort of track record vs a couple hundred bands that you've never heard of.

yep, thats true. whenever i check out a new band, its a crap shoot whether or not they will have anything worth my time. when i look at someone like Jason Newsted, i liked what he did in Flotsam and Jetsam, what he did in Metallica, not crazy about the Voivod stuff, but overall track record means i would like his EP. Plus i saw the chance of getting it signed. He's the only member of Metallica (past or present besides Dave Mustaine) that i have an autograph from
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    I heard British Lion on XM the other day, they would get no play with out Steve Harris.
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Tiger said:

I heard British Lion on XM the other day, they would get no play with out Steve Harris.

that one i am passing on