Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Band that this forum whores out the most

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Other (Please Specify)
    ITT: We get mad about bands with large fanbases
    I love winning with women
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tool
    LOOT said:

Wake did a review of Tool and said it was bad :-? where

Years ago im sure. I haven't done a concert review since the ozzfest years.

And no Nola, I just don't like concerts where the artists just stand there playing their instruments, and you are supposed to be blown away because you appreciate how perfect they are playing. Look if I cared about every note being hit perfectly, I'd just save my money, and stay at home listening to their album on my CD player. I just personally prefer the bands I see to be more animated, have more crowd interaction, have fire and explosions on stage. I like a show. That's what I go to concerts for...

Metallica, At the gates, Suffocation, Hatebreed, Lamb Of God, Carcass, Gojira... These are bands that meet those requirements. These are bands who interact with the audience and put on an amazing show. They give you something that you just can't get from the CD's alone.

I get there are people who like concerts for different reasons then I do. That's fine. i dont care. Maybe they think Tool is the greatest for that reason? I just personally don't They are boring live IMHO. That doesnt change the fact that they are probably in my top 5 bands of all time list.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tool
    Hooked on phonics version plz.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers

LOOT said:

Wake did a review of Tool and said it was bad :-? where

Years ago im sure. I haven't done a concert review since the ozzfest years.

And no Nola, I just don't like concerts where the artists just stand there playing their instruments, and you are supposed to be blown away because you appreciate how perfect they are playing. Look if I cared about every note being hit perfectly, I'd just save my money, and stay at home listening to their album on my CD player. I just personally prefer the bands I see to be more animated, have more crowd interaction, have fire and explosions on stage. I like a show. That's what I go to concerts for...

Metallica, At the gates, Suffocation, Hatebreed, Lamb Of God, Carcass, Gojira... These are bands that meet those requirements. These are bands who interact with the audience and put on an amazing show. They give you something that you just can't get from the CD's alone.

I get there are people who like concerts for different reasons then I do. That's fine. i dont care. Maybe they think Tool is the greatest for that reason? I just personally don't They are boring live IMHO. That doesnt change the fact that they are probably in my top 5 bands of all time list.
    Isn't Pink Floyd your favorite band doe? And isn't what they do pretty much exactly what you described?
    Tool
    I've never seen Pink Floyd in concert, However I did see Roger Waters during his first Wall tour.... And no- that show was all about the showman ship. During the show they built like a 100 foot by 50 foot wall on the stage. They had giant pig balloons flying around. Roger Waters was extremely entertaining...

Can't really comment on Pink Floyd being the same. They broke up before I ever started liking them. I was like 6 or something.

And again - im only talking about concert experience. I really like Tool. Every album they have produced is fantastic. Literally one of my favorite bands. They've just never blown me away in concert. I'm always like "meh"
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Other (Please Specify)
    Tool (:|
    imageimage
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tool
    Tool is absolutely fantastic, but we definitely do whore the fuck out of them here
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Other (Please Specify)
    I'd rather suck danny off
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Lamb of God
    LOOT said:

I'd rather suck danny off

Get off Todd's account, Marc
    imageimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Other (Please Specify)
    Alice in Chains is another one, too.
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Other (Please Specify)
    That in unacceptable.
    I love winning with women
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Brian said:

RAZOR said:

Alice in Chains is another one, too.

Wait, really? I've never seen people really talk about them

I like em
    :-??
    neanderthal metalhead elitist 8-|
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2013
    Lamb of God

mrAPE said:

Tool bores me on cd. They have some cool stuff going on but it doesn't always hold my attention. Maybe ill go through and listen to every record and see if my mind changes like I've done with a couple other bands. I will see them live if they come here but they aren't gods like they make themselves out to be and fans make them out to be.

I think Tool is pretty bad live honestly. I've seen them numerous times and just isnt my thing. I like a little crowd interaction and showmanship.... Precise, and boring isnt my idea of a fun show.

Love them on album though. One of my favorite bands of all time. I find it odd that I dont like APC more.
    Maynard must not like city then lol.

Every time Tool is here we mosh, he talks between sets, and the band just has fun. I remember the last time they came here they all came out to the stage when the lights were on and told us the show was canceled. He said just kidding and thanked all of us for coming out and rocked the place. Love Tool live \:D/
    Tool

Maynard must not like city then lol.

Every time Tool is here we mosh, he talks between sets, and the band just has fun. I remember the last time they came here they all came out to the stage when the lights were on and told us the show was canceled. He said just kidding and thanked all of us for coming out and rocked the place. Love Tool live \:D/

that wouldnt surprise me. I would imagine touring gets tiring after a while. Perhaps I always saw him on the tail end of his tours?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Lamb of God
    Naw, he just loves and hates certain cities. Just ask Brennan :))
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer

Naw, he just loves and hates certain cities. Just ask Brennan :))

I don't know anything. Leave me out of this.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Other (Please Specify)
    At least it's not like the real boards where when the official lineup is announced, the boards get flooded with new fanboys of the headliners. I remember the first Mayhem when the majority of the board had any combination of Disturbed and Slipknot in their name.
    image Photobucket