Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Torrenting Thread

Comments

• DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    i've only ever used thepiratebay, but i dont really do too much on there. know nothing about those ip address blockers or whatever. dont get movies, just occasional albums, a few discographies. since my school is so good at figuring out when people are downloading i havent done it lately, so whatever, not a big deal..
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    anyone have an invite for a private tracker that's good for music? I'm on one that's good for movies but really doesn't have that much in the music area
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Santana said:

anyone have an invite for a private tracker that's good for music? I'm on one that's good for movies but really doesn't have that much in the music area

There are two sites that are kings of music as far as having everything you could want in any format you'd ever want it in. The problem with both sites though is that it's very difficult to maintain ratio. Especially for those into metal. I can invite you however you need to be careful with your ratio.

1. read the rules especially the minimum ratio requirements (like as long as you have less than 2Gb downloaded you arent required to have a ratio. but 2GB-??GB you are required to have .2 ratio.

2. You need to make sure you don't download something unless after downloading you wont be in a ratio trouble. Ie... if you have 1.99 GB downloaded with a ratio of 0.00... Do not download anything else until your ratio is at least 0.3. You need to make sure you always stay above the minimum ratio or you will get booted from the site.

3. On the main page they always offer some sucky album that is freeleech. Always download that asap. You will get a lot of upload from that and it will help you maintain a buffer.

4. if you have trouble not getting any upload, PM me and ill set you right.

Still interested?
    hmm possibly interested. I wonder if it'll be hard to keep that ratio. my ratio on the movie/tv site i'm on now is a 2.3 but I'm wondering if your site tracks ratio a little differently cause the site i'm on requires at least a 1.0 ratio. or i'm just reading everything wrong and not figuring this out lol
    No... it doesnt track the ratio any different. ratio is always defined as Upload/Download. So if you upload 5 GB and download 2.5 GB then your ratio would be 2.0. The hard part is that when you download something, you probably wont be able to seed it back to 1.0 because everyone already has it. However.... they do have some free content. And on the main page every week or so they have a featured album that is also free. If you download the free album you will get GB's of upload credit. Then you just download the albums you want not worrying about having to seed it back to 1.0. Also... The required ratio isnt that bad either.... here is the requirements:

Download (Up to) - Require Ratio
    5 GB - 0.0
    15 GB - 0.15
    30 GB - 0.25
    45 GB - 0.30
    60 GB - 0.35
    100 GB - 0.40
    125 GB - 0.45
    125+ GB - 0.50

ie.... if you download 15 GB's of albums then you must have uploaded 1.5 GB of data. Really not all that difficult to do especially with the free content.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    anyone know any good sites for ebook torrents?
    imageimage

No... it doesnt track the ratio any different. ratio is always defined as Upload/Download. So if you upload 5 GB and download 2.5 GB then your ratio would be 2.0. The hard part is that when you download something, you probably wont be able to seed it back to 1.0 because everyone already has it. However.... they do have some free content. And on the main page every week or so they have a featured album that is also free. If you download the free album you will get GB's of upload credit. Then you just download the albums you want not worrying about having to seed it back to 1.0. Also... The required ratio isnt that bad either.... here is the requirements:

Download (Up to) - Require Ratio
    5 GB - 0.0
    15 GB - 0.15
    30 GB - 0.25
    45 GB - 0.30
    60 GB - 0.35
    100 GB - 0.40
    125 GB - 0.45
    125+ GB - 0.50

ie.... if you download 15 GB's of albums then you must have uploaded 1.5 GB of data. Really not all that difficult to do especially with the free content.

ahhh I gotcha. well i'm interested :D
    Santana said:

ahhh I gotcha. well i'm interested :D

PM me your gmail address and i'll invite you today.

anyone know any good sites for ebook torrents?

Honestly im not sure it really exists. I know of a couple ebook sites, however they have so much pdf content of shit you'd never want, and very little epub ebooks you actually want. Honestly I dont get it. Seems like with how popular tablets are, more people would be into this. I am only on one site, and I can't invite you as I don't have the stats to invite, nor do I care to build up my stats to that level cause the site sucks.

There is anther site I was going to join soon to see if they are any better. If they are better and I get stats, ill invite you. Probably wont be for a while though
    edited January 2013
    demonoid had no problem with ebooks and KAT is good but i cannot find this series anywhere
    imageimage
    can anyone tell me what peer block is and why i should have it?
    imageimage

demonoid had no problem with ebooks and KAT is good but i cannot find this series anywhere

yeah demonoid was the best for ebooks.

Peerblock is a piece of software that doesnt allow your computer to connect to IP address of known MPAA/RIAA/etc. Is it good to have? Defiantly can't hurt. Does it help you not get busted? idk... probably not. My guess is those trying to do the busting, know all about peer block and dont do their busting with peerblocked IP's.
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep

Peerblock is a very effective IP blocker that hides your IP address and also block P2Ps (the people who are looking to bust anyone for pirating). If you want to download more safely I suggest you get that.
    meh requires too much work
    imageimage

Peerblock is a very effective IP blocker that hides your IP address and also block P2Ps (the people who are looking to bust anyone for pirating). If you want to download more safely I suggest you get that.
    I doubt it. The RIAA/MPAA arent so stupid to not know about Peerblock, so it likely does nothing.

Granted I use it. But I really only use it because it is built into my torrent client. My torrent client rules! \m/
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Wake just sounds like an affiliate. How much are they paying you under the table?

Im not saying people shoudn't use peerblock, just saying I wouldnt get too confident in it saving your ass.