Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Tournament - Song of the Year 2012 - (VOTE!!!!)

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod

If I wanna listen to crappy mindless pop music, I prefer mine to be in the form of a hot chick singing it.

You listen to Britney Spears though. :-j
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LAXdef16 said:

LAXdef16 said:

Be'lakor wins

you guys are boring, Branch out sometime.
    I don't even think people listen to the songs. (If you do, then kudos to you)
    I listen to all of them. This is my way of branching out. I hoping to find some cool songs that I haven't discovered yet this year. That awful fun song isn't exactly branching out when they are nominated for 6 grammys doe. If I wanna listen to crappy mindless pop music, I prefer mine to be in the form of a hot chick singing it.
    I can dig that. Not only girls can do pop music doe. [-(
    Belieber?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

LAXdef16 said:

LAXdef16 said:

Be'lakor wins

I listen to all of them. This is my way of branching out. I hoping to find some cool songs that I haven't discovered yet this year. That awful fun song isn't exactly branching out when they are nominated for 6 grammys doe. If I wanna listen to crappy mindless pop music, I prefer mine to be in the form of a hot chick singing it.
    I can dig that. Not only girls can do pop music doe. [-(
    Belieber?
    Yes! And 1D, 90's boy bands, etc. :x
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:

Telos.

And what the hell mc added an extra to the one song lol

where?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    BTBAM 5
    Death Grips 2
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Fuck that beiber chick
    imageimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    mrAPE said:

Telos.

And what the hell mc added an extra to the one song lol

LAXdef16 said:

Fun.

Fun. - 2
    Be'lakor - 0

Be'lakor

mrAPE said:

Fun

fun-3
    be'lakor-1

Fun

fun-3
    be'lakor-2

These were the votes, I missed some.

LAX, Wake, you, and the vegetable
    Fun. - 4

Me, Dawn, and Jay
    Be'lakor - 3
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    BTBAM 5
    Death Grips 3

Wake mad. Hacker is probably the most unique "branched out" song out on this list and that fun song is typical verse-chorus-chorus-chorus bullshit. Plus you also thre in Gangam style, a song that's ony popular because the stupid music video that the most viewed thing on YouTube. You're really branching out! 8-}
    I've been addicted to Gangnam Style all semester.

Props to Slap, though. I really liked that song and had to vote for it.
    edited December 2012
    That nigga Jay getting noided with Death Grips! \m/
  • MetalSSlayerMetalSSlayer Posts: 6,164 destroyer of motherfuckers
    BTBAM 6
    Death Grips 3
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

LAXdef16 said:

Be'lakor wins

Im just tired of the same old boring death/black/etc metal over and over again. I swear the amount of creativity happening in this scene is stagnate. Even great bands like Gojira are just recycling and repeating the same shit... and it gets boring. I'd just like to see bands doing something a little more original.

Fun is not pop. They are an Indie band, that has had some main stream success. They sound nothing like the other top 10 pop bands, nor are they just recycling and repeating shit that was done before them.

I am not even their biggest fan. I just like them because they are doing something different.
    Are they popular? Then they're pop if you wanna get technical. If you want a new direction in metal then make a band and make it happen.
    imageimage

Be'lakor wins

I think about 95% of the people on here do "branch out" to other music. I can't think of one person off hand that strictly listens 100% metal. We all just don't necessarily branch out to whatever VH1 or the grammys tell us to listen to.
    I couldnt tell by this list. One of the most boring list of songs I've seen in a while. Im tired of unoriginal songs like be'lakor that sounds the same as what Dark Tranquility and At the Gates was doing twenty years ago. Boring.
    We Are Young isn't any more original than anything else on that list....

Wake mad. Hacker is probably the most unique "branched out" song out on this list and that fun song is typical verse-chorus-chorus-chorus bullshit. Plus you also thre in Gangam style, a song that's ony popular because the stupid music video that the most viewed thing on YouTube. You're really branching out! 8-}

Im not going to vote for Gangam style. That was more of a joke, cause the song is everywhere. I can't stand it honestly. It's really almost as bad as The Macarena.

All Im saying is I'd like to see some originality in metal. And for the most part 2012 has been an awful year. I've yet to listen to a metal album this year where I was like "holy shit! they havent released a better album then this! Best (insert metal album here) of the decade!)." The last time I really loved a metal album was probably From Mars to Sirius, or Colors, or maybe Crack the Skye. And don't misunderstand me- Im not saying there havent been albums where I was like "that's decent"... There just havent been any albums in the last couple years that were amazing.

Are they popular? Then they're pop if you wanna get technical. If you want a new direction in metal then make a band and make it happen.

So metallica is now pop music. That's your definition.
    Pop is a shortened version of the word popular you know..
    And Metallica is the most popular and well known metal band even though they're more hard rock these days imo
    imageimage