Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Here it is... Decibel's Top 40 Albums of 2012

13»

Comments

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    The high part of the list was pretty 8-|

It wasn't bad overall though. I'm surprised they didn't include Alcest. They gave it a 9 earlier in the year. I'm personally fine with them excluding BTBAM. Future Sequence was disappointment of the year by far.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

so is clutch stoner rock/metal?, because i like to listen to clutch when i get stoned

yea man def
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Clutch gets filed under "awesome". Don't lump them in with that stoner rock shit
    i dont consider stoner rock to be a negative title tho
    Not yet. But I can guarantee it will be soon. Trust me on this one. I'm seeing the same pattern with stoner rock that I saw with grunge, alt-metal (nu-metal), melodeath and metalcore. They all began in earnest and turned into a bunch of fags with silly haircuts. Stoner rock is right on the cusp of turning into something really gay and annoying. It happens with just about everything. There was a time when Roadrunner Records was a respected death metal label, now they have Nickelback. Ozzy used to be known for biting heads off bats, now he's known for doing commercials with the Biebs. You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^^ pretty much what I was trying to say
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:

They all began in earnest and turned into a bunch of fags with silly haircuts

This is so true it nearly made me cry.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    i mean yeah their are some stoner metal bands that are nothing amazing or anything.. but i really cant name bands in the genre that i could say I am embarrassed by or anything like that
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:

You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

This fucking guy :))
    edited November 2012
    NolaMetal said:

i mean yeah their are some stoner metal bands that are nothing amazing or anything.. but i really cant name bands in the genre that i could say I am embarrassed by or anything like that

While I agree with that as it applies to the music, the fans are already there. Hipster douches spending freshman year getting stoned gravitate to stoner metal. I think the next wave of albums from the established stoner bands will show you which ones are "going for the gold". Then you will see a bunch of poseur stoner shit get shoved down your throats by major labels that think there's a buck to be made. Genre nobodies with no credibility on their first big tours will suddenly fly the stoner metal flag on corporate rock fests like mayhem and warped. It's a pattern I've seen a few times now. Get ready for stoner metal to be a lot more "melodic" :))
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Melodic Stonercore
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Christian melodic stonercore....

thats not a cross, thats two joints
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:

Hipster douches

The Red Fang show was littered with flannel wearing hipsters. Had me pretty confused.
  • doomslayer1doomslayer1 Posts: 51 salt miner
    SATAN said:

NolaMetal said:

While I agree with that as it applies to the music, the fans are already there. Hipster douches spending freshman year getting stoned gravitate to stoner metal. I think the next wave of albums from the established stoner bands will show you which ones are "going for the gold". Then you will see a bunch of poseur stoner shit get shoved down your throats by major labels that think there's a buck to be made. Genre nobodies with no credibility on their first big tours will suddenly fly the stoner metal flag on corporate rock fests like mayhem and warped. It's a pattern I've seen a few times now. Get ready for stoner metal to be a lot more "melodic" :))
    I've seen the pattern too and I can only hope stoner metal doesn't go down the toilet. If it does, and I do like stoner metal, it's not my favorite but I really do like it, if they become what you are saying fuck them, move on. There's plenty of great metal coming out, if a band wants to sell out, fuck them, move on. You haven't lost a damn thing.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers

SATAN said:

Hipster douches

The Red Fang show was littered with flannel wearing hipsters. Had me pretty confused.
    It's only because PBR is the only beer at Rubber Gloves.
    I understand what satan is saying but i guess i honestly just dont see with soner metal.. i mean we will see in years to come but i dont think its gonna happen like they think it is..i could be wrong tho..
    NolaMetal said:

I understand what satan is saying but i guess i honestly just dont see with soner metal.. i mean we will see in years to come but i dont think its gonna happen like they think it is..i could be wrong tho..

I hope you are right.