Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

People who illegally download music, buy 30% more music then those who don't

124»

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • doomslayer1doomslayer1 Posts: 51 salt miner
    I think one thing you need to remember is how no telling how many of the earlier metal bands first became known-underground tape trading. I was very involved in that, what I liked I bought. as did the people I traded with. Put together lp's cd's the tapes, I easily have several thousand all together. I love metal, that's what kicks me in the ass and keeps me going. Metal fans will buy what they like, and the underground in the 80's is the best example of that. Do you think Exodus or Slayer or even Metallica were heavily advertised or pushed? No. Those are some of the best known examples but there are so many other bands that if it weren't for tape trading we would never have known about them. Give metal fans a chance, we are much more dedicated to our music than pussy pop or rock rock fans are. Think about everything before you think something will limit or cut down on metal albums sold. And no, I don't download albums, wonder how many more I would have bought if I had though.

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Illegal downloading isn't just people in the metal community though
    imageimage
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh look its this thread again
  • doomslayer1doomslayer1 Posts: 51 salt miner

Illegal downloading isn't just people in the metal community though

True, and I can't say anything about people outside of the metal community because I don't know, but I do and have known so many people in the metal community that I feel I can comment there.