Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Resume

2»

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    lol my bad....its my buddys birthday and we decided to have a vida games and joint mash up ....thought i had posted it in the last one haha
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Another resume, another step in the right direction. Here's some stuff I caught that still needs to be fixed.

1) Quiznos and Meijer have a "-" before it. The 2 places after it do not.
    2) Having this in Word confirmed the font color inconsistency. It appears some of it is in Normal font setting (Ex: Bullets under Meijer) while some of it is in Strong font setting (Ex: Bullets under Speedway). This is what makes some of the font color look black and others look like a grey. Also, this font setting is what makes the Education and Objective headers look different from the Work History header.
    3) Under Education, there should be a comma between Grandville and Michigan as to separate the city/state. It might be beneficial to have the high school on one line, city/state under it and under that have the graduation year.
    4) Still some spelling errors (Ex: Under objective, you misspelled Individual and you didn't spell machine right where it says Machine Operator) Fuck it.. Merchandise was spelled wrong too.
    5) Where it says sandwich artist, capitalize the A in artist to keep it consistent with how you cap'd the first letter of every work in your other job titles.
    6) I see at least one spacing error with a comma and no space between a word.
    7) At least one punctuation error (Hint: Under Machine operator)
    8) Spacing between Quiznos and the hiring date is not consistent with the rest of the jobs and the spacing between them and the hiring date.
    9) It probably won't make a huge difference, but all the bullet points stick to one line besides one under Meijer. For me, it looks a tad bit out of line, but again, it probably wont make too much of a difference in the end.

Enough error pointing out.. I really like how you integrated the profile and the objective. Well done there. Good job shortening this out. Fix it up again with what I found and whatever anyone else finds and come back at us for another proofread. Remember, keep asking yourself: Is this the best representation of you?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    lol sandwhich artist
    lol i know...thats what they call it lol \m/
    thanks jag...i never expect to get someone to put that much effort into helping out \m/
    No prob. A resume is one of the most important things your will draft up in your life. Any help from the people around you goes a long way.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep
    edited October 2012
    Here are some things I saw. I'm trying not to repeat the things that Jag said already, but if I do, sorry!

1) In your address at the top, when you abbreviate Michigan, it should be MI instead of Mi. Also, in the phone number, put a space between the area code that's in parentheses and the rest of the number.

2) In your objective, the first part is a fragment and should be written as a complete sentence. Also, your "items in a series" are not written in a parallel format. Maybe try this: “I am seeking the opportunity to grow with a company that will allow me to utilize my skills in organization, customer service, and effective communication."

3) Also, hard-working should have a hyphen, individual is spelled wrong (should be individual), and I would suggest saying “with great customer service skills and manufacturing experience" for the sake of clarity and parallelism.

4) Under Work History/Experience, I think you should format your workplace names and dates worked there a bit differently. Especially the date format. I would suggest putting the name of the place, followed by a colon, followed by the date. Also, I think typing out the date would look more professional. (For example: (Quiznos: August 2005-August 2006) Also, I don't think the word "sub" is necessary after Quiznos.

5) On your job titles underneath the name of the company, I would leave off the colon altogether and simply underline each one.

6) Also under work history/experience, greeting is spelled wrong, as are equipment, machine, merchandise, and prepared.

This version is a great improvement from the last! You are definitely getting there! Formatting a resume is never easy, especially when you have to include so much information on one page. Just keep working at it! :-bd
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    My god, I wish you guys would have been around to help proof read mine lol. It went through at least a dozen revisions before I got it right and you guys would probably still find things I missed. It's great to see people really take the time to help somebody who has shown that they want it and will act on it. Just when I was starting to lose all hope for this forum too.

\m/
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Nice add ons, Lea. Some I missed due to focusing on what was corrected from the first batch.

If someone is willing to exhibit they are reading what we suggest with a revised product, Ill keep helping.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    a example resume for you that may be helpful

ill be putting some work into it again this weekend with your second list's of advice....i wanted to get it done this week but i have been busy unfortunately