Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Maryland Deathfest Thread***

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    How much are individual days normally?
    inb4lists
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

I spent around 800 last year, I think. I think I'm only going to go to a few days this year though, I might not be able to swing all 4.

My friend is supposed to be getting a tent this year to sell shirts. If that happens, I get to go for free in exchange for setting up the tent and working it for a few hours. I'd still get to drink all day and night, get out of the sun, have a vip wristband.. I'm heavily considering taking the dude up on the offer.
    Lucky bitch.
    inb4lists
    Unless it's changed since my VIP in 2010, there really isn't much perk other than watching from side of the stages.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm going just for bolt thrower
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    And to cuddle with jag ;;)
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    We can drink Jack n Root Beer all day erryday
    Mmmm.. root beer.
    inb4lists
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Not a fan of jack
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    It'll be nice to see you again Jag! >:D<

Also, thinking of going all four days this time. If not, I'll for sure be there Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. \m/
    imageimage
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip

Not a fan of jack

faggot

How much are individual days normally?

$40-$50

In any case, taking around $600 with me, got a free place to stay, and already got my money saved up for the 4 day pass. Gonna fucking rule! CARCASS!
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dates to mark on your calendar:

October 2 - We'll post the info about where MDF XI will take place.

October 9 - The final confirmed bands will be announced.

October 15 - Tickets will go on sale. It is likely that only multi-day passes will go on sale on this date. We're in the process of determining who will play on each day, which could take until the end of October. As soon as a list of bands for each day is posted, single day tickets will go on sale as well.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    \m/
    I love winning with women
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    We're a day early with this announcement, but we can finally let you know where MDF XI will be taking place.

In a nutshell, we will be returning to the property formerly known as Sonar, and will be at least doubling the amount of outside space that we've been used to utilizing. We realize that it's a bit of a mind fuck to wait around for a few months just to hear that the fest is returning to the same place, but truth be told, the other places we looked at were either not able to give us a definite answer anytime soon, and/or had too many inconveniences that we did not want to put the fans through. During the venue search, it was brought to our attention that the new owners of the property were willing to collaborate with us, so we decided to go through with returning to a familiar place that is close to the hotels and conveniences of downtown Baltimore.

The additional space outside will allow us to comfortably accommodate the crowd, and will a
    llow more room for the MDF vendor village, food vendors/food trucks, places to sit, and other new additions like misting tents to escape the possibility of it being hotter than it should be that weekend. There will be two outside stages plus the stage inside. Due to the new configuration outside, the placement of the outside stages will likely be different.
    As for the building itself, there are some renovations currently taking place, but the rooms will be used exactly how they have been in the past, and it will be air conditioned throughout.

We would also like to announce the addition of a second inside stage at Baltimore Soundstage, which is a 1/2 mile walk away from the former Sonar (at 124 Market Place), and will be used from Friday-Sunday. This will be a smaller show without a barricade that will feature mostly hardcore and punk bands, and it will be scheduled in a way that should not conflict with anything going on at the former Sonar compound. All of the bands for this stage will be included in next week's announcement on October 9th.
    Saw that. Booking hotel this week. 8 more months!
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    jag said:

Saw that. Booking hotel this week. 8 more months!

How much is your hotel usually, Jag? I need a cheaper place to stay than last year. :))
    imageimage
    edited October 2012
    I've been lucky to score hotels for as low as $100 a night and I've never paid more than $120 a night. Add in taxes and then divide that by 5-6 people in my room and I'm usually paying roughly $100 for my 4 days. This year were paying more for the convenience of not walking up a hill and being across the street.

MDF used to hook up with one of the hotels and have a special rate but they haven't done it the last 2 years.

It's rough due to that being Memorial Day weekend and theres always a lacrosse tourney going on so the prices are jacked.

Edit: Wine has stayed at the Hostel the last 2 years. It's pretty cheap and he seems to like it.
    Hell, we might just sleep in the van Lol
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Bianca, we should look into booking our room when I get there in December.
    I love winning with women