Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Best year of MAYHEM

2»

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I've enjoyed my times at mayhem more than ozzfest. I liked the way the second stage and timing was done better at ozzfest but each year I've just had more fun with mayhem
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

I still stick to Ozzfest was the same shit as Mayhem, and if it wasnt for "nostalgia" you'd realize it too.

We've been through this doe. Talk to me when Mayhem gets a band like Mastodon during their Leviathan cycle, a thriving Pantera, Tool, Neurosis, etc. Plus Sabbath > All the Mayhem headliners combined.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2014

I still stick to Ozzfest was the same shit as Mayhem, and if it wasnt for "nostalgia" you'd realize it too.

That's not it at all. Nostalgia my ass..........Ozzfest had all of those bands at their peaks. They had them when they released their best albums and before they went to shit. Hell you can even say the same about KSE, ATR, Trivium, LoG, etc.,
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    yeah, if mayhem were as on-point as ozzfest was, they would've already been all over the stoner metal and thrash revival stuff. they're just tossing a bunch of ozzfest retreads in with that faggy core shit that nobody will care about in 5 years. who have mayhem grown themselves? nobody. all the bands that got a major spike from playing mayhem usually fell by the wayside before their next albums came out. and i don't count 5fdp because motograter played ozzfest, too.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Fuck i want to see ETID live again.
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Mayhems lineup this year is just gonna be abysmal...

I wonder if in five years if they're will be a new touring metal festival

Metal really needs some new blood at the very top tho.. Pretty slim pickins