Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Still considering not seeing Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza?

Comments

• monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Voices are instruments. I thought this was common sense.
    I understand that it is. Just to me I just view it differently. Call me stupid, a dumb bitch, uneducated cunt or whatever else..doesn't matter to me
    Lol. I don't talk like that...

But if you say so. You ignorant twat. :p

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    so someone doin underarm fake farts is a muscian too then

8-|

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I understand that it is. Just to me I just view it differently. Call me stupid, a dumb bitch, uneducated cunt or whatever else..doesn't matter to me
    Lol. I don't talk like that...

But if you say so. You ignorant twat. :p

I know you don't but others on here love to given the opportunity :p

Catz <_>
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Dawn=buttsechz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

8-|
    If they can hit different pitches and create a cohesive melody, sure.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker

8-|
    If they can hit different pitches and create a cohesive melody, sure.
    naw man technically they would still be a bad musician but still a musician regardless of their note hitting ablities
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this shit got derailed quickly.

1. anything can be used to make music
    2. xo is just another flavor-of-the-week artist. he might have had a chance, but as soon as drake's ship sinkis, he's going down with it
    3. the tony clufetos drum solo is just a 5 minute piss break for a bunch of old men...and a slap to the face
    4. why does anyone give a shit what erik says anymore? if he wants to waste a bunch of money going to a festival to see some nobody, that's his choice. i'm sure theres a ton of other hipsters there that'll prolly skip sabbath too. that's what they get for playing lollapalooza
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    This thread has given me a headache.
    inb4lists
    So far, so good! This is when the drama begins. For the first time, somebody involved with the Sabbath camp released a detailed response to Bill Ward. That somebody is bassist Geezer Butler, who posted this statement on his official website:

I feel sad to see the Sabbath reunion becoming a bit of a soap opera on the internet. It has been a very tough year for us as a band, having announced our reunion plans, only for Tony to be diagnosed with lymphoma, leaving us no choice but to postpone the proposed Sabbath tour, and then for Bill to go public on his site about an un-signable contract. None of us knew how Tony was going to respond to his intensive chemo therapy, and radiotherapy. Ozzy and myself flew to England to be with Tony, and on his “good” days, we’d meet at his home studio and put ideas together for the upcoming album, all sitting down together, no drummer involved, just 3 of us quietly putting together ideas. We thought that when we had enough songs together for a full band rehearsal, we’d move back to L.A and put the whole thing together with Bill. Unfortunately, to our surprise, Bill issued a statement on his site saying he’d been offered an un-signable contract. He hadn’t told any one of us he was having contractual problems, and frankly those things are worked out between our representatives, and never between the four of us let alone in public. We had the idea of keeping just one show in this year, hoping that Tony would be well enough for that show, and that things with Bill would be sorted. As you may expect, a one off show at Donnington Festival (Download) costs an absolute fortune to stage, involving over 50 people, transport, air fares, hotels, meals, agents, promotors, accountants, lawyers etc, so none of us, expected to make much money from it-it was a one off Sabbath show for the fans, before we go into recording the new album. Apparently, this wasn’t acceptable to Bill’s representatives, they wanted an amount that was so unrealistic that it seemed to have been a joke. So we resigned ourselves to doing Download without Bill, hoping he’d change his mind and at least make a guest appearance. We started rehearsals a few weeks ago with Tommy Cluefetos, the drummer who will be on the Ozzy and Friends Tour. Brilliant drummer and good bloke. It was decided we’d better do a warm up show, to break the ice since we haven’t played together live. The O2 Academy was available in Birmingham, where we were rehearsing, so we decided on that, and to make a donation to Help For Heroes Charity, since we’d be ironing out any glitches we may have. Then Bill put out a further statement saying he’d been ready to play the Birmingham show , but he was expected to have to do it “for free”- well, I think that’s basically how you raise money from gigs for charity – you play them “for free”.

All I am saying is that there are two sides to everything. I do hope to play with Bill again some day. For whatever reason; it wasn’t meant to be this time. Bill’s made his decision, and I have to respect that. Hopefully this painful year will be worth the wait for the new Sabbath album and end in joy and happiness for all.

Stay frosty, Geezer

I've been saying all along there are two sides to this story, and noto to quickly jump on the Ward bandwagon, and I'm glad to see that Sabbath aren't the evil money grubbers that some people may think they are. Being the internet maven he is, you just KNEW that Bill Ward wasn't going to sit idle while finally getting a response from his ex-girlfriend former bandmate. He quickly responded with this long winded (seriously, this is getting tiring) blog:

Dear Sabbath Fans and Musicians,

I have read Geezer’s statement of May 19, 2012 titled “Heavy Heart.” Out of respect for the Birmingham gig, I wanted to wait 24 hours before releasing this statement. There are some points he brought up which I want to respond to.

1) I had indeed notified Ozzy, Tony and Geezer, well before my first public statement, that I was having contractual difficulties.

2) I came out into a public forum to be accountable to the fans primarily, and to say at a public level there’s a problem. The band members stopped talking and corresponding with me some time ago, with the exception of a nice letter from Tony on my birthday. Prior to that, Geezer and I were corresponding, but that stopped abruptly in late February after I emailed a specific question to him.

3) In my statement of May 15, I clearly stated I would play Birmingham for free. That was not a problem – charity or otherwise.

4) My Download fee was not an extravagant amount. Originally, when Download was part of a full tour, I had asked for a decent fee. More recently, as we were negotiating just Download/Birmingham and Lollapalooza, I told my attorney that I would accept the proposed small Download fee, but there were other parts of the offer that were unsatisfactory.

I will continue to be honest and respectful towards the band and our fans. I will also confront any untruths about me, and any fault finding missions aimed at me that come to my attention.

I hope the band and the fans had a good gig in Brum.

Stay safe/stay strong. Bill Ward
    imageimage
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    this shit got derailed quickly.

1. anything can be used to make music
    2. xo is just another flavor-of-the-week artist. he might have had a chance, but as soon as drake's ship sinkis, he's going down with it
    3. the tony clufetos drum solo is just a 5 minute piss break for a bunch of old men...and a slap to the face
    4. why does anyone give a shit what erik says anymore? if he wants to waste a bunch of money going to a festival to see some nobody, that's his choice. i'm sure theres a ton of other hipsters there that'll prolly skip sabbath too. that's what they get for playing lollapalooza
    You're a fucking moron. A: He's far from a nobody. B: Drake's at the top of the Hip Hop game and isn't sinking anytime soon, and XO's success isn't dependent on Drake. XO is completely his own monster at this point. For good examples, Drake came up 'cause of Weezy, Kanye came up 'cause of Hova. You think if either Weezy or Hov's careers ended, that Drake or Kanye would just be forgotten? Fucking moron. As usual, you talk ignorantly with no clue what you're trying to say. Big fat old man just wants to always be right over the "little boy".
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I didn't enter this thread because I didn't give a fuck, but saw Erik last posted, so that meant shit popped off.

And this

I didn't enter this thread because I didn't give a fuck, but saw Erik last posted, so that meant shit popped off.

And this

We've gone over dis nigga
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    dont confrontz meh [-(

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    never heard a XO song in my life thank god.. esp if hes rollin' wit the degrassi wheelchair fag
    ^Ignorance at it's finest.
    he's right. drake is a joke. you look like a little kid when you talk about him the way you do, erik. to deny that hip hop/pop/rnb fans are fickle is silly. i don't see anyone mourning ja rule or 50 cent. they used to be on top, too. they both had affiliates that ended up getting dragged down with them when they fell off. same goes for just about every other overblown pop-rap clown. being down with master p fashionable in '98, but it's more likely to get the door closed in your face at the studio now. thinking your beloved drizzy and his disciples will somehow transcend that fate is naive.
    Wayne did it. Drake will too. You clearly don't pay attention to Hip Hop and how truly on top he is right now. And he's not even my absolute favorite to the point where I'm sucking his dick and siding with him no matter what, it's just the truth. Same with Weezy, barely like him, and he's so shaky now it's not even funny, can release a dope ass track, but it's a rarity, but the truth is, he's on top just like Drizzy, and will be around for quite a bit.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    You clearly don't pay attention to Hip Hop
    :|
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Mental note....Tim needs to change forum name to Hip Hop Uprising