Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Still considering not seeing Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza?

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    O but datz cuz u a retard.

Stupid ass broad.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    No, because intruments make music. Opera singers can accomplish that but it's still voice..not a guitar or violin. It's silly to me that anyone can think of a voice as a musical instrument like, as I said, a violin, guitar, etc. Just like how it was silly you came in here looking for an argument
    imageimage
    No. Voices, when singing, make melodies, notes, keys, pitches, etc. all things an instrument does, dumbass. And a lot of singers can read and write Music. They most definitely are Musicians. In your retarded ass definition, Drummers aren't Musicians because their instruments don't make notes or Music, just rhythms.
    No. Voices, when singing, make melodies, notes, keys, pitches, etc. all things an instrument does, dumbass. And a lot of singers can read and write Music. They most definitely are Musicians. In your retarded ass definition, Drummers aren't Musicians because their instruments don't make notes or Music, just rhythms.
    I know voices can make notes/keys but I don't consider the shit an instrument. Everyone has a voice. I also know alot of singers can read and write music but that's not what you were talking about. Drummers are playing an instrument so yes, they're musicians to me. If you don't like it then tough shit..cry and call me a cunt then
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    You're a fucking retard. XO isn't Music now? AHAHAHAHA Alright. I'm done son. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
    That wasn't the point he was making, Erik...
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    If you don't think a voice is an instrument, you're stupid. Anything that can hit pitches is an instrument.
    If you don't think a voice is an instrument, you're stupid. Anything that can hit pitches is an instrument.
    Thank you. Not gonna pay attention to stupid cunts who don't have the slightest clue about Music.
    I have never thought of a voice as an instrument, sue me
    imageimage
    Well it's one thing to have not thought of it as an insturment and another thing to deny it is an instrument. I wouldn't blame somebody who doesn't have musical knowledge for not thinking that way, but to deny it after people make points as to why the voice is an instrument is dumb.

As Erik pointed out, singers use their voices to create melodies by hitting pitches/notes. If you can use anything to create a melody, it's an instrument. In fact, one could argue that the voice was the first instrument. I'm fairly sure people were singing before they figured out how to make instruments.
    edited May 2012
    Well it's one thing to have not thought of it as an insturment and another thing to deny it is an instrument. I wouldn't blame somebody who doesn't have musical knowledge for not thinking that way, but to deny it after people make points as to why the voice is an instrument is dumb.

As Erik pointed out, singers use their voices to create melodies by hitting pitches/notes. If you can use anything to create a melody, it's an instrument. In fact, one could argue that the voice was the first instrument. I'm fairly sure people were singing before they figured out how to make instruments.
    I've known since I was little voices create this and that while singing. But I've never considered or have ever thought of it as an instrument in the same sense of violins, guitars, pianos, etc. I know that it technically is taking music classes in high school and being part of chorus...but I still don't see it as one. Call me weird, idc
    imageimage
    Okay then. What is it that seperates a piano and a voice as instruments?
    edited May 2012
    WUN IS A PART OF UR BAHDEE AND NOT ECKWIPMINT HUR DUR.
    Okay then. What is it that seperates a piano and a voice as instruments?
    Why do you even care to know? If I would have thought this would have turned into a huge deal I wouldn't have said anything in the first place. But I forgot everything is a big deal on this forum.
    To me everyone has a voice and can sing, just not everyone can sound appealing to the ear. I always considered singers as singers/artists and would only add musician if they could play a musical instrument such as the piano. When it comes to the technical sense both are an instrument since if the person can sing right they can achieve the same notes/keys. I understand that a voice is an instrument to the world.but to me that's silly. Because then almost everyone's a musician including myself. You can make fun of me for my take and thoughts on this matter, doesn't matter to me
    imageimage
    Everyone can sing.......

#-O #-O #-O

Don't even carry it on with her anymore Slap. Someone please put a bullet through this bitch's head.
    Do it yourself, faggot

I said everyone can sing, but not everyone can sound appealing to the ear. Pretty much anyone can hit certain notes with their voice
    imageimage
    Why? Because I'm bored and want to have a conversation. And this little argument/debate caught my interest.

I see your point that it seems silly to consider the voice an instrument because then you can consider everybody a musician. That's understandable. But the thing that seperates me and you(I'm just assuming you can't sing well because you used yourself as an example of somebody who isn't a musician because of the voice) from professional singers is that they actually know how to hit pitches correctly with their voice. They can hear a simple melody and sing it back in tune. And yes, their voice sounds good. But somebody might think anybody can do this. And that's true; with proper training, anybody can learn how to sing well. But that's the same with every instrument. If you give just anybody a guitar, chances are they won't be able to play it and couldn't make a simple melody with it. But if they take lessons, then they can. There really isn't much of a difference.
    Why? Because I'm bored and want to have a conversation. And this little argument/debate caught my interest.

I see your point that it seems silly to consider the voice an instrument because then you can consider everybody a musician. That's understandable. But the thing that seperates me and you(I'm just assuming you can't sing well because you used yourself as an example of somebody who isn't a musician because of the voice) from professional singers is that they actually know how to hit pitches correctly with their voice. They can hear a simple melody and sing it back in tune. And yes, their voice sounds good. But somebody might think anybody can do this. And that's true; with proper training, anybody can learn how to sing well. But that's the same with every instrument. If you give just anybody a guitar, chances are they won't be able to play it and couldn't make a simple melody with it. But if they take lessons, then they can. There really isn't much of a difference.
    I know that it technically is instrument when it comes down to it. But I've always felt weird lumping it in with everything else. So I've always thought of a singer as a singer and songwriter if they can do that as well. I lump in musician when they can play something. The reason I said everyone can sing is because I'm sure everyone can hit some sort of note. Don't take that the wrong way though like it's a guarentee everyone can. There are some people that sound better then the average person but shouldn't sing..such as Tila Tequila, Jennifer Love Hewitt, etc. Although when Jennifer sang she didn't sound that bad. I get that my thoughts on this are out of the box, possibly make little to no sense, and are weird which is why I never talk about this sort of thing. But when it comes to me though I have no idea if I can sing...I hate my voice even when I talk and cannot listen to it on any videos/recordings. You'd have to ask someone else who's heard me sing at some point.
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    no thats new age dictionary stuffvz [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Voices are instruments. I thought this was common sense.
    Voices are instruments. I thought this was common sense.
    I understand that it is. Just to me I just view it differently. Call me stupid, a dumb bitch, uneducated cunt or whatever else..doesn't matter to me
    imageimage