Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

SICKER THAN MOST

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anyone want to explain what exactly the conflict is here?
    People arw butthurt. The end. Why, I have no idea, lol.
    ayo doe, the preorder packages will only be available till tomorrow... If you got a few extra bucks and can order the CD, it would mean alot. Thanks! And thanks to those who already ordered! Fucking awesome!

http://sickerthanmost.stereokiller.com/
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Anyone want to explain what exactly the conflict is here?
    People arw butthurt. The end. Why, I have no idea, lol.
    But ........ meh, forget it. :-<
    inb4lists
    ayo doe, the preorder packages will only be available till tomorrow... If you got a few extra bucks and can order the CD, it would mean alot. Thanks! And thanks to those who already ordered! Fucking awesome!

http://sickerthanmost.stereokiller.com/
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Facefuck jelly as fuuuck
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    do you get any money from this George? My guess is no since you arent on it.... are you making a second album and how much would you get per album from that?
    No, tbh mooned really making any money off it unless we sell like a million albums. The money we do make just goes right back into the band, which is good so we don't have to take it out of pocket, like recording, band practice rent, equipment, merch, ect... If the album does well, they're gonna send us to Europe and hook us up with a contract to do 3 more albums. If that happens, then we'll see some money rolling in. So order the album people's! Thanks friends who ordered it!
    A 4/5 star review of hte No Dividing Lines album...

SICKER THAN MOST - NO DIVIDING LINES

New Jersey has made a name for itself over the years in the world of music, in all genres. In terms of tough hardcore they've been near the forefront. With the likes of Fury or Five, Clubber Lang, NJ Bloodline, etc. Sicker Than Most are here to stake their claim in this world.

Straight to the point, this shit is HEAVY as hell. It's a chugging downtuned beast of an album. From the opening notes to the last, they churn out some very mean songs. These tracks would fit in well with the Euro beatdown scene with the likes of Nasty, etc. Lyrically, it's along the lines of a lot of hardcore talking about brotherhood and their family. Honestly, this type of music is not something I listen to for lyrics. That's not to say the lyrics are awful by any means and that they don't come from their heart.

The whole album is not treading any new water, but for this style that's not necessary. Putting together good songs that are heavy and energetic. For the most part, Sicker Than Most accomplishes this. I do have a few minor gripe with the album. Some songs/parts drag a little too long; the opener for instance is like this. It loses a bit of impact for me. Some of the gang vocals lack energy and not as pissed sounding as the main vocals. In that regard, I do wish the vocals varied a little more. Like the vocals on Carry This Together. Perhaps he's a guest vocalist, but his style matched with the main singer comes across very well.

That song is actually one of my favorites on this release. Where We're At is another high point. It features a guest spot by James from Fury of Five. I don't care if his lyrics recall Fury lyrics, they suit the song well and the whole song hits hard as hell. The Real Thing was another highlight. The chorus got stuck in my head. For tough beatdown hardcore, these guys are doing it right. They state they wrote music to turn the dance floor into a warzone. I could see kids straight up murdering each other to these tracks. Click the link and check out the tracks. They're doing preorders exclusively through this site, so if you like what you hear make sure you support and pick it up!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/
    I told my dad like 100 times that our spot in Trenton was not the place for him to go, theres places in philly and NYC with balconys and shit he should go see us at, but my psycho stepmom made him come and "check out the place" so my brother and his friend could go. Basically shees just nuts and has to be in controlof everything. <_> ... anyway, the first band played called bottom line, like 5-10 people threw doen out of like the 200 in the room, my paranoid puss dad was like "that was the craziest thing I ever seen, you guys are fucking nuts, I'm out of here." and left. He came back when lifeless was playing and like everyone was throwing down, I seen him walk in the room and walk right out. Andrea was behind the counter selling our merch and told him he should leave hahahah.... it was fun and I had a blast with my little bro! Crews came out from NYC, Philly, SOuth Jersey, Long Island, Conneticut, Western PA, it was awesome. 0 fucks, organizes chaos and violence. I got punched in the head like a few times during Lifeless. Wisdom is more of like a sing along type Oi band with less breakdowns. SOme dude got hit during our set and went to the hospital, 16 stitches broken eye socket and broken nose, ouch... glad hees alright though. Some other dude got knocked out cold right where my fucking brother was standing, I almost shit myself I pushed through the crowd thankfully it wasnt him or his friend, I helped carry him out and everyone was trying to play paramedic, I was like fuck this I'm going back in , Wisdom is Killing it. I saw the dude staggering around later I guess hees ok, thankfully! I had such a good time! Apparently theres a video so I'll post it when I figure out where it is....

get this though (i dont even know who im talking to i guess whoever reads this) ....after the show, after we cleaned up and loaded our equipment I went home got here like 1230... like 130 my fucking door rings, its my dad and brother. They went home and my stepmonster was drunk and flipped out on my dad attacking his recovery from alcoholism, his religion and was being a nasty fucking cunt. She took my dads hone and hid it and wouldnt give it back to him, she tackled my brother and tried to take his phone but he held his ground and they left and came to crash at my house. She just cant get over the fact that my dad has another son and her kids are my brothers. I fucking hate her guts. I just want a peaceful relatiionship with them and she causes chaos. I told my dad last night hees got to leave her, this crazy shit them fighting, her blaming him for everything is just gonna fuck up the kids heads like it did mine. THey dont deserve it, they deserve better. I cant beleieve she was mad we all had a good time and she always ruins it cause shees not in control. SO glad i didnt invite her to my wedding and cut her dumbass out of my life. fuck her.

anyway, the CD release show was fucking awesome! Anyone who ordered CD's theyre are going out weds I think so you should have them by the weekend or latest Monday! I got a copy It sounds baller! thanks for the support! Cop a shirt or a CD if you didnt get one yet! *brohugs*
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2012
    im gonna vote for Sicker Than Most on next year's mayhem fest poll :-bd :-bd
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Lol thanks! I wonder if they even consider that list or are just like fucj it and gets bands.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    hey whats up wit the dood in ur pics that caNT OPEN ONE OF HIS EYES LOL
    He was born like that...
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    damn that sux now i feel bad cuz its funny
    People call him bandit, I guess cause of "One Eyed Bandit" lol... But I always tell people... "Yo I think bandit really likes you." And theyre like "Why?" ....and I say, "Cause he's always winking at you." =))
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkqe-XCitj0

fuckin bass was too loud, I kept turning it down each song... sometimes it sounds cool, but i def think its too loud.. I'm still tryna get used to my new head.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Hoods - the shows you go to sound like they're just an all in brawl?!