Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Juggalos Gang Murder

Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
edited April 2012 in Off Topic
5 in dismemberment case are part of 'gang'

URBANA —

Five people charged in the killing and dismembering a woman in Urbana identify themselves as members of a loose-knit group the FBI knows as a growing gang.

Kandis Forney and Andrew Forney, 25 and 26, both of Michigan; Matthew Puccio, 25, Christopher Wright, 37, and Sharon Cook, 25, all of Urbana, were arrested Saturday. They’re facing charges in the death of 21-year-old Jessica Rae Sacco, who was found in the bathroom of her apartment on 625 W. Light St. on Friday.

Champaign County Coroner Joshua Richards said an autopsy revealed that Sacco’s skin showed signs consistent with suffocation. She had also suffered a stab wound in her upper abdomen, although it was not a fatal injury.

Sacco was not pregnant, although there had been rumors that she was, Richards said.

A friend of Puccio and the Forneys said she and the others are part of the Juggalos, people known to like Insane Clown Posse and other Psychopathic Records hip hop groups. The friend, Linda, did not want her full name used to protect her identity.

Juggalos have been identified by the FBI as a loosely-organized hybrid gang that is rapidly growing across the U.S. According to the FBI, the group is somewhat transient in nature and its members are often involved in simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft and vandalism. Social networking has helped the group expand, according to the FBI.

Linda said she, Puccio, the Forneys, Cook and Wright are all Juggalos, but she said it was mostly for the love of the music. She described Sacco as being “on the outside” of the Juggalos group, although Sacco also associated herself with them via Facebook.

“(Juggalos) aren’t bad people. We’re not really a gang,” Linda said. “It’s because of the code words we use.”

Andrew Miller said he was once a fan of the group and defended its supporters.

“These ICP fans are the most non-racist, non-hating people,” the Springfield resident said. “Their songs talk about bigotry and how evil it is.”

Cook and Wright were arraigned Monday in Champaign County on charges involving abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence. Their bonds were set at $50,000each.

Puccio and the Forneys were arrested in Hamilton on Saturday. On Monday, they waived extradition in Butler County Common Pleas Court and were brought back to Champaign County.

Puccio is charged with felonious assault, murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence. His bond is $532,500. Andrew Forney faces counts of abuse of a corpse, two counts of obstructing justice, tampering with evidence and complicity to tampering with evidence. His bond is $42,500. Kandis Forney is being held on a $30,000 bond on charges of complicity to tampering with evidence and two counts of obstructing justice.

Friends of Puccio said Sacco was his ex-girlfriend. Police and investigators from the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation spent most of Friday in their Light Street home, bagging evidence.

Linda said Puccio and the Forneys stayed with her prior to being arrested. She said Puccio confessed to her that he had killed Sacco, but Linda said he believed Sacco had planned to kill him.

Linda believes Puccio should not be in jail.

“I think that they should allow him to go,” she said. “I mean, that boy, he would not hurt a fly. The only reason he did it was in self-defense.”

Gary Zerkle, Sacco’s landlord, said she had lived at the Light Street address since last fall. Zerkle said Sacco stopped by in October and asked if Puccio could also move into the apartment.

Zerkle told her it would not be a problem as long as there were no disturbances. Shortly before Thanksgiving, Sacco stopped by again and asked if two more friends from Michigan could spend a week at the apartment. Zerkle said he later discovered Kandis and Andrew Forney had been living in the home for months.

He said he did not know Sacco or Puccio well, but said there had never been any complaints.

Zerkle said the victim’s mother spoke with him about a week ago, saying she had not been able to contact her daughter and that messages were going to voicemail. He said an initial search of the apartment showed no signs of foul play, although the bathroom door was locked. Zerkle said he thought that was suspicious and returned later on his own to check that room, where he found evidence of foul play and alerted police.

Police Chief Matt Lingrell said the investigation continues and that more charges against the five could be pursued.

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There's Juggalos in their 30s? How fucking sad. #-O
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The sole Juggalo in my school was sent to juvi for beating up his mom.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I found the top comment hilarious "Being from the UK I thought Juggalos were just made up by the writers of the show and chuckled along at the grothsqueness of such an unlikely sub-culture. Imagine my surprise and glee when I found out, yesterday, that they are real. They are amazing; they are just amazing just amazing. I want to do an ethnography on them. What an incredible group."
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    one of the dumbest "subcultures" / "gangs" ever.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    yes. my thoughts exactly...

seems like every year or so, we hear of one of these assaults/murders or the like by "juggalos"....fucking stupid...

I also agree with Erik: fucking SAD to hear of a 30-something Juggalo....lulzy....what a fuckin ZERO.....
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    How could you possibly say that about such a great group of people...

I actually knew some of the people in this pic too lol
    you're right how silly of me... they're an interesting and inspiring group of individuals
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    WTF is a juggalo?
    Here our two main gangs are called:-

Mongrel Mob
    Black Power

You don't fuck with them...although I was talking to the president of the local Mob chapter recently at the gym and he told me he had lost 20kg....so I asked him if his tattooes had shrunk when he lost that much weight (he had a huge Mob tattoo on his back)
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

Mongrel Mob
    Black Power
    Juggalos are a cross between these two.
    I love winning with women
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    yes. my thoughts exactly...

seems like every year or so, we hear of one of these assaults/murders or the like by "juggalos"....fucking stupid...

I also agree with Erik: fucking SAD to hear of a 30-something Juggalo....lulzy....what a fuckin ZERO.....
    there's a guy around here who's a juggalo and he's in his 40's
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    o shit the media went there :-O

Music linked 5 people charged in grisly homicide

Five people charged in connection with the killing and dismemberment of a woman in Urbana - including three who were arrested in Hamilton - shared interest in music as part of a loose-knit group identified by the FBI as a growing gang.

Kandis Forney, 25, and Andrew Forney, 26, of Michigan, and Matthew Puccio, 25, Christopher Wright, 37, and Sharon Cook, 25, all of Urbana, were arrested Saturday. They’re facing charges in the death of 21-year-old Jessica Rae Sacco, who was found dead in her apartment on 625 W. Light St. in Urbana on Friday.

Joshua Richards, Champaign County coroner, said an autopsy revealed Sacco’s skin showed signs consistent with suffocation. She had also suffered a stab wound in her upper abdomen, although it was not a fatal injury.

A friend of Puccio and the Forneys who awaited their extradition hearing Monday said she and the others are part of the Juggalos, people known to like Insane Clown Posse and other Psychopathic Records hip hop groups. The friend, Linda, did not want her full name used to protect her identity.

Juggalos have been identified by the FBI as a loosely-organized hybrid gang rapidly growing across the U.S. The FBI reports the group is somewhat transient in nature, and members are often involved in simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism issues. Social networking has helped the group expand, according to the FBI report.

Linda said she, Puccio, the Forneys, Cook and Wright were all Juggalos, but she said it was mostly for the love of the music, which is known for its violent lyrics. She described Sacco as being “on the outside” of the Juggalos group, although she associated herself with them on Facebook, where they all talked about being Juggalos.

“(Juggalos) aren’t bad people. We’re not really a gang,” Linda said. “It’s because of the code words we use.”

Andrew Miller, of Springfield, said he was once a fan of Insane Clown Posse and offered a general defense of its supporters.

“These ICP fans are the most non-racist, non-hating people,” Miller said. “Their songs talk about bigotry and how evil it is.”

But fans of “horrorcore,” a blend of rap and heavy metal music with violent imagery, were accused of four separate murder cases in a two-month period in 2009. The attackers used a machete and a knife in one attack, baseball bats in another.

Said Special Agent Harry Trombitas of the FBI’s Columbus office then, “Individuals who are on the pathway to violence often surround themselves with violent music and literature. These (musical) groups themselves are not causative, but they’re often enhancers.”

Cook and Wright were arraigned Monday in Champaign County on charges involving corpse abuse and evidence tampering. Their bonds are set at $50,000 each.

Puccio and the Forneys were arrested in Hamilton on Saturday. On Monday, they waived extradition in Butler County Common Pleas Court and were transported back to Champaign County.

Puccio is charged with felonious assault, murder, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence. His bond is $532,500.

Andrew Forney faces counts of abuse of a corpse, two counts of obstructing justice, tampering with evidence and complicity to tampering with evidence. His bond is $42,500.

Kandis Forney is being held on a $30,000 bond on charges of complicity to tampering with evidence and two counts of obstructing justice.

Friends of Puccio said Sacco was his ex-girlfriend. Police and investigators from the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation spent most of the day on March 30 in their Light Street home, sorting and bagging evidence.

Sacco was not pregnant, although there had been rumors that was the case, coroner Richards said.

Linda said Puccio and the Forneys stayed with her prior to being arrested. She said Puccio confessed to her that he had killed Sacco, but Linda said he believed Sacco had planned to kill him.

Linda believes Puccio should not be in jail.

“I think that they should allow him to go,” she said. “I mean, that boy, he would not hurt a fly. The only reason he did it was in self defense.”

Gary Zerkle, Sacco’s landlord, said she had lived at the Light Street address since last fall. Zerkle said Sacco stopped by around October and asked if Puccio could also move into the apartment.

Zerkle told her it would not be a problem as long as there were no disturbances. Shortly before Thanksgiving, Sacco stopped by again and asked if two more friends from Michigan could spend a week at the apartment. Zerkle said he later discovered Kandis and Andrew Forney were living in the home for months since that time.

He said he did not know Sacco or Puccio well, but said there had never been any complaints in the past.

Zerkle said the victim’s mother spoke with him about a week ago, saying she had not been able to contact her daughter and that messages went straight to voicemail. He said an initial search of the apartment showed no signs of foul play, although the bathroom door was locked. Zerkle said he thought that was suspicious and went back later on his own to check that room, where he found evidence of foul play and alerted police.

Police Chief Matt Lingrell said the investigation continues and the five could face additional charges.

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I hate when they do that... music doesnt kill people, dumbass and crazy people kill people
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    manson liked the beach boys
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    The beach boys almost drive me to murder
  • die4dethklokdie4dethklok Posts: 29 salt miner
    At least the beach boys were original in their time.

I'll admit i liked ICP when i was 15 but it gets pretty old once you start getting laid regularly. Check out the def. of a Juggalo on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Its kind of insulting to self respecting, hard working Bloods and Crips to call Juggalos a gang.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I bought my mom tickets to the beach boys for her birthday
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Check out the def. of a Juggalo on Encyclopedia Dramatica
    omfg
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    The beach boys almost drive me to murder
    me too....