Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Plasma vs LCD

2»

Comments

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    @ Wake
    Nice! But USD $3500?
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    You two are retarded. Not all tvs are going to be 3d and no where was I suggesting that. Just that the hype of people buying them drives down the price of the other tvs which is nice for me because i don't want 3d
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I hate all this 3D hype
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    I hate all this 3D hype
    itll die in 5 years... 3d tv will be nothing

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

I think it's all stupid. It was cool when it was in theater every once in a while
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    No you should think it's awesome because it makes badass regular tvs cheaper in price
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    So why is LED better than LCD?
    This is the store I will probably get one from as I can get it for cost + 10%
    Anyone got any ideas in which they think is the best?
    I want a decent brand like Sony or Panasonic (not LG).
    Bearing in mind the prices on this site are in NZ dollars (NZD $1 = USD $0.815)

http://m.jbhifi.co.nz/tv-lcd-led-plasma/
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    @ Wake
    Nice! But USD $3500?
    I actually bought it for 2100 if I remember correctly. The store did an online price match and then gave me 10% off that price due to a coupon. It was sweet because I ended up walking out of the store with the 8000 series model for cheaper then the 6000 series model.
    So why is LED better than LCD?
    This is the store I will probably get one from as I can get it for cost + 10%
    Anyone got any ideas in which they think is the best?
    I want a decent brand like Sony or Panasonic (not LG).

LED uses less power then LCD and will last longer. I could be wrong but I think most "LED" tv's are actually LCD displays with LED backlight. I could totally be wrong though because I havent really payed close attention to the technology.

I use to be a Sony TV fanboy. I was usually willing to pay 200 dollars more for a Sony branded TV over any other brand. After last Feb though, I really feel I got the best TV on the market. I dont think anyone is making a better TV then Samsung.

FYI - that site sucks. No selection and the prices are really high. Even with the exchange rate.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    wake is wrong... LED can come by its selfvez

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

wake is wrong... LED can come by its selfvez
    Alright, post your link proving I am wrong. I'll leave this one here for you

http://reviews.cnet.com/led-tvs-review-10-things-you-need-to-know

1. An LED TV is not a new kind of TV.

I appreciate a good marketing ploy as much as the next guy, but an LED TV is just an LCD TV that's backlit with light-emitting diodes (LEDs) instead of standard cold-cathode fluorescent lights (or CCFLs). And though they became well-known last year with Samsung's ultrathin models, LED-backlit LCDs have been on mainstream store shelves since 2007, when Samsung's LN-T4681F debuted.
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    we like our 42" sony vizio. less than $800 at Costco.
    good picture, backlit lcd frames the image nicer than without (we really shopped and it does make a difference)
    I hate all this 3D hype
    itll die in 5 years... 3d tv will be nothing
    I'm waiting for hologram tvs that look like the action is taking place inside a little diorama stage

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING SONY VIZIO?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I still have an old school standard tv from 2000. I'm fine with that
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    there is only two things i like to watch in crystal clear definiton, boobies and nature stuff like Planet Earth, anything else 0 fux on video quality