Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    If you want to read it you can do it on there, or don't read it at all givezafukk either way 

inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy

Yeah I'm not reading it 

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy

What a waste of money to just leave lol

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2014
    Chuckless said:

Random snippets From roo.

My friend tripped on a quarter of mushrooms the first day, had what I guess was a life changing epiphany and straight up left on saturday.

=)) =)) =))

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    The guy goes "be careful with these they're powerful" he eats about an eighth, starts tripping and decides to eat the second half. Fucker burned himself out on the first day before shit really got started.

image Photobucket
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy

deceased.

I love winning with women
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Chuckless said:

Had my first molly experience and rolled during chance from 2-3 and then raved until 6 am.

Realistically it was probably cut with meth. Or just plain meth.

Mfw i likely tried meth.

That's Methylone. It's sold as molly cuz they have similar effects except it's a lot more "speedy." It could've been meth too. You were in Tennessee after all.
    Revocation had to drop the fucking show, left after Fit For An Autopsy/Rivers Of Nihil. 

inb4lists
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies

Well I can tell you why the tag line is "meth: not even once" if it was I could totally get down with that. Chance was probably my first real hip hop set. Shit nevermind technically my second since he was the same night as Kanye. I was wondering how they did songs featuring other rappers. I was disappointed to find out the answer was they just didn't even acknowledge that part. 

I tell you what, in a crowd of 100k you can totally get lost in different planets. I was up front for Kanye, like way up front...and he went on this Ye-esque rant about how the press made him sound bad at the last bonnaroo and fuck that shit he's here to tear it down. Where I was, everybody was cheering him on. From my friends and other people at roo, the whole rant started because in the mid to back he was getting booed hardcore and after the rant it looked like a riot was about to break out. I think it worked out for the best because everybody that left obviously didn't want to be there from the start, the rest of us got a show. After the set though according to my friend somebody sprayed "SHOULDA BOOKED OUTKAST" on a shit load of portapots. Which reminds me one of my favorite moments was waiting for Chance and everybody singing Roses fucking top of their lungs at 3am. 
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

One of my friends plays drums in a band called Awaken the Ancient that opened for that show's Atlanta date

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy

If it was meth you would still be up 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Chuckless said:
    The guy goes "be careful with these they're powerful" he eats about an eighth, starts tripping and decides to eat the second half. Fucker burned himself out on the first day before shit really got started.

Still loling

edited July 2014

Wolves In The Throne Room - 7/20/14 - los angeles

hit the road around 710, and even though it was a 20 minute straight shot, I didnt even get into the venue till around an hour later, first because I almost couldnt find parking, which freaked me the fuck out because the sun was setting and I was in the dead middle of la, but as soon as I thought "fuck..." a guy pulled out of his spot in front of me. praise it.

took a few sour d pen hits and went to the gates of the venue about 1/8 of a mile around the corner. got my wristband and realized I forgot my earplugs because marijuana. headed back to my car and at this point it really started to hit and I got sketched out by a group of meh-he-kanows standing around on the sidewalk ahead of me. got my earplugs, quadruple locked my car, and on my way back I realized they were doing charity work for a bake sale at the church across the street :|

finally got back into the venue and holy shit ive never seen this many depressed looking hipster folks in my life. it was just a different level. not even anywhere near neurosis. here in phx we have the stereotypical looking bastards... messenger bags, styled staches/beards, carribeaners, borderline metrosexual denim shorts... but I couldnt tell who was just being a hipster and who was a potential domestic terrorist at this one. fortunately I met up with this one cool dude from metalsetlists whom ive 'known' for a while and kicked it with him most of the night. sat in the back and had a beer for the first "band" which was just a guy doing a dj set I think. the jams were cool but nothing all that amazing. 7/10

next band was nommo ogo and they were a little better, or at least a bit more interesting. at one point the singer/guitarist used this native american wind instrument over the black metal/drums and it sounded fucking dope, but I only remember them doing that once. set was still cool though. 8/10

wandered a bit before wolves and noticed this dope ass fucking music they were playing on the PA. it was like horror electronic/ambient or something, I was digging it hard. shazam couldnt ID it, go the fuck figure. turns out it was a one man project called "sacrificial totem" and the dude is an eco terrorist who went to jail. lol. one of the tracks was this droney noise kind of thing with this voice that sounded like it was recorded in a concrete room, yelling "SOPHIA!" and it fucking gave me chills. would never listen to on psychedelics. MC would dig it good.

wolves' set was fucking the best ever. the bass was so intense it rattled my stomach and muscles, way more than om both times. the set itself was so beautiful, and they played the three best songs off of celestial lineage, as well as some two hunters and diadem stuff. almost couldnt have asked for a better setlist, although black cascade material would have been the only change. fog everywhere, all the time. 12/10

edit: wittr set:

1. Thuja Magus Imperium
    2. (A Shimmering Radiance) Diadem of 12 Stars
    3. Dea Artio
    4. Astral Blood
    5. Vastness and Sorrow
    6. Prayer of Transformation

only vid to surface so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTr2CFXt3gU

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

I'd prolly cry like a girl if I got to see Shimmering Radiance live 

the crowd went nuts for that. I think shimmering radience was played normally but for like astral blood it was about 2/3 of the song with ambiance placed between parts. I wasnt really down with the moshing, neither are wittr, but I expected it lol. I had a pretty decent spot considering the turnout.

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers

Sounds dope as fuck. Does like concert noise bother you? Jw why earplugs?