Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Rex420 said:

I listened to that purple bottle song once....god damn it sucked

that was way gay

TheCLIT said:

I remember hearing
    What Would I Want? Sky
    Applesauce
    Wide Eyed
    Today's Supernatural
    The Purple Bottle
    Brother Sport
    My Girls
    Lion in a Coma
    Amanita
    I Think I Can

Some others I know I'd heard before but I don't know the name and at least 2 I just flat out didn't know lol

peacebone :-?

that one is pretty difficult to forget once you hear it haha
    I love winning with women
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Peacebone was what had my friends sold in to going if we got shrooms.

Dude I'm not kidding when I say the only shrooms we found here recently were $35/gram.
    This literally killed the market.
    https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2012/09/21/Psychedelic-mushroom-seizure-believed-near-record.html
    image Photobucket
    cot damn. some heisenberg shit.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    137 pounds? Holy shit. That dude is going to jail for a long ass time.
    bullshit. some murder is roaming the street somewhere. legalize drugs.

bullshit. some murder is roaming the street somewhere. legalize drugs.

and murder :-??
    so fucking dead at that picture =))
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Holy shit I didn't even look at the picture until now
    image Photobucket
    windhand show was fucking dope. friday the 13th doom show... doesnt get much more fitting.

@Teh_Rutabaga I remembered you were listening to twingiant a while back. their bassist/singer works with my good friend at a diner and they opened the show. well he was drinking all night and two min before windhands set ended, he walked up onto the stage and just stood there staring at the drummer. then he starts touching the kit and yelling something but has the most spaced expression on his face. windhand drummer and guitarist dont know what the fuck is happening. drummer says "yeah, so we're playing a set right n...ow?" about that time his pants half fall down. dude was blackout. I almost died laughing.
    =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Didnt you say that dude was smashed at some other show as well?
    hes smashed a ton from what I hear but hes a nice ass guy. he and my friend and I were talking before they went on and he was recalling one of the recent times weedeater rolled through and he got blackout with dixie and they had to run from the cops drunk as shit or something.
    >youtube show in hopes of footage
    >first result is him already drunk =)) =)) =))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0CiiHIQ4cc
    "I cant hear you talking, but I love watching your lips move"

:))
    Beer in one hand, shot in the other. I love it \m/ =))
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    LOG/KSE/Testament/Huntress
    11/23/13
    Boston MA

So me and my buds got to the venue around 1pm, since doors opened at 4:30 and we had nothing else to do. We wound up being the first people there. At one point I ended up taking a loop around the block in order to locate some food/coffee and ran into Adam D hauling some gear down the road. Ended up going “Adam deeeeee”, he just said what’s up and we both kept going our separate ways. Would have asked for a pic or something but the dude looked like he was freezing and I didn’t want to be a dick. Ended up locating my coffee and getting back in line. Had to stand through 3 hours of constant people asking if we had extra tickets since the show was sold out.

Venue opened up and I copped a center rail spot alongside my friends. Huntress started up and Jill’s microphone wasn’t turned on until the end of the first song. Saw this band at Mayhem Fest and their show was largely the same; decent musicians but Jill is just goddamn ridiculous. One thing I noticed about their show this time is that their drummer is actually really good. He wound up upstaging everybody else in the band, especially since his kit was right up on the edge of the stage. The mixing was pretty good for them but other than that I was just waiting for them to get off stage.

Next up was Testament. It was my first time seeing them and I have to say I was pretty pumped. They put on a great show but for reasons unknown the mixing was utter shit. I could barely hear Chuck the entire time and Alex’s guitar was pretty muted to me. I was confused because the House of Blues has always been spot on with the mixing with every other band I’ve seen there. Seeing Gene Hoglan destroy that kit in person was glorious. They wound up cutting DNR from their set which sort of pissed me off but oh well.

This was my first time seeing Killswitch since MayhemFest 2009, which was my first ever metal show and I had no idea who they were. They wound up being one of my first metal bands and I’ve been waiting to see them again ever since. It pissed me off that I couldn’t see them on the AOJB anniversary tour since it’s my favorite album by them. Thankfully the venue’s mixing was back up to par for KSE and they put on a great fucking show. Setlist was a great mix of old and new material, and Jesse is one of the most charismatic frontmen in metal. I think somebody else already said it, but the crowd sing-along on The End of Heartache was chilling. The only time I’ve heard a louder response was probably both times I’ve seen Chevelle at Lupo’s. Wound up getting both a drumstick and a setlist. I gave the setlist to my friend since he’s a gigantic KSE fan and I already had the drumstick, but the drumstick ended up falling out of the car at some point so it’s gone. Great show though.

Last band was Lamb of God. This was my third time seeing them in a span of one year, and was the best performance I’ve seen from them yet. The fill-in bassist did a great job, and Randy had a level of energy I’ve never seen from him. I don’t know if it’s because it was a sold-out show, but Randy was on fucking fire. He was belting out lines that he usually has left to the crowd for the past few years, and was moving spastically the whole damn set. The highlight of the entire show was Vigil, which really should be a set staple for the band. Wound up jumping off the rail and into the pit during the song, and promptly got straight up trampled by the circle pit. As in legitimately trampled, I have no idea how I got back up or how I didn’t break anything, but I’m not complaining. Hung out in the pit for the rest of the set and led the charge during Black Label. Left that pit with bloody knuckles.

Couldn’t move the entire next day. So successful show.

Huntress 4/10
    Testament 7/10
    Killswitch Engage 9/10
    Lamb of God 9/10
    >moshes twice
    >camt move

Jk. But yeah end of a heartache was sick. Did you catch log on their last run? Felt like that show blew this one out of the water.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    This was on their last run...

and the inability to move was mainly from being trampled and getting into a mini-fight during black label