Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers

I wanna see Cormorant........ :(

So surreal seeing them go from not a blip on anyone's radar to going on a full tour, that actually sounds like it was fairly successful.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My boy Edgar followed them on the tour and served as a manager for them \m/
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    As I Lay Dying/Battlecross-9/25/12-Santos Party House-NYC

So, I was excited as fuck when I heard this show announced since admission was simply preordering the CD from one of three locations and the support didn't suck. I got to the venue at 3:30. There were only about 10 people in front of me and Nick of AILD was just chilling with the line joking about 80s pop songs. Pretty funny shit. All the members of Battlecross and AILD were hanging outside at different times while we were waiting to get in. Doors were supposed to open at 7, but we didn't get in till 7:45 because the show was originally billed to be in the downstairs room which apparently tiny as fuck, but they decided to move everything upstairs to the bigger room that could have squeezed in 600 and they had to go soundcheck all over again. My phone was dying so I wasn't able to snap many pictures, also I didn't want my phone to get damaged becayse there wasn't a barrier.

Battlecross-I was supposed to see these guys last year with Kvelertak but got there too late so I was excited as fuck to see them. I may not have really known any of their songs, but we could not have had a better opener. They were fun, loud, and made us bang our heads. The singer was hilarious and had really creepy long nails. :)) Everyone went crazy when they played Pantera's "Fucking Hostile". 8/10 (could have played longer)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

As I Lay Dying-This was my 5th time seeing them, but first time as a headliner, unless you count SOTU 2006 when they coheadlined with In Flames. Anyway, when the lights went down and the intro started, all hell started to break loose. Opening up with Condemned, Tim had everyone bouncing and screaming and smiling. We had our first crowdsurfer/stage diver, during Anodyne Sea. Craziness continued with 94 Hours and I decided to surf during Through Struggle and Tim had to help me up on stage because I was just chilling in the air. :)) The pit was a little weak, but that's because there were way too many old people/radio industry people there and not enough fans. They continued with Nothing Left, Forever, Confined, Cauterize, another old song that setlist.fm says was Forever, but I don't remember that, and they closed with The Sound of Truth, which I surfed again but got dropped on my head before I could roll on stage. Hurt like a bitch. Only complaints, not enough fans there and they could have played longer. I caught an AILD drumstick that I'm going to have them sign later tonight. 9/10

I'll upload a picture of the drumstick later tonight after I get them to sign it. I may have to go to the shitty tour in December to see more songs.

kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    I have blue and red stick :P

I watched the feed it was forever
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Oh. :)) I was all over the place last night, so yeah. :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    DESERT UPRISING: ROB ZOMBIE/MARILYN MANSON/more
    9/28/12 AFH Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ

Skipped the whole side stage of meh buttrock bands including ATR so that I could get a rail spot for main. Worth it.

Art of Dying - Buttrockus maximus, but not as terrible as I expected. 6/10

Corey Taylor - Actually a really, really cool set. All acoustic. He played Snuff, which is one of my favorite Slipknot songs, even now. That was fucking cool to see and hear performed. The new songs he played sounded pretty cool too.He fucked up a couple times and when he left the stage after his set, you could tell he was pissed as fuck. 9/10
    From what I remember, not entirely in order:

Different Strokes theme song
    Bother
    New song
    Say That You'll Haunt Me
    Snuff
    Dying
    New song
    Through Glass

Buckcherry - Kind of fun I guess, but still shitty music and you could tell that the singer was only there to show off to the girls. And as such, their guitarist kept throwing picks to the two drunk 40 year old women next to me. By the last song, they had five or six each. I wa pretty Nola because the dude had like 30 on him. So at the end, he goes to throw a whole pile of them out, and I catch the whole pile aside from two. SO I ended up with seven Buckcherry picks and their setlist :)) 6/10

Marilyn Manson - My reason for the outrageous amount of money to attend this. I went as ham as I could for being on the rail. The stage setup was pretty straightforward for a Manson show. Graveyardy, but the GAOG double crosses where everywhere. The setlist (below) was pretty damn decent actually. Nothing off of THEOL, thank god. Antichrist was done in a very different manner, and no bible burning/tearing. Not listed on the setlist, but they did 1996 briefly between mOBSCENE and The Dope Show. It was fucking phenomenal. 11/10

Yeah, the 'S' went out.

Rob Zombie - Same basic show in terms of songs, but the stage show was something else. This one was very animatronic heavy, with like three or four different animatronics coming out, some of them really fucking big. Most of the set was LCD screens and then a couple pyro moments. Unfortunately, my phone died between MM and Zombie, so I couldn't get any pics myself, but I'll look some up to post. 9/10

His set was along the lines of (with some missing):

Jesus Frankenstein
    Superbeast
    Living Dead Girl
    Scum of the Earth
    Never Gonna Stop
    School's Out
    Mars Needs Women
    Pussy Liquor
    Thunderkiss 65
    Dragula
    I love winning with women
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Both Manson and Zombie's setlist are just fucking lazy. These fuckers couldn't dig a little deeper for this tour instead of playing the same shit? Not shocked, but certainly disappointed. Hopefully they'll shake things up in upcoming weeks.
    Like I said, knowing that he was going to play some of Born Villain, I'm just happy the other precious slots weren't wasted with THEOL shit lol.
    Before I die, I want to hear/see Coma White & Black, Mechanical Animals, AWTSW, Man That You Fear, The Reflecting God, Last Day on Earth and 1996, but in full.

Not sure if I'll ever get to see em all but hopefully at least some.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'll wait and see what happens with the first arena dates. This was a festival hopefully each add a few songs
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Ape pointed out that they'll probably be playing a couple more songs each on the real tour, and although I agree, it'll most likely be The Fight Song/We're From America or some shit.
    @-)
    Alex said:

Before I die, I want to hear/see Coma White & Black, Mechanical Animals, AWTSW, Man That You Fear, The Reflecting God, Last Day on Earth and 1996, but in full.

Not sure if I'll ever get to see em all but hopefully at least some.

You didn't go to the Twiggy reunion tour in 2008? They played Coma White/Coma Black, Mechanical Animals, 1996 and Reflecting God. That may be the last great Manson set we'll ever see.
    Yeah that 08 show is a sore subject for me. I got a ticket and everything, long story short, couldn't make it.
    Sorry I brought it up.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I could have gone and for some reason decided against it. Can I got back in time and punch myself in the face!?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    downnola said:

Sorry I brought it up.

No, it's fine haha. It was just one of the biggest letdowns of my life lol.
    Alex said:

downnola said:

Sorry I brought it up.

No, it's fine haha. It was just one of the biggest letdowns of my life lol.
    Completely unsarcastic btw. It was just a huge deal in high school because... high school. Marilyn Manson. Even though I saw him the year before.
    I'm sorry to do this Alex, but look at it...

Cruci-Fiction in Space
    Disposable Teens
    Irresponsible Hate Anthem
    Great Big White World
    mOBSCENE
    Mechanical Animals
    Heart-Shaped Glasses
    The Love Song
    Sweet Dreams
    Rock 'n' Roll Nigger
    Tourniquet
    Little Horn
    The Dope Show (Happiness Is A Warm Gun intro)
    Rock Is Dead
    Coma White/Coma Black
    The Reflecting God
    Encore:
    Antichrist Superstar
    The Beautiful People
    I KNOW, DUDE, I KNOW X( X(