Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    my hearing is still fine.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    So are you honestly telling us that you think your hearing is still perfectly fine just because you haven't noticed a difference yet?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    drink fuckin heroin
    wut
    You know that ringing in your ears, that eeeeeeeeeeeeee. That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Enjoy it while it lasts.......
    Great. Fucking. Movie.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I messed it up let me fix it.

"Y'know that ringing in your ears? That 'eeeeeeeeee'? That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Once it's gone you'll never hear that frequency again. Enjoy it while it lasts."
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    What if it were called Children of Pizza and instead of women losing the ability to give birth, everyone forgot how to make pizza? then in the long shot where the baby is born, and everyone hears the crying baby and the fighting stops, some guy justs pulls out the first freshly baked pizza in like 25 years. the fighting then momentarily stops when everyone starts to smell the pizza as they walk through the warzone holding the pizza.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    edited October 2011
    You know that ringing in your ears, that eeeeeeeeeeeeee. That's the sound of the ear cells dying, like their swan song. Enjoy it while it lasts.......
    lol 'ear cells' ape? seriously? haha
    im pretty sure the term would be 'auditory hair cells'
    and by the way, when the tips of those hair cells are broken off, they regrow usually within 24 hours so theyre not really 'dying'
    imageimage
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    So, now that I can kinda sorta think...not really. I'll do a full review tomorrow, but here's a quick one.

Got there right as Kvelertak was setting up. Missed all the other bands. Whatever. I have almost never seen a happier, more energetic crowd. I crowd surfed, got punched in the face, whatever. Alex stage dived. I accidentally punched the bassist when crowd
    surfing since he decided to jump on top of me. Hah! Anyway. If you have a chance to see Kvelertak...GO!!! Holy hell. 11/10. They're insane. Afterwards, we went to a dubstep rave until 3am. Saw the band Knife Party. I can say, I like dubstep live. Got back in my apartment at 5am. Now, going to see Kvelertak again today on a boat. I'm so tired and my body hurts everywhere, but it was SO worth it.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    lol 'ear cells' ape? seriously? haha
    im pretty sure the term would be 'auditory hair cells'
    and by the way, when the tips of those hair cells are broken off, they regrow usually within 24 hours so theyre not really 'dying'
    It's from a movie.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    11/10.
    Oh dear.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    11/10.
    Oh dear.....
    Jay, you have NO IDEA how amazing that fucking show was. I would say it was my show of the year if I didn't know they will top it tonight...on a mother fucking boat.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    jesus christ i was kidding about the earplug thing...tho i still wouldnt wear them but i get why people do
    Wearing a beaning to a show is slightly muffling. Hah.
    jesus christ i was kidding about the earplug thing...tho i still wouldnt wear them but i get why people do
    i was joking too. idc if people wear ear plugs or not. i dont wear them though and probably never will.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    So are you honestly telling us that you think your hearing is still perfectly fine just because you haven't noticed a difference yet?
    well clearly my hearing is fucked up even though i can hear just fine.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I'm not suggesting it's "fucked up", I'm just saying that it's a little premature to say that your hearing hasn't been damaged at all just because you don't notice a difference yet.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm not suggesting it's "fucked up", I'm just saying that it's a little premature to say that your hearing hasn't been damaged at all just because you don't notice a difference yet.
    ok. my apologies :D
    So, I was waiting till the setlists were posted, but screw it. I'll just wing it.

Kvelertak-Europa-NYC-10/21/11

So, we missed all the opening bands and got to the club at 9:30. Bought a Kvelertak shirt for $15. They came on stage at 9:45. No barrier. Moshing, crowd surfing, and stage diving. Never seen a more happy crowd. I accidentally punched the bassist when he stage dived on top of me when I was crowd surfing. They played either all or almost all of their album.

Kvelertak

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Alex about to stage dive.
    Photobucket
    edited October 2011
    Rocks Off Cruise-Kvelertak/Skeletonwitch/Tombs/Psychic Limb-NYC-10/22/11

Got there at 4:30. Boat cast off at 7:00. Met some awesome people. There were maybe 70 or 80 people there. Videos were not filmed by me. Pictures are mine though.

Psychic Limb-Sounded alright, but the singer was a fucking dick. 4/10
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/31018193

Tombs-Missed 1/2 their set because I was outside on the balcony with people. Sounded great though. 7/10

View from the back of the boat:
    Photobucket
    https://player.vimeo.com/video/30988473

Skeletonwitch-Susan and I made our way to the front. There was no barrier. Hell, there was no stage. They just started handing out cans of beer. They were insane. Crowd keep on trying to push us on top of the band. After 3 songs, I had to get out of there. You can see me in the video at like 2:00. I'm the one wearing glasses and a hoodie behind that crazy redhead. 8/10
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Kvelertak-Wow. I didn't think they could get any crazier. I was in the front again, but off to the side, so I wasn't as jostled around as I was during Skeletonwitch. Got slashed by a guitar string. Singer was in his boxers...creepy. But yeah, they tore apart the ceiling. Guy next to me filmed it. 11/10
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Post edited by KridesBrideBritt on