Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited June 2011
    i think pennyroyal tea or you know your right would sound badass live
    I love You Know You're Right
    If their next album would have been anything like that song, it would have been a great album. But Kurt had to go off and kill himself :-W
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Feel better Rex >:D<
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    i feel like such a bitch lately...all iv been doing on here is bitching and complaining
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I love xkcd! my fav web comic.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2011
    There's at least a hundred of them at every club show and about 200 at every medium sized venue show here. I don't even know where to begin... I just hate them. I'm no racist, but they piss me off. The way they barge in and stir shit is just... ugh. There's almost always a fight between them and the white guys.
    Imagine if you went to shows... and every time, a multitude of giant people shoved you aside and there was almost nothing you could do about it.
    I really despise them. It's unfortunate, but I really do. I like their culture, though.
    I grew up in Spokane WA, which was fairly close to Hayden Lake, ID. And back in the day it was a huge Aryan Nation camp. It was bad enough that they would get a float in 4th of July parades riding around screaming "fuck nig****" with a black manikin being hung on the float. Really awful shit that made you go "How is that legal???" - oh yeah, freedom of speech.

Anyways these fuckers would always come to metal shows. Like a thousand of these 6'4 skin heads that did the exact same shit you described. I hate those fuckers. They were stupid... dumb as a fucking rock. and would basically ruin the concert experience by basically trying to start shit with anyone and everyone.

Call me a racist... But I fucking HATE white people that belong to the Aryan Nation, or the kkk, or neo nazi's. kill them all with fire.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't worry, no one's going to judge you for hating people who hate others.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Deftones/Dillinger Escape Plan/Le Butcherettes in San Antonio, Texas @ AT&T Center: SOLD OUT!

Review is late but oh well.Walked up to the venue around around 6pm and got our tickets. They had just opened up a few more tickets to the pit so I was extremely excited to score those. The show didn't start till 8pm so it was going to be late show and I very much enjoy those. The venue had a Deftones pre-show party in the Bud Light Courtyard with the band Drive. Didn't check it out cause we wanted a good spot for the show, so we just waited in line for about and hour and half. Doors opened and we bolted to the merch spot. All shirts were $30 bucks and hoodies were about $70. Hats were $35 and women shirts were about $40. After all that we headed to the stage and got ourselves a good spot on the rail on the right hand side.

Le Butcherettes-The pre show party ended and the venue started to fill up fast. I really hadn't heard of Le Butcherettes before this show. I looked into them and liked what I had heard. Omar-Rodriguez Lopez(Mars Volta) produced their album, so that had me even more excited to see them live. They are a 3 piece band fronted by a front woman named Teri "The Gender Bender". I saw her and yelled her name out and started waving. She saw me and smiled and waved back :3 but when she hit that stage man it was a total 360 and she become possessed with the music. So much energy and emotion when she sang it was awesome. Their style(punk/garage) was excellent and fun. She was all over the place and man when she played the guitar =P~ towards the end of their set she got this flower vase and started running around the whole arena and broke it in front of someone, then she went back on stage and said, "Thank you" while she grabbed another vase and poured what looked like ashes all over herself and walked off stage. Was awesome and the set was good 8.5/10

Set:

Tainted in Sin
    Henry Don't Got Love
    I'm Getting Sick of You
    Bang

and I can't remember the rest

The Dillinger Escape Plan- The band I had been waiting for all night. I seen Deftones over 5 times and Dillinger hardly comes around, so of course I very excited for DEP to come on. The lights went out and the strobe lights from hell started up. Ben got on stage and hit the note for the beginning for Farewell, Mona Lise. I started getting pumped up and then Greg hit the stage and they exploded into the song. I was singing along with every word and just going crazy. The band itself flying all over the stage and jumping off everything they can get onto if they could. The only problem I have is that San Antonio Deftones fans are like Iron Maiden fans. If you aren't Deftones then gtfo the stage haha. Not a lot of people were into their set, but a good handful of us were. They finished up with 43% Burnt and tore up the guitar amps and drum kit and walked off the stage. DEP 9/10

Set:

Farwell, Mona Lisa
    Milk Lizard
    Panasonic Youth
    Chinese Whispers
    Room Full of Eyes
    Gold Teeth On A Bum
    Black Bubblegum
    Sunshine the Werewolf
    43% Burnt

Deftones- Now the time had come and the band of the night was going to take the stage. San Antonio only goes die hard for certain bands and one of them being Deftones. Deftones have always said this was their 2nd home and praised the city so much for taking them in in their early years and being with them since. I believe Chino and the whole gang and have had the blessing to hang out with them more than once for more then several hours. What better way to trust us and show them how much we appreciate them then have them play in the 20,000 seat AT&T Center arena. Boy did we show them :D The arena was packed top to bottom and was sold out. We were the only stop of the whole tour for the Deftones to play in arena and this size crowd. The lights went out and the hit the stage Chino ran up that ramp and his face was priceless. He let out a big shocked face and a gigantic smile took over. He looked at Steph and BAM! Kicked into Diamond Eyes. The whole arena erupted and was an amazing sight to see. Everyone on the floor was singing and moshing, while the people in the seats were all moving and headbanging. After Diamond Eyes I could tell Chino was having trouble with his monitor in his ear. He said fuck it and Rockets Skates started. At least 6 big pits opened up on the floor and everyone singing GUNS! RAZORS! KNIVES!.........WOOOOOOOO!!!! But I could tell his monitor was still giving him problems and at the end of the song they tried to replace it. It was taking to long Chino ran up the ramp and started Engine #9 with a tech's arm up his shirt trying to replace it. What happened made me cover my ears. Chino basically said fuck it and ripped his shirt off to continue the song. I never heard so many god damn girls scream and cream their pants before. It was O_O haha.

After that he got it fixed and put his shirt back on and continued on. The man was an animal and was all over the place. He was in our face a couple times and just going crazy. This was perhaps the best version of Chino I have ever seen and the best performance Deftones I have ever seen. GO SEE THEM IF THEY ARE COMING. 100 OUT OF FUCKING 10

Set:

Diamond Eyes
    Rocket Skates
    Birthmark
    Engine No. 9
    Be Quiet And Drive (Far Away)
    My Own Summer (Shove It)
    Digital Bath
    Knife Party
    Korea
    Minerva
    Bloody Cape
    You've Seen The Butcher
    Sextape
    Kimdracula
    Feiticeira
    Elite
    Change (In The House Of Flies)
    Passenger (With Greg from Dillinger)
    Back To School (Mini Maggit)

Encore

Root
    7 Words
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I make poop like champ
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    No hexagram? Lol as if the band didn't suck enough already they cut out one of the only two good songs
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    U2 at Oakland coliseum-10/10
    Maybe I'll put up an actual review when I'm back in Cali, but it was an amazing show \m/
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    U2 at Oakland coliseum-10/10
    Maybe I'll put up an actual review when I'm back in Cali, but it was an amazing show \m/
    How did they sound? I know the Coliseum has just dreadful sound.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    Actually pretty good considering. We were up in the balcony but still great seats. When I'm home I'll get my videos up on YouTube, you can judge from that.
    Besides, it is outdoor, usually makes Sound better. Oracle is terrible..
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oracle was fine for Rise Against, but I wouldn't say that it was Slims or Parkside.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Wait, wine likes ride against *glares*
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Only time I've had problems with the Oracle Arena is during The Mars Volta's opening set for RHCP.

Hopefully it's good at Soundgarden
    Eww soundgarden
    Soundgarden is poop jay